SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the 2020 US Presidential Election?
Mighty Trumpster 30 54.55%
Good ol' Joe 20 36.36%
Ross Perot 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-20, 04:36 PM   #121
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Don't make a theatre again. These kind of always the same rhetorical tricks have become quite transparent...

Why don't you just answer his question? You're such a self proclaimed expert on US politics and the Trump administration it should be quite easy for you. Or is your whole argument just your usual load anti-US crap, hmm?

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 09-28-20, 04:55 PM   #122
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Why don't you just answer his question? You're such a self proclaimed expert on US politics and the Trump administration it should be quite easy for you. Or is your whole argument just your usual load anti-US crap, hmm?
If it's my question you are referring to, then it was u crank I asked. Which should be clear since I quoted him.

Oh my mistake-I forgot the second sentence in u crank comment.
Forget what I wrote.

Markus
Old 09-28-20, 05:02 PM   #123
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Really? Are you suggesting that Biden's supporters have no reason to forgive him for anything? Joe Biden was first elected to the Senate in 1973. Nixon was President. Do the math. Just short of 45 years. It's a hell of a story if you were interested.

Let me ask you a question. Could you name a single person in the Trump White House, his administration, the US military or even a Secret Service agent who would throw away their career, their livelihood and maybe risk jail to follow the orders of someone who isn't President?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If it's my question you are referring to, then it was u crank I asked. Which should be clear since I quoted him.

Oh my mistake-I forgot the second sentence in u crank comment.
Forget what I wrote.

Markus

Old 09-28-20, 05:45 PM   #124
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Some questions popped up after having read your answer to Skybird's comment.

1. Are you 100 % sure Trump wouldn't do as Skybird wrote and refuse to accept the outcome of the election-if the result says Biden won or the result isn't at hand (days after Nov. 3th)?
As I have explained to Skybird on a number of occasions, it doesn't matter if Trump refuses to accept the outcome. If Biden is a clear winner or if the Supreme Court declares him to be the winner he will be President. And there is a long time to see how that goes. From Nov. 3 to Jan. 20.

Quote:
2. ...but isn't there a chance thousands of his followers will occupy the White House(they will be invited by Trump) ?
Highly unlikely but even if they did it would not change anything. The power of the US Presidency isn't decided by who occupies a building. It comes from the Constitution.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-28-20, 05:47 PM   #125
u crank

Quote:
Don't make a theatre again. These kind of always the same rhetorical tricks have become quite transparent...
You would make a good politcian. Never answer a direct question.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-28-20, 05:55 PM   #126
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
As I have explained to Skybird on a number of occasions, it doesn't matter if Trump refuses to accept the outcome. If Biden is a clear winner or if the Supreme Court declares him to be the winner he will be President. And there is a long time to see how that goes. From Nov. 3 to Jan. 20.

Highly unlikely but even if they did it would not change anything. The power of the US Presidency isn't decided by who occupies a building. It comes from the Constitution.
Thank you u crank

I'm one of these type of people who believe the best in each and one of us..this is why I personally think Trump will stand in front of the press in the morning local time on Nov 4 and tell the press and his supporters.

I accept the outcome and welcome Biden to the White House. To my supporters and followers you have done a great job, but the time was against us.

Markus
Old 09-28-20, 09:34 PM   #127
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Quote:
The power of the US Presidency isn't decided by who occupies a building. It comes from the Constitution.

Well said. He won't listen but well said nonetheless.

Old 09-29-20, 05:58 AM   #128
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:

You just dont get it. You think a piece of patient paper with ink on it defines what will happen. Trump is not known for accepting realties he doe snto like. Ge paves the way to play foul sinc emonths. He has helped to chatoze the mail vote counting, so that he can create facts while democrats still count ballots. What he pans is not playing by the rulesl that you ut so much trust into - he plans to break the rules. And as long as he has so many minions willing to follow him on this athb as long as they see the chance to get away with it, his chances are very good that it will work. Trump works for hat the eleciton rsult just will not matter.

Get it, please. He is no follower of rules. he is a breaker of rules. Breakign the rules - IS POSSIBLE. Ameicna laws and consttrition are not made and have not forseen a phenomenon like Trump, they are very ill-prepared. thats why I say your blind faith is unfounded. Maybe Trump will be stopped. But he will not be stopped by him just obeying the rules. He will do what he can to play foul.

Its Mr. Harmless against Mr. Shameless. The Democrats made repeatedly the mistake to think they could tackle Trump by insdisting on some conosuions they drew from the existing rules - and they failed due to their corrut coutnerparts in the Republican party. Naivety is what I associate most with the Democrats.

Mitch OConnel aid he will help a clean transition. But that is the sam Mitch OConnel who made a certain demand on not calling a new judge to the Supreme Court in 2016 becasue the prsident was Obama, while now he has no problem with exactly the same thing becasue the president is a Republican, and it is the same Mitch OConnell who before and during the impeachment process said clearl yhe doe snto care for the truth and the guilt of Trump and for evidence no mater what it is, he will clean Trump no matter what. Such a ma's assurance son clean transitions in case of defeat mena nothing, he is neither honest nor noble, but is a viper with poisonous fangs and a split tongue. He will forget his latest words as lng as he sees chances for team Trump getting away with a coup. Like so many other Republicans as well.

Its not about playing by th erules. its about how to break them - and gettign away with it. This is what gives Trump very good chances, unfortunately. By playing foul. Preparing for that, he does since months now.

And you play wordgames with me...?!
Old 09-29-20, 06:32 AM   #129
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

if Trump is not declared the winner under the various mechanisms provided for under the U.S. Constitution, his mandate ends at noon on jan. 20, 2021.

simple as that.

everything else is just conspiracy theories.
Old 09-29-20, 06:55 AM   #130
Skybird
Soaring

Precisely.

I just think you have not gotten the implication from that. A link between votes and declaration of th ewinner - is not given. And thats what Trump aims at: delay the counting ofmail votes, hindering it at courts, and gets declared winner BEFORE the count is completed and the time limit is reached.

He delitimizes the vote already in advance, since months!

Guys, you really must put off your opportunistic naivety. Else you will get washed away by reality for the second time this year.

But maybe some people accept even dirty tricks if only it leaves their man in power. Because for some people the cause justifies every means.
Old 09-29-20, 07:01 AM   #131
u crank

Quote:
You just dont get it. You think a piece of patient paper with ink on it defines what will happen.
Quote:
And as long as he has so many minions willing to follow him on this athb as long as they see the chance to get away with it, his chances are very good that it will work. Trump works for hat the eleciton rsult just will not matter.
Yea I do get it. It isn't the paper and ink Skybird, it is the forces arrayed behind it. That is the part you seem clueless about. Who would go along with what you are suggesting? Mike Pence? Mike Pompeo? Anyone in Trump's cabinet? Name one person who has even remotely suggested such a thing. Name a single GOP Senator or Congressman who has. Your imagination is running wild.

Here's something else you should consider. Since Trump became President there have been two very well orchestrated attemps to remove him from office. What do you think these people will do? Applaud from the sidelines? Think about that for even a second.

Quote:
But that is the sam Mitch OConnel who made a certain demand on not calling a new judge to the Supreme Court in 2016 becasue the prsident was Obama, while now he has no problem with exactly the same thing becasue the president is a Republican
Wrong again. It is not the exact same thing. Look it up before saying stuff like this. When Obama tried to nominate Merrick Garland the Republicans controled the Senate. What part of that don't you understand? The party that has the majority in the Senate controls who will get to the Supreme Court. Why is that so hard to understand?

Quote:
Is that your best argument?

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-29-20, 08:29 AM   #132
Skybird
Soaring

Those will follow Trump'S dirty tricks who see a chance to get away with doing so. The craving for power is strong in these apprentices. Law and order - is just a slogan these days. And many abuse it to fit their own show. For the x-th time, u_crank: the system is not designed to deal with a phenomenon like Trump, he is somehtign that was unimaginable for the designers of the system. Unforseeable.Its like an immue system meeting a new virus for the first time: ther eis no immunity then. It must learn from scratch about this new virus. Just that maybe some epopel learn about this new potlicla virus - but they refuse to adapt to it to learn hwo to fight it. Its harmlessness versus shamelessness in the current confrontation.

If Trump can delay the countign of mail ballot slogn enough, no matter how, he can pose as practist and edclare himself winne rof th eeleciton earlyl cretaign facts that then form theitr own dynamic. thats how it is. And then he gets annoucned as president, and the system will not stop it. BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN BYPASSED.

Trump has the shamelessness and unscrupulousness to go this way to the maximum possible bitter end. I hope I am wrong, but I see him preparing to go this way for sure since month - I know the danger is real, therefore. Hopes are cheap, what I hope means nothing.
Old 09-29-20, 10:36 AM   #133
u crank

Quote:
Those will follow Trump'S dirty tricks who see a chance to get away with doing so. The craving for power is strong in these apprentices.
Who are these apprentices Skybird? Can you name even one of them?

Quote:
For the x-th time, u_crank: the system is not designed to deal with a phenomenon like Trump, he is somehtign that was unimaginable for the designers of the system.
Please explain exactly how the system will fail. Can you give any specific examples? Enough vague accusations. Tell us exactly how this will be done. If you can't then I suspect that you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:
If Trump can delay the countign of mail ballot slogn enough, no matter how, he can pose as practist and edclare himself winne rof th eeleciton earlyl cretaign facts that then form theitr own dynamic. thats how it is. And then he gets annoucned as president, and the system will not stop it. BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN BYPASSED.
Where do you come up with this stuff? The President does not control the elections in America. Did you know that? All elections, federal, state, and local, are administered by the individual states. The President is not involved. Nor does he have any authority to get involved. So again for the x-th time explain how he could do this. Give us some actual facts instead of your conspiracy theories. Do you think Trump is some kind of magician? Can he stop time and make objects disappear? Please explain exactly how your nightmare will come true.

― Arthur C. Clarke

Old 09-29-20, 10:57 AM   #134
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
You just dont get it. You think a piece of patient paper with ink on it defines what will happen. Trump is not known for accepting realties he doe snto like. Ge paves the way to play foul sinc emonths. He has helped to chatoze the mail vote counting, so that he can create facts while democrats still count ballots. What he pans is not playing by the rulesl that you ut so much trust into - he plans to break the rules. And as long as he has so many minions willing to follow him on this athb as long as they see the chance to get away with it, his chances are very good that it will work. Trump works for hat the eleciton rsult just will not matter

Get it, please. He is no follower of rules. he is a breaker of rules. Breakign the rules - IS POSSIBLE. Ameicna laws and consttrition are not made and have not forseen a phenomenon like Trump, teir corrut coutnerparts in the Republican party. Naivety is what I associate most with the Democrats.

Mitch OConnel aid he will help a clean transition. But that is the sam Mitch OConnel who made a certain demand on not calling a new judge to the Supreme Court in 2016 becasue the prsident was Obama, while now he has no problem with exactly the same thing becasue the president is a Republican, and it is the same Mitch OConnell who before and during the impeachment process said clearl yhe doe snto care for the truth and the guilt of Trump and for evidence no mater what it is, he will clean Trump no matter what. Such a ma's assurance son clean transitions in case of defeat mena nothing, he is neither hones

Its not about playing by th erules. its about how to break them - and gettign away with it. This is what gives Trump very good chances, unfortunately. By playing foul. Preparing for that, he does since

I think you are overreacting a lot as well as confusing Trump's casual manner of upsetting the norms and conventions with being a malicious, evil despot. My recommendation: cut back on the MSM news sources, all you think you know is not all there is.
Old 09-29-20, 11:34 AM   #135
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Tens of millions of US voters will tune in for the first of three presidential debates tonight which could prove to be quite entertaining.

The six topics to be debated are: Trump and Biden's records, the Supreme Court, Coronavirus pandemic, race protests and violence in cities, election integrity and the economy.

Personally speaking, I think Biden may well be more at risk here than Trump.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online  
Closed Thread