SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-11, 03:53 AM   #346
The Enigma
Seer of visions

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
*Meanwhile The Enigma has opened his 4th bottle of beer.
He starts to feel melancholic and his thoughts were with his beloved wife*

Hildegard, Hildegard. Werden wir uns jemals wiedersehen?
Wie ist es zu hause? (Hildegard, Hildegard. Will we ever meet again? How are things at home?)

*He opens his wallet and pulls out a picture....*

Last edited by The Enigma; 06-26-11 at 04:11 AM.
Old 06-26-11, 04:21 AM   #347
Tinman764
Chief

Downloads: 177

In the command room are maps, lots of maps. Tinman looked over them quickly before stuffing them into his pockets. "Odd, I thought Herr Nisgeis had already inspected the boat - why would he have left these?"
There were log books next to the maps, Tinman opened one and begin to read.

"Day 105.
The forward pumps are no longer serviceable. The forward torpedo room is taking on water and as many people as possible have been moved to the aft section to try and balance the boat.
After council with the Sub-lieutenant, the decision has been made to attempt to save the crew by surfacing and making for land. The boat will be scuttled once the crew is safely ashore. I don't mind saying that I will be having a bloody stern chat with those fellows in SOE once we are rescued!"

Tinman looked up from the book, "SOE? Who are they?
Herr Nisgeis will want to see this and I have run out of spare pockets. I should have brought a sack!" Tinman cursed his lack of preparation. "I should go back to the castle and get some sleep."

*Climbs out of the submarine and heads back to the castle and to the dorms to sleep*
Old 06-26-11, 04:23 AM   #348
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Nisgeis walks into the interrogation cell and sits down opposite the American war correspondent.

“You look sad Herr Takeda Shingen. Is something troubling you? Ah, but of course you are imprisioned in a fortified camp, with desolate surroundings in a foreign land, with a foreign crew you hardly know, with no hope of escape. How silly of me to forget such a detail.”

“Cigarette?” he said as he offered an open packet to the reporter. “They are American.” He smiled "A taste of home."

“I suppose you’d expected a different outcome from your jaunt in that little boat? You only wanted a tale to tell, that would enthral the reader. Perhaps gain some prestigious writing award?”

Nisgeis drummed his finger on the table for several moments. “Why yes! Perhaps I can help you after all. What better story for your readers than an exciting sea battle, followed by capture and then… escape!”

“We can transport you for ‘special interrogation’. The plane would take a flight path that would follow the border. Perhaps it would develop engine trouble and be forced to land at, let us say, a small field barely a mile from the border, with barely any facilities – certainly no brig or secure facilities of any kind. The pilot would request the guard’s help to fix the engine, so he would be distracted. Perhaps then a messenger arrives to deliver a message and carelessly leaves his motorcycle with the engine running – what a chance to escape that would be. Your guard would of course fire at you, but would be disappointed to find that the ammunition he had been issued with had defective powder.”

“Events such as this have happened before and I’m sure will happen again. All I need from you, is to, as you say ‘use your nose’. Find out all you can and report back to me. I wish to find the creature that attacked our man Bakkels. The creature has nothing to fear from me, I only wish to learn from it. Report anything you find to me and I will see to it you return to your country a hero.”
Old 06-26-11, 04:31 AM   #349
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5
::::returns to his bunk unseen by either the Jerries, or even perhaps his own crew:::

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Last edited by Pioneer; 06-26-11 at 06:39 AM.
Old 06-26-11, 05:22 AM   #350
The Enigma
Seer of visions

*After cleaning up the empty bottles, The Enigma goes to his bed.
On his way upstairs he passes a window and cannot resist to look outside.
It's dark, no moon, no lights, nothing to see.
Suddenly there is a faint sound of a howling dog.*

A dog??? That's impossible, Harras doesn't howl like that, but what else could it be?

*Looking afraid, The Enigma returns quickly to the dorm.*

Last edited by The Enigma; 06-26-11 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-26-11, 06:33 AM   #351
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19

Takeda sits in his dungeon cell, contemplating the words of Nisgeis. He wants to go home; wanting this more than anything. Still, there is no way that the Germans would follow through. No, his best chances still lie with the Brits. After all, the murderer has been dealt with, hasn't he? Yes, yes he had been. All would be right now........
Old 06-26-11, 06:34 AM   #352
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

*Oberon brings out two large sacks into the middle of the POW camp. Everyone glares at him, then he empties them, tins of bully beef and biscuits fall out onto the ground.*

"Here...provisions. Gute nacht all. Now that the murderer has been brought to justice there will be order and calm. Sleep well."

*He leaves, and then calls by the kennel, Harras is slinking in the corner, his tail between his legs.*

"Harras? Was ist los? Come boy..."

*Harras slinks over to Oberon and stays by his legs, terrified of something.*
Old 06-26-11, 07:51 AM   #353
The Enigma
Seer of visions

*the beer takes his toll*
Verdammt, jetzt muss ich wieder aufs Klo (damned, now I have to go to the loo again).
Must be the beer.

*rises out of his warm bed*

There it is again, that howling sound, like from a wolf!!!
Fürchterlich (yuk).

And there are no wolfs on this cursed island.
I need to report this tomorrow morning.
Let me first relieve myself before....

*The Enigma, half awake, goes to the privy to get rid of the beer*

Whoeoehoeeeee, Whoeoehoeeeee

MOTHERRR!!!!

Christ, Enigma keep it together, that's just an owl.

Old 06-26-11, 08:50 AM   #354
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Jimbuna lay on a bunk, his head still throbbing from the rifle butt altication the other day.

He was mulling over in his mind the series of events that had taken place during his time strapped to the infirmary table as passed onto him by his fellow crewmates...'Two of our crew dead, one torn to shreds and the other summarily executed without any tangible proof to justify such treatment...something just isn't right about this, it's almost surreal but it has happened nonetheless'

Suddenly he started as he heard a howl from what he believed to be a wild dog or a wolf even in the distance..."What in Gods name is out there"?

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Old 06-26-11, 09:03 AM   #355
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

*stands in the doorpost of the cell*

It'll make a good book too you know...I'm sure it'll sell big back home, so think well and help our friend Nisgeis. He's not so bad once you get to know him, ofcourse I'm talking when you get to know his good side....you don't want to get on his other side it won't be pretty.

Anyway tommorow moring you'll be returnd to your English comrades...though I wonder how you can stomach them...they don't seemed to be that fond of you...I should start getting worried. Because imagine that we just executed the wrong guy....*evil chuckle* now that would both be unfortunate and hilarious at the same time especially as some of you even ratted him out...now let's say there'll be another victim...I'm sure sooner or later they'll start pointing fingers to you.

should we then oblige and have you shot next?

or are you going to play smart and do my friend Nisgeis a favour and give him the information he needs.

anyway *looks at the time* I think you have plenty of time to think about that...now Nisgeis if you'll follow me we'll leave the American with his thoughts alone.
Old 06-26-11, 09:21 AM   #356
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Through the night, eerie animal cries can be plainly heard. A howling, a full-throated howling.

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 06-26-11 at 10:43 AM. Reason: compound typo
Old 06-26-11, 10:35 AM   #357
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Day begins

Dawn, and the alarm goes out.

The British run pell-mell from the bunkhouse to stare through the fence at the castle. "What's Jerry on about now?" asked Sailor Lord Justice.

"No idea," replied Petty Officer Jumbuna. "But those Krauts better not have shot our Yank. He owes me 10 quid."

Inside Castle Collinswood, Oberfeldwebel Ducimus ran into Oberst HunterICX's bed chamber. "Sir! Come quickly, you need to see this!"

HunterICX threw off the leather coverlet and hopped one-legged, pulling on his boots. "Mein gott, not again."

He ran down the stairs, following Ducimus. At the foot of the chapel was a mass of bloody flesh. A pale and visibly shaken Gefreiter August stood stood, steadying a trembling Schuetze AVGWarhawk.

HunterICX pulled up, a look of horror on his face. "Who was this man?" he asked.

Hauptmann Rear turned, "Who were these men..." He swallowed. "Sir, I've managed to find their ID tags. Our garrison is in a very bad way, we are down three men:
Gefreiter Tinman764
Schuetze Oberon
Schuetze the_tyrant

Obert Hunter choked back a cry. This was bad, this was very, very bad.
Old 06-26-11, 10:41 AM   #358
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Making his hourly rounds of the guard posts Corporal August pauses along the castle parapet above the dormitory and looks out toward the POW cage. The bright moon light glinted off the helmets of the sentries as they marched along the fence.

Suddenly in the distance he could hear the mournful howl of a wolf and the sentries all stopped in their tracks. Their Alsatians, normally straining at their leashes, instead huddled against their legs, whimpering and whining, with tails tucked between their legs. Only for a moment though, before German discipline reasserted itself and both beast and master continued on their patrol.

August shuddered. Whether it was from the icy winds blowing off the sea or from half remembered childhood nightmares, he could not, or would not, say but he turned up the collar of his Great Coat and continued his rounds, wondering what the daylight would bring.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
Old 06-26-11, 10:42 AM   #359
Rear
Helmsman

Downloads: 21

"Mein Gott! It looks like their weapons were useless against whatever the British attacked them with. I told you we should have sealed the North Tower breach, mein Oberst!"

Old 06-26-11, 10:42 AM   #360
Tarrasque
Lieutenant

Downloads: 44

*rather tiredly slips back into the POW camp. It's been a long and semi-fruitless night with only one good point.*

"How the hell didn't the nazis find that bottle of rum?"
Closed Thread