SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-22-22, 09:47 PM   #1
Mouse
Watch

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
wolf_howl15 Weird Damage

is anyone else having issues where you are twiddling along just fine and suddenly you have 100 hull damage? I've had it a few times, a few after getting pummeled and getting away. A couple times after the same, but on the surface...once I was underwater never was attacked and it just started going up by increments of 10, even after I surfaced, and just now I was on the surface, nothing in sight or on radar and suddenly a flood of damage messages and 100 hull...

This has happened with time compression or without it.

Lt. Commander Sai'ee U.S.S. Seawolf (SS-196) restarting again....
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 05:46 AM   #2
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
is anyone else having issues where you are twiddling along just fine and suddenly you have 100 hull damage? I've had it a few times, a few after getting pummeled and getting away. A couple times after the same, but on the surface...once I was underwater never was attacked and it just started going up by increments of 10, even after I surfaced, and just now I was on the surface, nothing in sight or on radar and suddenly a flood of damage messages and 100 hull...

Need date/time/ location....version of game/Mods...Stock, FOTRS, TMO etc
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 11:22 AM   #3
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Need date/time/ location....version of game/Mods...Stock, FOTRS, TMO etc
Bubblehead +1

Where is SH4 installed, is it patched with 4GB patch, are you using large address aware on the .exe for it, got a bearded voodoo witch throwing spells at it to bypass having CTD's... (Ok, last bit, was My weird sense of humor there... Back, Guido... back I say... *cracks whip at Guido*) helps as well

The more info provided... the better.!

M. M.
Old 07-23-22, 11:24 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

radar Re: Welcome aboard...

Mouse, by the way.!
Old 07-23-22, 12:36 PM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Quote:

Mouse! the same time compression glitch occurs in SHV which I play unmodified...

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-22, 12:53 PM   #6
Mouse
Watch

wolf_howl15

I apologize for lack of details other than the damage details as brain did not engage *headdesk* I definitely need coffee.

Version is SH4 Gold v1.5, it is a stock install from Ubisoft's Windows Interface (Ubisoft Connect). With no mods installed.

Currently is installed on one of my game drives,a 1 TB M2 drive, not the drive my OS is on.

I admit my thought process was not to look for any patch since Ubisoft has an option that you can enable to keep the game up to date.

As for dates and times... ingame all have been before Feb 1942 between East China Sea, Luzon Straits, and down towards Surabaya, and at random times. Was in a Sargo class sub. It had happened multiple times so don't remember the exact times and such.

And just noticed an error on my post as I was off a number and posted the SS designation of the Searaven which was my original sub, and not my current which is SS-197.
Old 07-23-22, 12:58 PM   #7
Mouse
Watch

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Mouse! the same time compression glitch occurs in SHV which I play unmodified...
I got SHV as well, but have not started it yet. Does the glitch have it sometimes stay in tc even when you've turned it off? I noticed that while playing last night and tried to look through my scope and everything was bouncing like corks in a tub. Had to pause the game then bring it to 1 before it fixed.
Old 07-23-22, 01:57 PM   #8
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
I apologize for lack of details other than the damage details as brain did not engage *headdesk* I definitely need coffee.

Version is SH4 Gold v1.5, it is a stock install from Ubisoft's Windows Interface (Ubisoft Connect). With no mods installed.

Currently is installed on one of my game drives, a 1 TB M2 drive, not the drive my OS is on.

I admit my thought process was not to look for any patch since Ubisoft has an option that you can enable to keep the game up to date.

As for dates and times... in game all have been before Feb 1942 between East China Sea, Luzon Straits, and down towards Surabaya, and at random times. Was in a Sargo class sub. It had happened multiple times so don't remember the exact times and such.

And just noticed an error on my post as I was off a number and posted the SS designation of the Searaven which was my original sub, and not my current which is SS-197.

Quote:
I got SHV as well but have not started it yet. Does the glitch have it sometimes stay in tc even when you've turned it off? I noticed that while playing last night and tried to look through my scope and everything was bouncing like corks in a tub. Had to pause the game then bring it to 1 before it fixed.

Mouse...

Ok, to begin with... good call... on NOT following the normal 'default' install trainwreck location, to do that step.

Has been some time, since I've... rolled out with SH4 stock.

As far as patching to update or keep it up to date, is a moot point there... owing to the fact... that is to take & bring the original release of SH4, which was... v1.3/1.4 named Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific, up to Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5, or as Ubi has it tagged, "Gold Edition".

So... no patching or updating required... unless you have 1 of the early releases of it, to begin with. In that instance, if able to do so... then would be easier, to just pay for & grab SH4 v1.5 & replace the older copy, out right.

Just, My own personal observation/opinion there...

In your case, NOT needed... as you have v1.5 "Gold", from Ubi.

Now...

as to your, finding your sub, all of a sudden going from A J squared away, in perfect condition to... crew screaming in fear & for a meedddiiiicccc.!, all those nasty damage reports flooding in, just as bad as holes in your boat...

could be a couple of things... namely, it is possibly conceivable, you hit a mine... or, could have had a IJN aircraft drop down on you like a Falcon... & delivered a bomb or a couple of depth charges on to your sub... gonna say, I seriously doubt it was a ship... though, if you were near any small spit of land isles.... it is possible to have taken pot shot hits from a land-based gun emplacement... with Superman, manning the triggers & controls to it.

That, above... coupled with your stating, findings of... changing views, of still remaining in high TC.... could well account for it.

Can't recall of any times I've experienced a remaining in high TC mode, when going from say... the control room, to... the bridge... but... it isn't outside of the realm of possibility, either.

If, I recall rightly... with Ubi (formerly Uplay) Connect... in the library section, it is doable... to have it to check the 'integrity' of the game install... & might be advisable... to run a verify game files run on the install... just to make sure everything, got installed... rightly, as it should.

Is rare, but... screw ups, can occur when downloading files & such... & that of course, includes games, as well.

I'd think, that running that integrity scan, should NOT impact the 'game saves folder'... but... as a precaution... might consider, wiping it out & starting fresh... just prior to running SH4 again, after doing that integrity test...

just to be safe.

Hope this helps...

Fair winds, smooth seas, &.... Good huntin', skipper.

M. M.
Old 07-25-22, 04:43 PM   #9
Mouse
Watch

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Mouse...

Ok, to begin with... good call... on NOT following the normal 'default' install trainwreck location, to do that step.

Has been some time, since I've... rolled out with SH4 stock.

As far as patching to update or keep it up to date, is a moot point there... owing to the fact... that is to take & bring the original release of SH4, which was... v1.3/1.4 named Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific, up to Silent Hunter IV: Wolves of the Pacific: Uboat Missions v1.5, or as Ubi has it tagged, "Gold Edition".

So... no patching or updating required... unless you have 1 of the early releases of it, to begin with. In that instance, if able to do so... then would be easier, to just pay for & grab SH4 v1.5 & replace the older copy, out right.

Just, My own personal observation/opinion there...

In your case, NOT needed... as you have v1.5 "Gold", from Ubi.

Now...

as to your, finding your sub, all of a sudden going from A J squared away, in perfect condition to... crew screaming in fear & for a meedddiiiicccc.!, all those nasty damage reports flooding in, just as bad as holes in your boat...

could be a couple of things... namely, it is possibly conceivable, you hit a mine... or, could have had a IJN aircraft drop down on you like a Falcon... & delivered a bomb or a couple of depth charges on to your sub... gonna say, I seriously doubt it was a ship... though, if you were near any small spit of land isles.... it is possible to have taken pot shot hits from a land-based gun emplacement... with Superman, manning the triggers & controls to it.

That, above... coupled with your stating, findings of... changing views, of still remaining in high TC.... could well account for it.

Can't recall of any times I've experienced a remaining in high TC mode, when going from say... the control room, to... the bridge... but... it isn't outside of the realm of possibility, either.

If, I recall rightly... with Ubi (formerly Uplay) Connect... in the library section, it is doable... to have it to check the 'integrity' of the game install... & might be advisable... to run a verify game files run on the install... just to make sure everything, got installed... rightly, as it should.

Is rare, but... screw ups, can occur when downloading files & such... & that of course, includes games, as well.

I'd think, that running that integrity scan, should NOT impact the 'game saves folder'... but... as a precaution... might consider, wiping it out & starting fresh... just prior to running SH4 again, after doing that integrity test...

just to be safe.

Hope this helps...

Fair winds, smooth seas, &.... Good huntin', skipper.

M. M.
Usually My TC will go to 1 if SD Radar picks up anything so not sure there but quite possible. I had not thought about mines and admit I am not sure how many of those times I was close enough to shore for shore batteries to open up on me. I admit I was astounded at how many aircraft were flying around in stock, I installed TMO and that has cut down on constant SD radar while making things more interesting. I have taken to saving when I get a contact, it during the engagement I die then that is on me and I start over, if it goes 100 without even a boom of a depth charge or anything...I reset. I also periodically save when just cruising. If I see signs of an attack or a boom I let it happen, but if nothing then and no "We're under attack Sir" beforehand. I reset.

I did have an aircraft cause that as I came up and he was right above me and before i could get back down he laid a pattern right atop me... so restarted again.