Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 11-12-07, 03:59 PM   #1
Tikigod
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Default Custom Interface Music for Falcon 4.0 Allied Force

Want to add your own music to the Allied Force user interface? Such as the Top Gun Soundtrack?

Here is how to do it:

In this example we will be making 2 custom songs. One will play for the main interface screen (when you enter game) and one will play during the campaign menu screen (when you are planning a mission, selecting loadout, viewing targets, assigning waypoints, etc) I usually like to use a softer soundtrack for the campaign screen since this is when you are talking to others in multiplayer. (see example lists below)

First you will need to find mp3 music you like and convert it to wav format. For this I use Jet Audio which is a free mp3 player and mp3 to wav/ogg converter. You can download it here: www.jetaudio.com

Falcon Allied Force uses 22 Khz stereo as the sampling speed. If you do not set the wav format to 22Khz it will sound either too fast or too slow once it is played in game.

Once you convert your mp3's to wav format you will need to name them ui2.wav and ui3.wav. We will be using the ui2.wav for the main menu screen and then the ui3.wav for the campaign screen.

Once you have picked out the 2 songs you want to have for each of these screens convert them to wav and drop them into the following directory (manually or by setting up JSGME folders):

...\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\music

your music folder should now contain:
.cvsignore
news.wav
taps.wav
ui1.wav (original interface music file)
ui2.wav (your new main menu song)
ui3.wav (your new campaign menu song)

Now we will be editing your soundrc.irc file. Go to the following directory (or create the folders for your JSGME mod):

...\Program Files\Lead Pursuit\Battlefield Operations\art\main

Drag and Drop the soundrc.irc file into any text editor (notepad, etc.)

Change the code you see in the soundrc.irc from:

Quote:
[LOADSOUND] A_A_USED "art\resource\IA_AA.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
[LOADSOUND] A_G_USED "art\resource\IA_AG.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL

[LOADRESOURCE] SOUND_RES "art\resource\soundfx"
#[LOADSTREAMRES] MUSIC_RES "art\resource\music"
[STREAMSOUND] SND_TAPS "music\taps.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
[STREAMSOUND] SND_TAKEOFF "music\takeoff.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
[STREAMSOUND] SND_AMBIENT1 "music\ui1.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_AMBIENT1 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_AMBIENT2 "music\ui1.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_AMBIENT2 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_CAMPAIGN_GOOD "music\ui1.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_CAMPAIGN_GOOD 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_CAMPAIGN_MEDIUM "music\ui1.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_CAMPAIGN_MEDIUM 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_CAMPAIGN_BAD "music\ui1.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_CAMPAIGN_BAD 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_NEWS_REPORT "music\news.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
to:

Quote:
[LOADSOUND] A_A_USED "art\resource\IA_AA.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
[LOADSOUND] A_G_USED "art\resource\IA_AG.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL

[LOADRESOURCE] SOUND_RES "art\resource\soundfx"
#[LOADSTREAMRES] MUSIC_RES "art\resource\music"
[STREAMSOUND] SND_TAPS "music\taps.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
[STREAMSOUND] SND_TAKEOFF "music\takeoff.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
[STREAMSOUND] SND_AMBIENT1 "music\ui2.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_AMBIENT1 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_AMBIENT2 "music\ui2.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_AMBIENT2 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_CAMPAIGN_GOOD "music\ui3.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_CAMPAIGN_GOOD 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_CAMPAIGN_MEDIUM "music\ui3.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_CAMPAIGN_MEDIUM 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_CAMPAIGN_BAD "music\ui3.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL S_BIT_FADE_IN S_BIT_FADE_OUT S_BIT_LOOP
[LOOPCOUNT] SND_CAMPAIGN_BAD 25000
[STREAMSOUND] SND_NEWS_REPORT "music\news.wav" S_BIT_NORMAL
...then save the file. (you do not need to do this if you use the JSGME template I provided in the download link below)

This will disable your ui1.wav sound file (default Allied Force music) and replace the main menu with ui2.wav and the campaign menu with ui3.wav.

You can now swap whatever music you want for ui2.wav and ui3.wav. I use JSGME to pop whatever pair of songs that I want in and out of game as ui2.wav and ui3.wav. (or to switch back to the default Falcon Music still in directory)

My music selections I have for now are:

Falcon Top Gun Theme
Main Screen (ui2.wav): Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
Campaign Map Screen (ui3.wav): Top Gun Anthem - Harold Faltermeyer & Steve Stevens

Falcon Dance Theme
Main Screen (ui2.wav): Ready Steady Go - Paul Oakenfold
Campaign Map Screen (ui3.wav): Madonna - Die Another Day

Falcon Alternate Music Theme (Download Here: http://www.shademusicstudios.com/music.html )
Main Screen (ui2.wav): 214th Falcon Main Theme
Campaign Screen (ui3.wav): 214th Falcon Campaign Theme

Video of 214th Falcon Campaign Theme:

JSGME Alternate Music Theme Template (using free music available at above link):
http://files.filefront.com/Alternate+Interface+Musicrar/;9029042;/fileinfo.html

Last edited by Tikigod; 11-12-07 at 06:32 PM.
Tikigod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 05:00 PM   #2
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0

Should add Jailhouse Rock to it too...

I got court marshalled for dereliction of duty on Falcon AF yesterday after flying a campaign mission online with my buddy. We hit the target with Durandals on ripple fire spaced 999 feet apart, me doing the left runway while my buddy did the other one running in from the opposite direction, to split the AA fire. It was cool, like an airshow, we passed by one another right in the middle, good job those babies have a delay parachute. Then I turned around and did a hangar with retarded Mark 82s, as my buddy nursed his damaged F-16 back, just shows that you can get lucky, I made two passes and never got a scratch, he made one and lost the flight control system and some other stuff, but he landed it back at base okay despite having to fight a constant roll to the left, actually it was a great landing, a real 'greaser'. With no damage, I made it back okay too - with just 200lbs of fuel left at touchdown LOL. It rated my performance as good, and my buddy's as excellent, so I don't know why they court marshalled me, unless it was for jettisoning the AMRAAMs on the way back to get better fuel consumption.

Chock
Old 12-15-07, 06:43 PM   #3
Steel_Tomb
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Lol unlucky Chock, I think if you hit any friendly aircraft with weapons you get cortmarshalled...did he say anything like "You'll pay for that" or "Hey watch it!" when he was damaged? If not I'm confused as thats the only reason why you should get court marshalled...or did you mistake an friendly aircraft for an enemy? I've done that before, fired a mad dog, an F-16 flew from the 6-9 line across the slammers field of view and got locked by it...the rest, as they say is history!

System Spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz | 4Gb Corsair XMS2 Dominator DDR2 PC-2 6400 RAM |
XFX GeForce 8800GTS 640mb PCI-E | Creative X-fi sound card | 250Gb HDD |

Rest In Peace Dave, you will be missed.
Steel_Tomb is offline   Reply With Quote