SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-19-20, 11:09 AM   #16
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Thanx Anvar1061 for the help.
Old 01-20-20, 06:18 AM   #17
Eastwa
Torpedoman

Downloads: 124

I have made the adjustments as well and it works great but have you noticed you can only refuel once, I did an experiment and went to 3 different supply ships in the same patrol and it only let you dock and resupply the first time, did this happen with you as well ?
Eastwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 09:38 AM   #18
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Default RE: Eastwa

Eastwa, no I haven't tried resupplying more then once in my patrol. I read in S.hie Patch's readme that … "After having (pseudo-)docked at an U-Tanker, you can (pseudo-)dock again after 2 weeks." I assume this also is the same for the surface resupply ships too.
Doolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-20, 05:16 AM   #19
Eastwa
Torpedoman

Downloads: 124

Ah thanks I think mine were all within that time period as I raced from one to another, I'll see how it goes when I start a proper career!!
Eastwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 12:46 AM   #20
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO Re: Changing "brake" to "u-brake"...

Ok...

I would like to pseudo-dock at these surface tankers, but I'm not sure of
changing from brake to u-brake is exactly...

Does this mean renaming the following:

The "Maxx Albrecht"
The "Bessel"
The "Thalia"
The "Corrientes"
The "Charlotte Schliemann"
The "Brake"
The "Python"

To the following:

The "U-Maxx Albrecht"
The U-Bessel:
The U-Thalia"
The U-Corrientes"
The U-Charlotte Schliemann"
The U-Brake"
The U-Python"

I know where to find them at: \data\Campaigns\Campaign\Campaign_SCR

I just need to know if this is what I need to do, to be able to "pseudo-dock at these surface tankers, just like the U-Tankers".

Thanks...
Old 05-01-20, 03:26 AM   #21
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
I just need to know if this is what I need to do, to be able to "pseudo-dock at these surface tankers, just like the U-Tankers".
That's exactly how I've done it. Just copied that file and made the revised one a separate mod. However I can't honestly remember if I ever used it. Like 50% sure I may have tested it successfully once. But that's all there is in the instructions. Should work.
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 03:47 AM   #22
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by stork100 View Post
That's exactly how I've done it. Just copied that file and made the revised one a separate mod. However I can't honestly remember if I ever used it. Like 50% sure I may have tested it successfully once. But that's all there is in the instructions. Should work.
Ok, I'll see of making a copy of the /Campaign_SCR file, make modifications to it to reflect those changes to them & after finalizing that, put it in a folder. Drop that folder, into the mods folder for jsgme then activate it... which if I understood that correctly, should activate being able to ''puesdo-dock'' at resupply ships just like at the milch cow subs.

Old 05-01-20, 08:11 AM   #23
stork100
Weps

Quote:
Ok, I'll see of making a copy of the /Campaign_SCR file, make modifications to it to reflect those changes to them & after finalizing that, put it in a folder. Drop that folder, into the mods folder for jsgme then activate it... which if I understood that correctly, should activate being able to ''puesdo-dock'' at resupply ships just like at the milch cow subs.

Yes and to confirm, I just ran a test and it works perfectly well.
Old 05-01-20, 01:14 PM   #24
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Ok, got a copy set to desktop of: " \data\Campaigns\Campaign\Campaign_SCR ", so as I could operate on it, and have run into a snag...

Going to do editing of it, by using the 'find...' option under edit menu, after opening the file up... and then looking for each of these ships:

The "Maxx Albrecht"
The "Bessel"
The "Thalia"
The "Corrientes"
The "Brake"
The "Python"

and then changing them to the following:

The "U-Maxx Albrecht"
The U-Bessel:
The U-Thalia"
The U-Corrientes"
The U-Brake"
The U-Python"

am experiencing... no joy

I found the 'Max Albrecht', no problems there... but all the rest...

a big bupkiss...nada... non... zip...

Know that the original Op, used GWX3, but for me.. I find using LSH3, more... enjoyable & it is the one I am using & am trying to rectify not being able to have resupply ships to act as milch cows in regards to ability to pusedo-dock.

Have the bug fix ran for the u boat milch cows to be able to pusedo-dock, now am just trying to see of the surface resupply ships straightened out now.. an then this.

Have tried to find out what the exact listing of surface resupply ship names are, and drawing a big fat goose egg...

Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction to them, will be GREATLY appreciated... thanks.

Old 05-01-20, 08:10 PM   #25
stork100
Weps

Afraid I can't be much more help then as I've no experience with LSH3. Hopefully someone can provide the full list of resupply vessels included with the mod.
Old 05-02-20, 03:11 AM   #26
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Ok, got a copy set to desktop of: " \data\Campaigns\Campaign\Campaign_SCR ", so as I could operate on it, and have run into a snag...

Going to do editing of it, by using the 'find...' option under edit menu, after opening the file up... and then looking for each of these ships:

The "Maxx Albrecht"
The "Bessel"
The "Thalia"
The "Corrientes"
The "Brake"
The "Python"

and then changing them to the following:

The "U-Maxx Albrecht"
The U-Bessel:
The U-Thalia"
The U-Corrientes"
The U-Brake"
The U-Python"

am experiencing... no joy

I found the 'Max Albrecht', no problems there... but all the rest...

a big bupkiss...nada... non... zip...

Know that the original Op, used GWX3, but for me.. I find using LSH3, more... enjoyable & it is the one I am using & am trying to rectify not being able to have resupply ships to act as milch cows in regards to ability to pusedo-dock.

Have the bug fix ran for the u boat milch cows to be able to pusedo-dock, now am just trying to see of the surface resupply ships straightened out now.. an then this.

Have tried to find out what the exact listing of surface resupply ship names are, and drawing a big fat goose egg...

Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction to them, will be GREATLY appreciated... thanks.

I've no experience with LSH, but any and all supply ships and u-boats will be listed in the en_help.txt file found at the data\menu path.
Even easier, use the F1 key in game to see the same info.

Regarding docking at them, it should be no different than if you dock at a u-boat; same supplies, same one day advance, etc. If you're using H.sie's fix.
Old 05-02-20, 05:34 PM   #27
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Default Re: Changing "brake" to "u-brake"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
I've no experience with LSH, but any and all supply ships and u-boats will be listed in the en_help.txt file found at the data\menu path.
Even easier, use the F1 key in game to see the same info.

Regarding docking at them, it should be no different than if you dock at a u-boat; same supplies, same one day advance, etc. If you're using H.sie's fix.
With regards to doing the ol' F1 key, with LSH3, doing so.. does not list anything about what uboats or surface resupply ships, are supposed to be available on such & such x date...

However, I shall see of looking up the en_help.txt file & see if it does indeed hold a list of the subs & surface ships assigned to handle resupply. Thank you for giving me a place to look, that I didn't think of or consider.

As for the surfaace ships with the fix, it states that you have to manually change them so that they read as like being the subs, but still being a surface ship.

From the section provided by h.sie on the u-tanker fix, pertanant part made red to point them out & slightly enlarged, so as to stand out from the rest of the section...

"This is from the LSH3-2015 HSIE manual

12. U-Tanker Mod (LSH)
Everyone complains that, when you dock at a U-tanker in mid-ocean, you lose all your current renown/tonnage for medal purposes, you get a full refuelling, full repairs, full torpedo load-out and you lose the patrol grid which BdU ordered. And then you start again from the tanker a month after you docked! (unless using SH3Patrol or SH3Commander). No longer! Now you 'pseudo-dock' at the U-tanker. When you are close enough, you press ESCAPE, then 'Exit Patrol', just as if you were planning to dock. However... when you are asked 'Continue mission' or 'Dock at U-463' (for example), you click on 'Continue Mission'!!! *Now* you get 1-4 air torpedoes (loaded only into the first 4 slots of the fore internal reserve - so make sure there is space enough!), you retain the patrol grid details, you receive some repairs to your hull-integrity (but not to equipment) and you receive a fuel upgrade, of up to 30% of the full capacity. Unlike conventional docking at a base, pseudo-docking is only possible if there is no 'heavy fog' and wind speed must be 10 m/s or less. After having (pseudo-)docked at an U-Tanker, you can (pseudo-)dock again after 2 weeks. Also, you can only pseudo-dock at U-tankers, not at surface tankers (e.g. Brake), nor at land bases. You can still choose to dock in the old way, if you wish. If you want this mod to also work with surface tankers, these must be renamed e.g. from "Brake" into "U-Brake" in the campaign files. (Fix by Stiebler and h.sie)

In short, from what I have gleaned means that the ''U-" needs added to the surface resupply ship names so as to facilitate making them act like the resupply uboats, yet retain their appearance as surface ships.
Old 05-02-20, 06:23 PM   #28
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
With regards to doing the ol' F1 key, with LSH3, doing so.. does not list anything about what uboats or surface resupply ships, are supposed to be available on such & such x date...

However, I shall see of looking up the en_help.txt file & see if it does indeed hold a list of the subs & surface ships assigned to handle resupply. Thank you for giving me a place to look, that I didn't think of or consider.

As for the surfaace ships with the fix, it states that you have to manually change them so that they read as like being the subs, but still being a surface ship.

From the section provided by h.sie on the u-tanker fix, pertanant part made red to point them out & slightly enlarged, so as to stand out from the rest of the section...

"This is from the LSH3-2015 HSIE manual

12. U-Tanker Mod (LSH)
Everyone complains that, when you dock at a U-tanker in mid-ocean, you lose all your current renown/tonnage for medal purposes, you get a full refuelling, full repairs, full torpedo load-out and you lose the patrol grid which BdU ordered. And then you start again from the tanker a month after you docked! (unless using SH3Patrol or SH3Commander). No longer! Now you 'pseudo-dock' at the U-tanker. When you are close enough, you press ESCAPE, then 'Exit Patrol', just as if you were planning to dock. However... when you are asked 'Continue mission' or 'Dock at U-463' (for example), you click on 'Continue Mission'!!! *Now* you get 1-4 air torpedoes (loaded only into the first 4 slots of the fore internal reserve - so make sure there is space enough!), you retain the patrol grid details, you receive some repairs to your hull-integrity (but not to equipment) and you receive a fuel upgrade, of up to 30% of the full capacity. Unlike conventional docking at a base, pseudo-docking is only possible if there is no 'heavy fog' and wind speed must be 10 m/s or less. After having (pseudo-)docked at an U-Tanker, you can (pseudo-)dock again after 2 weeks. Also, you can only pseudo-dock at U-tankers, not at surface tankers (e.g. Brake), nor at land bases. You can still choose to dock in the old way, if you wish. If you want this mod to also work with surface tankers, these must be renamed e.g. from "Brake" into "U-Brake" in the campaign files. (Fix by Stiebler and h.sie)

In short, from what I have gleaned means that the ''U-" needs added to the surface resupply ship names so as to facilitate making them act like the resupply uboats, yet retain their appearance as surface ships.
If they're not listed via the F1 key, they won't be in the help.txt file either; that is where the F1 key info. comes from.
Which is strange and leads to think the necessary files for the rest of the ships aren't in LSH, but not sure.

Regarding docking, I've docked at the ships without renaming them and followed the same procedure as with a u-tanker and had the same results as if I was at a u-tanker. Strange again. Though I've not done so in LSH, only other installs.
Old 05-03-20, 08:53 AM   #29
Hebe Vollmaus
Officer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1
Default LSH3 Versorger Resupply

The information needed is there!

LSH3 v5:
F1-key >>RESUPPLY/MARINEVERSORGER<<
= SH3\data\Menu\en/de_help.txt

LSH3 v15 (also known as LSH3 2015):
F1-key (upper right corner) >>Drag-Map<< "VERSORGER"