SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-20, 03:26 PM   #1
Cpt. Puffin
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0
Default Editing Warship Armour

I've been working on a sort of submod for WSM3.0GWX for myself, but have been having issues.

Essentially I want to make fights between your own warship and other warships more deadly as I find myself hitting cruisers and battleships numerous times, but no damage being incurred. So I've been using S3D to edit them recently, but I don't really know which zone is which and what the armour ratings mean. For example; many merchant vessels have different armour ratings on specific zones, but the majority of the warships are rated at -1 or something similar on nearly every zone. So if anyone has any tips or experience editing the armour ratings on the ZON files and could explain it to me better I would appreciate that. If there's a better editor out there that I don't know of any help there would also be appreciated as S3D can be kind of overwhelming.

Anything else anyone would suggest then feel free! Thanks for any help getting this little mini project a pair of good sea legs!
Cpt. Puffin is offline   Reply With Quote