SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-22-20, 11:02 AM   #1876
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen Mr beanie but, I decided to accept a Midway Gato on the 29th November 1942 and all I was given with it was a basic loadout of a .50 Cal, 3" Deck Gun, SD Radar and no SJ Radar.

I installed a 20 mm AA Machine Gun, a 4" Deck Gun, SJ Radar, and Improved SD Radar.

No problems encountered so far after 5 patrols.
Thanks. I'll check the "default" dates on the 4" gun and the SJ, but if I do find something off, it won't be able to be updated until the next "full" version, stepping up the number, and losing backwards compatibility... However, I do remember that in Stock (and, I think, TMO), you always had to re-purchase radars for whatever reason... Everything is fine in Single Missions and Quick Patrols thus far. More testing to get through though...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 11:09 AM   #1877
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
we do remind you that if you use vickers03's interior officer's country mod, that you must apply a patch to it, as found at https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...85#post2693885 - If you do not do this, you will be missing deck guns for any new boats...

Can you confirm that your using or not using this mod ?
I want to use the Vickers03 mod, but I cannot find it! I found the patch for it easily enough, but where is the "Fleetboat_Interior-Officers_Quarters_FOTRSU1.004.a" or whatever it is now called? Searching the Downloads folder yielded nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 11:23 AM   #1878
propbeanie

Page One of his thread, where he has "*update 05.9.20 - update for 1.2*"

The patch is not required, unless you use the old version built for v1.004

Old 09-22-20, 12:21 PM   #1879
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

This is good to know, just saw the latest for FotRS-UE, and the mention by s7rikeback, about if you were using vickers interior mod, of having to use the patch along with it.. an had a momentary sense of ok, I'll have to go grab that.. only to then see your post of not needing to... crisis averted... as I already have that new version of it, updated to FotRS 1.2, soo.. whewwwhhh *wipes sweat from My brow*

M. M.

Old 09-22-20, 12:54 PM   #1880
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post

Thank You!

EDIT: I had already found my way there and downloaded it. I just couldn't tell from the name what it was I had. Should have read the whole Page 1 I think.

Old 09-23-20, 09:43 AM   #1881
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Default Question for PropBeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Thank You!

EDIT: I had already found my way there and downloaded it. I just couldn't tell from the name what it was I had. Should have read the whole Page 1 I think.
I did a startover with the new release of FOTRSU (v2.4) with all the required steps, and then added the following Mods to the game:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
105_FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
525_v1.004_Camera
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols
910_OfficerCountryPatch
999_DC_NBB_sil

Everything seems to work just fine, except that in my boat, USS Spearfish, a Sargo out of Cavite, Manila on 12/09/41 to patrol Laman Bay, I do not see any changes to the interior in terms of being able to move past the Captain's bed and into the radio room. I did see a new hatch from the Control Tower that took me to the AA gun, but that seems to be all.

Is that what I should have in a SARGO, or did I put the Vickers03 mod in the wrong order? Note that the "450" was added by me and is not a standard mod from the FOTRSU team - I've been using it with FOTRSU for a LONG time with no evident affect on the game.

Thanks.

Old 09-23-20, 11:13 AM   #1882
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
This is good to know, just saw the latest for FotRS-UE, and the mention by s7rikeback, about if you were using vickers interior mod, of having to use the patch along with it.. an had a momentary sense of ok, I'll have to go grab that.. only to then see your post of not needing to... crisis averted... as I already have that new version of it, updated to FotRS 1.2, soo.. whewwwhhh *wipes sweat from My brow*

M. M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I did a startover with the new release of FOTRSU (v2.4) with all the required steps, and then added the following Mods to the game:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
105_FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
525_v1.004_Camera
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols
910_OfficerCountryPatch
999_DC_NBB_sil

Everything seems to work just fine, except that in my boat, USS Spearfish, a Sargo out of Cavite, Manila on 12/09/41 to patrol Laman Bay, I do not see any changes to the interior in terms of being able to move past the Captain's bed and into the radio room. I did see a new hatch from the Control Tower that took me to the AA gun, but that seems to be all.

Is that what I should have in a SARGO, or did I put the Vickers03 mod in the wrong order? Note that the "450" was added by me and is not a standard mod from the FOTRSU team - I've been using it with FOTRSU for a LONG time with no evident affect on the game.

Thanks.
I mis-spoke and confused matters even further. Sorry 'bout that. But:

The "910_OfficerCountryPatch" and "FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility" are just patches to make vickers03's original mod for FotRSU v1.004 compatible with FotRSU v1.2. They both add the UpgradePack deck guns to the SubName upc file. Vickers' interior mod will still overwrite the changes made to the Navigation Table in some of the subs, but a small price to pay for the added real estate forward... So remove that "910_OfficerCountryPatch" mod torpedobait, and then after the "999_DC_NBB_sil" mod, add vickers' whole mod instead: Fleetboat_Interior: Officers Quarters, and then either his "FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility" update (linked to on that same page) or the "910_OfficerCountryPatch"...

Old 09-24-20, 05:26 AM   #1883
WH4K
Frogman

Downloads: 56

Unfortunately, another weird bug: I just did an entire patrol without using hardly any diesel.

Midway to Hokkaido, plus some travel in the area, and back, still had 99/100 diesel when I got back. That isn't right.

Still in the Gato, still running 1.24 (no other mods).
Old 09-24-20, 05:59 AM   #1884
wzartz
Watch

Downloads: 37

as always thanks to all of the Modding teams and personally for Mr. propbeanie who really helped me as a noobie for answering all of my problems, i hope you didn't get disturbed by my presence ,

i got confused for a while but after read previous post i finally got the mod running with vickers03's Fleetboat Interior: Officers Quarters
(FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility and 910_OfficerCountryPatch are the same right??), and 999_DC_NBB_sil.7z,.. i know these are not mandatory but i want to get something new for my fish look

but anyway, back then i sunk two yamato in just 1 patrol,but now i got depth charged and sunk in my first patrol, don't know whether im very noob because of such a long hiatus or the diffculty got increased after the patch

welp i gotta be more careful of those desti next time
wzartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:26 AM   #1885
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Unfortunately, another weird bug: I just did an entire patrol without using hardly any diesel.

Midway to Hokkaido, plus some travel in the area, and back, still had 99/100 diesel when I got back. That isn't right.

Still in the Gato, still running 1.24 (no other mods).

was this your first patrol of a new career?
check your gameplay options....from the Captain's screen...you know, the radio set on the left.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 09:54 PM   #1886
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

Love the mod, really wish I would have left Pearl with a deck gun, but it is what it is. Day 4 of patrol in the Bungo Suido, nearly out of torps, ended up having to finish of a small oiler with my AA gun.

Anyway, saved, went to sleep, tried to reload the next day and it gets right to where the game should be loaded and let me loose (you know that point where you hear every sound possible and realize its game on?), and I get a CTD Windows error, no sound.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

FotRS and interiors are the only mods in play.
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-20, 10:08 PM   #1887
propbeanie

Bad Save data... no deck gun... when you installed the interiors mod, did you also install either "910_OfficerCountryPatch" from the FotRSU modded "Extras" folder, or vickers03's "FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility.7z" mod patch? They are both the same set of SubName.upc files to restore the deck guns. Vickers' mod was written for v1.004 of FotRSU. In v1.2, we updated the deck gun configurations for the player to swap the deck gun positions (and to allow future updates). The "patch" is necessary to match the configurations between the subs and guns in the UPCData folders. You will likely have to start over again after installing the interior's patch. Be sure and clean the Save folder so that the game updates the changes. You'll have to re-set your UI settings...

For future reference, when you do have issues, we need the sub class, the home port (such as "Pearl" in your case), the date you sailed, your assignment, a brief description of the issue, and the mod list, which can be gotten directly from JSGME with the use of "Tasks..." in the middle, then choosing "Export activated mod list to -->" and "Clipboard". Then in your reply, use the <Ctrl><V> key combo to "paste" the clipboard text where you want it. That way, we can see your JSGME version, the version of FotRSU, and the other mods you have added.

Old 09-24-20, 10:14 PM   #1888
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Dang it. Was afraid of that. Curious - what do you think triggered it now? My previous saves were loading fine?

Thanks!

As for the rest, my bad. I gave up on it then got the itch away and on mobile, so posted without the deets.
Old 09-24-20, 10:28 PM   #1889
propbeanie

Like I said, if you have let's say v1.24 of FotRSU, and you install vickers03's interior mod, it overwrites the SubName.upc of the submarine. Your first assignments after the first start might be fine with the deck gun, but not always. And as soon as you "upgrade" the boat, the game cannot find the deck gun, because the configuration of a file in UPCData / UPCUnitsData does not match the SubName.upc file, hence, the game will do what you encountered. It really should tell you up front "Hey! Something is wrong here!" and not go, but ~no~, they've gotta let you go out on patrol and sink ships, complete objectives, and really contribute to the war effort, only to disappoint you next time you go to load the Save, because the configurations don't match... No true "fail-safe" in the game's code, nor any error trapping the consumer can get at... other than the CTD... sigh.

However, if you install the patch for vickers' interiors, then it matches the SubName.upc to the other info in UPCData / UPCUnitsDat... If you have v1.24, there will be that "910_" mod in the Extras folder. Otherwise, download vickers' update, linked to above. You should delete the Save folder data (by Windows default, "C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4"), just like you would for a new install, so that the bad data is cleared, and the new, matching data is then pulled in. Else you'll still have the old UPC files in the Save folder data... You might be able to use a previous Save game, prior to any upgraded boat, and refuse the new boat when you come back in, Save, Exit, and apply the interior patch, then go back out patrolling and see what happens, but don't count on success with that. It could be a waste of time trying to recover.

Old 09-24-20, 11:07 PM   #1890
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Gotcha, although this was my first patrol and I never had a deck gun to begin with. Going to try the fix now though.

Thanks!