SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-03-20, 12:01 AM   #661
CoachDallas
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default realisim 0

any way to get the realism 0 options to stay on?
CoachDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 02:49 AM   #662
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

CoachDallas! nice seven year silent run!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 08:39 AM   #663
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachDallas View Post
any way to get the realism 0 options to stay on?
It depends on where you set therm. For single missions, training, etc. use the Options choice on the main menu. For Career options, you go to the Office and click on the Radio. Those are the career options that will not change unless you do it. Good Hunting!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-20, 02:13 PM   #664
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
It depends on where you set therm. For single missions, training, etc. use the Options choice on the main menu. For Career options, you go to the Office and click on the Radio. Those are the career options that will not change unless you do it. Good Hunting!
CoachDallas,

what TB says above is spot-on to which i will add only one item.
the Career Options will change with each new career based on the Difficulty choice that you make on the very first screen for new careers.
once you create your new career, you can click on the file cabinet near the door on the in-port screen and customize the options of your difficulty setting. the radio-set is used for options with US Pacific careers. The file cabinet is used for German careers.

that is all.
good luck! and good hunting!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 08:59 PM   #665
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 1

Question regarding ship's draft:
Are all ships displacing the listed draft or do they vary do to cargo? Example: a freighter listed with a draft of 8m always at 8m?

The reason I ask is that a number of torpedoes running under the keel and I'm trying to determine whether it's a deep run error with the torpedo or the ship is loaded light. There aren't any load lines or Plimsoll marks to reference.

Thanks,

BTW, I am really getting sucked in to this mod! Kind of hard to break away from

Old 09-05-20, 01:37 AM   #666
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 453

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
Question regarding ship's draft:
Are all ships displacing the listed draft or do they vary do to cargo? Example: a freighter listed with a draft of 8m always at 8m?

The reason I ask is that a number of torpedoes running under the keel and I'm trying to determine whether it's a deep run error with the torpedo or the ship is loaded light. There aren't any load lines or Plimsoll marks to reference.

Thanks,

BTW, I am really getting sucked in to this mod! Kind of hard to break away from

Usually the draft are good, but first war years there are lot of deep run fish (mostly the T1)
Keep in mind the sea state too, very important as ships are following waves height...and not the torpedoes!
So if you have 4 m waves height, It’s possible that The torp cross the ship path 4 m below the draft setting you gave.
What i usually do at war start, is to set the T1 on impact and on 5m depth for a 8m Ship draft (assuming I’m almost on a 90° angle shot)
Less when sea state is bad
Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 03:58 PM   #667
Flinx1971
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 34

Hi, Fifi

Danke für Deine Arbeit...!
Ohne Dich und die mühe vieler fleissiger Subsim U-Bootfahrer, würde ich auf den trockenen Sitzen.
Wirklich Super hin bekommen was Ubi nicht konnte und das nach fast 15 Jahren.

Danke, auf diesen weg, auch an die Macher von OM, OMEUG, FOTRS, TMO.
Ihr seid alle Grossartig!

Ich finde selbst die kleinen fehler toll, - Französische Befehle nach Konvoi Sichtung- macht die sache persönlicher und man sieht die Internationale Zusammenarbeit.

Bin einfach nur froh, Spielstände Speichern zu können, egal wo und wieviele Schiffe dort sind.

Bis jetzt laüft es Ohne Abstürze mehr als 192 Std Nonstop durch.

Benutze hierbei ein Offline 32Bit XP SP 3.11.5 Recher, 64Bit 3300+ 4 Kern, 8GB RAM, NV 220 GT 2GB, 4GB patch for XP 32, NVdrv. 340.52 1680×1050 60Hz

Es funktioniert hervorragend.
Selbst Zeitsprünge sind nun möglich.😉

Campange Kiel Trainig, Feindfahrt 2 -nach Training- am 14 Feb. 1940 beendet Feind fahrt 3, 31 Dez. 1939 begonnen. Philadelphia Experiment war doch nach Feb. 1940 🤔

Wegen euch habe ich die rote Glühbirne für die Schreibtischlampe heraus geholt und wenn es heist, Schiff- Flugzeug gesichtet, hab ich die richtige Atmosphäre....
So mein Grog wird kalt.

Ahoi und immer zwei Strich Wasser unterm Kiel.
Flinx1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 09:40 AM   #668
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Icon2

I'm jammed up with my new Dark Waters install. I had it installed before but took it off because of rampant CTD's. I have installed a number of other SH4 flavors and they are all running fine. I currently have FotRSU, RFB and TMO w/training wheels. I had Op Monsun and it was running quite well.

This how I installed DW and all the other SH4 variants:
1 Clean registry with CC Cleaner.
2 Defrag.
3 Copy and paste the game into the target folder, along with JSGME, LAA, d3d Antilag and Multisim.
4 Run LAA on SH4 with the >2 gb box checked.
5 Install all the other apps.
6 Run the new deployment 1 time.
7 Decompress Dark Waters into the MODS folder, activate it.
After all is said and done, I ran Dark Waters and I'm not getting past the opening splash card. Just sits there and then I get the 'Silent Hunter 4 has stopped working' popup.

The last time I had DW on, everything was running quite well until I upgraded my graphics card. I had a GT710 and I replaced it with a GTX660ti. I wanted more horsepower to run SH5. I had noticed problems with other versions of SH4 and I believe it was due to frame rate. In SH5, with all the sliders maxed out, I was getting 115-120fps I installed d3d antilag and capped the frame rate at 60fps. Problem solved. As for my current problem, I'm at a loss. I disabled my antivirus for both the install and when I run the game.

You guys have any ideas?
Old 09-22-20, 10:27 AM   #669
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
1 Clean registry with CC Cleaner.
2 Defrag.
3 Copy and paste the game into the target folder, along with JSGME, LAA, d3d Antilag and Multisim.
4 Run LAA on SH4 with the >2 gb box checked.
5 Install all the other apps.
6 Run the new deployment 1 time.
7 Decompress Dark Waters into the MODS folder, activate it.
1. Do not clean the registry. It is not necessary, and might mess-up other installs of Silent Hunter 4. All SH4 does in the registry upon install is register that first install path and license. Copies made after that are not registered. Another install is not possible (unless of course, you clean the registry).
2. Should not be necessary to Defrag, especially with a 64-bit OS, unless it has been a ~really~ long time since you did.
3. You shouldn't need d3d antilag, it is not recommended for newer OSes. As for "Multisim", do you mean "MultiSH4"?
4. "True" for the 4gig with LAA. You can also use "4Gig Patch" or NTCore 4Gig Patch. All do the same, which is flip a couple of bits in the exe file's header to show that it is written for, and "Large Address Aware" in Windows.
5. JSGME, MultiSH4, LAA, and that should do it.
6. Do NOT run the game prior to enabling Dark Waters, ~unless~ you empty the Save folder prior to running Dard Waters the first time, else you will cross-contaminate your Save, which is what the game runs from.
7. Swap six for seven, and set your User Settings in #7, then add:
8. Run the game again and have fun...
You should make an archive copy of your fresh install there in the middle of #3, and just use that next time you need a "fresh" install. Also, with an nVidia card, you might be able to use the nVidia Profile Inspector to set the framerate if desired. While the game's clock gets out of whack with the system clock if you exceed 30fps, you could try the game's setting for vsync link, but watch for "tearing" and other issues...

The big thing though is the Save folder. When you run the Stock game, activate the mod, then attempt to run the game, you have a mix of Stock and modded files in the Save folder... the other steps are extraneous, but do no real harm to that particular install set-up.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 12:49 PM   #670
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will put them in play and report back.

Question: what is the better choice 4Gig Patch, LAA or NT core?

I've been away from windows for a while now and I'm still getting into the swing of things. I been working in Linux Red Hat and Ubuntu where life is so much easier. Thanks for all your patience!

MacG
Old 09-22-20, 01:06 PM   #671
propbeanie

For simplicity, 4Gig Patch. For dot netFramework interface, LAA, but [kurl=https://ntcore.com/?page_id=371]NTCore 4GB Patch[/url] is fine also. All three do the same thing, and flip the bits in an executable file's header. The only differences are in the interface, with LAA winning the race there, with 3 "styles", if you will, of Basic, Intermediate & Advanced Modes. CapnScurvy has a good write-up on LAA in his Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install TEC tutorial, but I like NTCore's interface also, and you cannot argue with the simplicity of the 4Gig Patch from Jeff-Groves (Privateer). Your choice.

You can run SH4 in some flavors of Linux, with some flavors of WINE, though we'd need one of the resident Linux experts to help with anything newer than 3 years ago, which my last foray into Linux Ubuntu Studio. One absolutely ~HUGE~ thing to watch-out for with Linux is "paths". Windows doesn't care if you have an uppercase letter for a folder name, such as "Data" versus "data". In Linux though, those would be two different folders... So all references in cfg, ini, upc, etc. files, such as skin references, conning tower references, as well as all mods would have to be checked for "data" versus "Data"...

Old 09-22-20, 01:35 PM   #672
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Quote:
After all is said and done, I ran Dark Waters and I'm not getting past the opening splash card.

the only time i get this result is when there is an error message box appearing behind the splash screen.

because of the way that Ubi designed SH4, it does not lend itself to alt-tabbing or windowing making it deuce-difficult to detect an error message box.

when you get this result(open screen hangup), try to start the Task Manager and see if there is another window with a message box running.

good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 01:46 PM   #673
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

I'll try the 4Gig Patch. I'm into simplicity.

I have SH4 (the out of the box) version in my Ubuntu partition. It's really stable but like you mentioned, anything more requires WINE. WINE is great - once you get it working. Yes it's not an emulator but an abstraction layer which is really picky with paths and file names. Steam has been invested with Proton. I played Proton games and it works quite well. SH3 and 4 work well with it. Proton has been a side port from Codeweavers, the Cross Over people.

There's a linux project called Danger of the Deep. It's pretty much dead. The last entry in the subversion site is 2011. I had contacted the development team about pitching a hand with development and I didn't hear anything. Too bad, it had a lot of potential.

I think once a program is developed to port Windows games into Linux, we're going to see a mass immigration into linux.
Old 09-22-20, 06:31 PM   #674
propbeanie

Well, as they say, Wine Is Not an Emulator... lol - but yeah, I got tired of having to change just about everything from "data" to "Data" just to get a mod to work in the game, but maybe once we get some "stability" to FotRSU, we'll work on that aspect, along with a German translation...

Old 09-22-20, 07:38 PM   #675
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Icon10

VICTORY!!!
I have met the enemy and he is me!!

I followed the instructions and I'm up and running. I wasn't able to use 4Gig Patch so I used LAA. I was getting an error message I couldn't work past. I've had success with LAA in other deployments.

I found an alternative to d3d Antilag. I used the nVidia control panel and set 50fps for all my older games. I'm cruising in my brand new shiny Type IX looking to rain destruction on the Allied shipping.

Thanks for all the help! This sim is much more fun when it works!

MacGregor sends Bravo Zulu