Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-26-09, 10:56 PM   #16
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
HALFWAY TO A CHAMPIONSHIP.
The Field Thins Out.

Week 7 in the Subsim Torpedo League and as the field thins out, the chatting rises, and the smack talk begins.

"Your mother wears army boots?"
"Cause your father likes his women ugly."

Ugly was not the word to describe the fury of week seven games. The Huge Manatee, with no positional changes at all, earn their third win of the season with a total of 58 points against the Collared Greenz. At the other end, the Mudville Nine blow out Phant's Rage 113.86 - 55.75, relegating the Rage to first pick of the draft next year.

Let's not assume however, that with the field thinning out, that there was any less excitement. Going into the last game of the week, a mere .21 points separated the Dead Poets and the Reapers. The Dead Poets, early season favorite to go 13-1 against the inconsistent Reapers, had their hands full, trading the lead throughout the final game of the weekend. Eventually, the game came down to who was better, the arm of McNabb or the hands of Santana Moss. (Moss was eventually worth 4 points more.)

Once the final whistle had blown, the field of contenders was revealed, including, possibly one or two pretenders.

In the Old Schools Division, defending Torpedo Bowl Champions, the Dragons, have quietly stepped out to 5-2, a one game lead against the Miners at 4-3, who potentially could missing out on the post season with a rugged schedule.

In the tough Norris Division, the surprise loss by the Wild Boston Terriers hands a one game lead to the "where did they come from?" BP BadAsses team, who have put together a three game streak. However, the Ded Poets, after starting the season 3-0, find themselves a half game back and potentially needing to win all their remaining games, having already suffered two divisional losses.

The two horse race of the Surface Skimmers sees the Mudville Nine at 5-2, leading the Helman Nighthawks, who after being the #1 team at 3-0, fall to 4-3.

The lottery of the Sub Simmers division sees Every Given Sunday retain the lead, but, the Australian Taipans, defeated divisional rival Show Me Your TD's and moves up to be 2-0 against divisional rivals.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

In week seven, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 311 passing yards, 31 rushing yards and 3 TD's, Tony Romo of Miners is the Week Seven MVT.

Sidenote: 27 game changes from the Monday Night Game made this a messy, excessive strike-through review.
Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-09, 08:28 AM   #17
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

This is getting good
Old 11-03-09, 12:20 AM   #18
Gut Wrench
Chief

HOW MANY UPSETS?
How the mighty have fallen.

Week 8 in the Subsim Torpedo League and as we all know, on any weekend, no matter how heavily favored your team is, they will get beaten. And it didn't just happen once, but three times this week.

There was no Sunday Night game this week, Commissioner McBee getting kicked out of Philadelphia by some young punks visiting from the Bronx. With a realigned day schedule, the fall of the mighty teams begun.

Game one, the Australian Taipans, heavy favorites by more then 20 points to take Every Given Sunday, ended up getting their tails whipped by more then 40 points.

Game two, the defending champions Dragons favored by 25 points, loose to Show Me Your TD's by 12 points.

Game three, the Mudville Nine expected to clobber the Wild Boston Terriers, fought a tight tussle through Monday night, to end up losing by 14 points.

Only the Dead Poets expected to win by 50 points against the Collared Greenz, had to suffer a late game surge, to finally put the Greenz away by a mere 10 points.

The juggled scores, it has been suggested, arose from the multitude of transactions that occurred during the week. While the usual drop and add went on Tuesday, it was later in the week that the big numbers showed up. On the day prior to the first game, no fewer then 30 players traded positions, while in the early hours of Sunday, another 12 guys changed teams.

Week 8 also saw the first trade of the season. The Australian Taipans traded Darren Sproles to the Green Beans for Heinz Ward. It didn't help either team as they both suffered a loss. Ward was on a bye in week 8, and Sproles also had a bye against the Raiders.

The mixed results doesn't help clear the league standings. In the tough Norris Division, the Dead Poets are the league's #1 seed at 6-2, a half game ahead of the BP Badasses who somehow won their week 8 match by scoring a mere 63 points. The Wild Boston Terriers go to 5-3, and potentially, position 3 of the 4 divisional teams to appear in the post season.

In the two horse race of the Surface Skimmers, Helmans Nighthawks reclaim the divisional lead with 5-3 over the Mudville Nine. In the Old Schoolers Division, the Dragons at 5-3 hold a half game lead over the improving Miners also 5-3 but 1-1 in divisional games. Every Given Sunday leads the Sub Simmers Division at 5-3 by a clear one game.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

In week eight, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 240 passing yards, 14 rushing yards and 3 TD's, Donovan McNabb of the Reapers is the Week Seven MVT.

Old 11-03-09, 12:38 AM   #19
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90

Yahoo's scoring is on crack this week. First, they don't have any stats for the Carolina game until the third quarter. Then when they were reversing calls, they rounded the score UP I'm glad my game was not any closer, or I would have been pissed if I lost and the margin of victory was <2 points, because I swear yahoo screwed me out of 2 points and in this game, it could have made a big difference, (until the red flag came out and they took the td away from atlanta)

I do love the red flag though.
Old 11-03-09, 02:13 AM   #20
Aramike
Ocean Warrior

Best of SUBSIM
Chairman

Downloads: 59

I'm sorry, did someone say Every Given Sunday was the underdog? Okay, TECHNICALLY yes. But really, a 60 point swing? And a solid 10 point contribution from a FREE AGENT WR signed SUNDAY MORNING???

And TOP score in the LEAGUE for the week?

Just sayin', fellas...
Aramike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 11:47 PM   #21
Gut Wrench
Chief

HALF WAY HOME.
The Top Seeds Sprout a One Game Lead...and our first scoring win error.

Week 9 in the Subsim Torpedo League and finally, the cream of the crop, the pick of the bunch, the best of the best has finally risen to the top. Well, it has in at least three divisions...or it will by tomorrow morning. A scoring error has handed the Green beans a last second win over the Mudville Nine, however, it is expected that the league Commissioner will overturn it, giving the win to the Mudville Nine 109.18 - 107.40.

After a couple of mid season losses, the Canadian based Ded Poets have put together a three game streak to lead the significantly harder Norris Division at 7-2. They top the table by the barest of margins, squeaking home a 2.22 win over the continuing to impress Miners at 5-4. One game back at 6-3 the Wild Boston Terrier lead the BP Badasses with a 2-0 divisional game wins.

Defending Torpedo Bowl Champions the Dragons at 6-3 have scored 926 points, the second most of any team in the league. Red hot favorites the Dragons are already being picked as the final #2 seed, giving them the easier path into the finals. The Miners, Reapers and Drunk Ground Hogs all helped out the Dragons by sustaining loses through the week.

In the Sub Simmers, where potentially only the divisional winner will advance, the inter divisional tussle sees Every Given Sunday with a two game lead over both Show Me Your TD's and the Australian Taipans at 4-5. Both teams were in need of some points even before the Monday Night Game, Show Me Your TD's needing Big Ben to throw for 800 yards, and the Taipans needing Hines Ward to catch 6 TD's.

In week one the ASW Writers predicted that the Cyprus based Helmand Nighthawks would be the top Surface Skimmers seed, and now they are tied with the Mudville Nine at 6-3. However, the Nighthawks have outscored everybody with 944 points, but, the Mudville Nine are 2-0 in the division. The Nighthawks set themselves up for the top of the table game in week 10 when they play the Dragons.

In week nine, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of one 50 yard field goal, one 40 - 49 yard field goal, one 30 - 39 yard field goal, and 2 extra points, kicker Jason Hanson helping the Phants Rage to their first win of the seasons, is the Week Nine MVT.

Old 11-10-09, 01:37 AM   #22
Chad
ACE

Downloads: 60

What was the scoring error? I don't see anything wrong

I need a W bad, don't take it from me
Old 11-10-09, 07:50 PM   #23
Pioneer
Stinking drunk in Trinidad

Downloads: 5

I hate to take a W away from anyone but looking at my own stat counter for that game, I see an error.

Steelers won the game 24-10. They had two sacks (1 each) 3 interceptions (2 each) 1 defensive TD (6) and by our leagues settings for 10 points scored against (7)

2+6+6+7 = 21

Stat counter has credited the Steelers only with 6 points scored against which would be 10 points, equaling 24.

This one's coming back, the Mudville Nine should get the W on a recount, but Thursday is a long time to wait for a decision. Having said that, Yahoo has still not accounted for a question I raised in week one.

And I still have an Australian championship I'm bitter about since 1982, cause some f*cker can't count either. (Another story for another time.)

The American Pioneer story continues @ www.grantmadden.com

Latest publication: Chicken Soup for the Soul Angels and Miracles

Pioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-09, 02:18 PM   #24
Gut Wrench
Chief

Anomoly corrected, and my apologies to both teams involved.
From the Yahoo Scoring Standards...

The number of points allowed by a team defense in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy
Football will not always match the final score posted by their opponent
in their real-life game.

A team's defense is not responsible for those points allowed while
their team's offense is on the field. They are, however, responsible for all kickoff and punt return points allowed.

In Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Football, scoring for the Points Allowed
category in leagues using Team Defenses will include the following
situations:

- All TDs scored against the defense.

- All FGs scored by the opponent.

- All PATs (Extra Points and 2-PT conversions.)

- Special Teams Scoring (kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns, as
well as blocked punts returned for Touchdowns.)

- All other scoring categories chosen within the league.

Note: Points scored against the team's offensive unit (i.e.,
interception and fumble returns for TDs, FG blocks returned for
Touchdowns, and safeties) will NOT be counted in the Points Allowed
category.

Scoring in the Points Allowed category is standard in all leagues and
cannot be modified to include or exclude points of a certain type.

Therefor: the TD scored by the Broncos against the Steelers on the fumble, does not count against the Steelers.

The Green Beans win stands!
Old 11-13-09, 05:21 PM   #25
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

Thank you for clearing that up. If yahoo actually does dismiss defensive scores against your defense, it was a change made at some point. In the past, they just took the total points scored by the other team and that total counted as points your defense gave up.

I'm glad they made this change.

RickC
Dragons

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-09, 12:52 AM   #26
Gut Wrench
Chief

WEEK 10 - AND QUESTIONS ARE RAISED.
Interference On The Way To The Bowl.

Week 10 in the Subsim Torpedo League and questions are being raised.

What were the Browns even doing on a Monday Night's telecast?
How does McNabb throw for 450 yards and still lose?
Why did Every Given Sunday win with just 61 points and the Dragons loose with 112?
Who's in, and who's out?

Thursday night and the early start to the weekend saw every vote cast for Show Me Your Td's - he was the only one who voted and he voted for himself. A big shootout brings the realization that Coach Mookie can beat the two best teams in the league, but no one in his own division. The win moves him to 5-5, two games back from divisional leaders Every Given Sunday at 7-3.

Sunday morning and Coach Pioneer of the Australian Taipans make an appearance on the Yahoo Fantasy Football Show, putting the question of starting LT or Moreno. The guru's said Moreno, but that didn't help his cause as he was whipped 103-69 by the Mudville Nine. The win keeps the Nine in touch with divisional leaders Nighthawks who needed the Ravens defense to cease being good in order to defeat the Dragons.

The Wild Boston Terrier extend their winning streak to 3 soundly defeating the Collarred Greenz 107 - 53. With the win by the BP Badasses over the Miners and the loss by the Dead Poets, a three way tie exists in the Norris Division, and the Dead Poets suddenly find themselves 1-2 in the division. After leading the league for so long, they are now looking at best for the wild-card race.

The Nighthawks and the Dragons are the first two teams to score 1000 points in the season, but scoring points doesn't win you the championship. The Associated Subsim Writers have put together their predictions as the teams head into the last four weeks, with only eight teams to advance.

PROBABLE SEEDING DIVISIONAL WINNERS
Team.....Record..... Remaining Opponents Records

Nighthawks...7-3.... 15-25
Dragons...... 6-4.... 19-21
Wild Terriers. 7-3.... 23-17
EG Sunday... 7-3.... 23-17

WILDCARD RACE
Team....... Record.... Remaining Opponents

Dead Poets... 7-3.... 15-25
BP Badasses. 7-3.... 20-20
Green Beans. 5-5.... 14-26 (Easiest)
Mudville Nine. 6-4.... 18-22
Miners.......... 5-5.... 19-21
Show MY TD's 5-5.... 21-19
Reapers........ 5-5.... 25-15

MATHEMATICAL MIRACLES NEEDED
Team............ Record..... Remaining Opponents

Collared Greenz.... 4-6.... 20-20
Australian Taipans 4-6.... 26-14 (hardest)

The Huge Manatee, Phants Rage and Drunk Ground Hogs are the only teams which have been mathematically eliminated.

However, all these ranking could change once the League Commissioner steps in. While researching, it's been ascertained that the Huge Manatee play the Drunk Ground Hogs in week 12 for a second time, but more importantly, Show Me Your TD's meet the Mudville Nine in week 14. In their previous encounter in week 4, The Mudville Nine beat the TD's 105 -55. It appears that the final weeks games need to be realigned so that Show Me Your TD's play either the Drunk Ground Hogs or the Collared Greenz, and the Mudville Nine play either the Miners or the Collarred Greenz.

The problems lies in that realignment forces another games to a ghost team match ups, Australian Taipans against Huge Manatee. Good luck working that out. The ASW are suggesting that in order to avoid the last week rematch the TD's should meet the Greenz and the Mudville Nine meet the Miners.

In week ten, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 131 rushing yards, 1 rushing TD, and 9 receptions for 45 yards, running back Steven Jackson of Show Me Your TD's, is the Week Ten MVT.

[/quote]
Old 11-24-09, 12:12 AM   #27
Gut Wrench
Chief

EIGHT POINTS.
Makes All The Difference.

I usually start writing this column about the time that Faith Hill bounces into my bedroom and starts singing about how she's waiting all week for me. Somehow, it didn't matter how short she wore that black skirt, or how high she wore those booties, there was something more interesting in Week 11 of the Subsim Torpedo League.

Both the Raiders and Chiefs got a win? (Questions are already being asked as to how many nights on the Cavalla that little bribe cost Commander Neal.

But in the Torpedo League, where all the games matter no matter how bad some of the teams are (yes, I'm looking at you 1-10 Phants Rage) fingernails were chewed and other hot looking women were tossed aside as Coaches ground out the late games accompanied by the words "Not now, I'm 8 points behind."

Eight points doesn't sound like much but it was enough for Every Given Sunday to move ahead to 8-3 with the narrow win over Collared Greenz. The loss by the Greenz eliminates the team from the post season.

Eight points doesn't sound like much but two points is even less, for the Green Beans to leapfrog the Reapers and move to 6-5. At 6-5 the Beans have had the third most points scored against them, however, they sit in second place two games back of Every Given Sunday and still eligible to win the division.

You have to feel for Coach Mookie of Show Me Your TD's, going into the Monday Night game more then 40 points ahead of the BP Badasses, he could have done with an extra eight points. He was sunk with a 53 yard field goal with 47 seconds left in the game.

And how about that SubSimmers division, with the upset game of the week, the #12 ranked Australian Taipans dropped the #2 Wild Boston Terriers, forcing them a game back from divisional rivals, the Dead Poets.

In other games the #1 seed Helmand Nighthawks disposed of Phants Rage, and the Mudville Nine did likewise to the Drunk Ground Hogs.

The trade deadline for the league passed on Friday night, with only one trade being effected. Anquan Bolden of the Ded Poets was traded for LeSean McCoy of Show Me Your TD's late Wednesday.

And thus after a grueling four day spread of football, we head into the Thanksgiving Day week with the questions being asked. Who will get carved up Thursday? (Neal, I'm looking at your Raiders.) Who will be served up on a platter, and perhaps most importantly, who will be plucked for the season?

Let's go to the Subsim Torpedo Bowl ratings for Week 11.

The Nighthawks, Every Given Sunday and Dragons hold their place in the Championship Post Season. The loss by the Wild Boston terriers moves them a game behind the Dead Poets and the Badasses, but, they still hold a 3-0 record on the division. The Boston Terriers meet Show Me Your TD's, while the Poets are up against Every Given Sunday. The Poets have beaten the Basasses, and both teams look to be going to the post season, one in the Championship Round, the other to the Consolation Round.

PROBABLE SEEDING DIVISIONAL WINNERS
Team.....Record

Nighthawks...8-3
Dragons...... 7-4
Dead Poets.. 8-3
EG Sunday... 7-3

And here's where the mathematicians go crazy, trying to compute if it's plausible, before they consider is it attainable.

The BP Badasses lead the wildcard with a key matchup against the Reapers in week 12. The Wild Boston Terrier move to be a "chase dog" still with a chance to win the division. They line up against, Show Me Your TD's next week. However, at 0-3 within the division, Show Me Your TD's need the win to avoid being eliminated.

WILDCARD RACE
Team....... Record

BP Badasses...8-3
Wild Terriers...7-4
Mudville Nine..7-4
Green Beans.. 6-5
Reapers........ 5-6
Miners.......... 5-6
AU Taipans.... 5-6
Show MY TD's. 5-6

...and suddenly, there are three teams from the SubSimmer division and two from the Old Schoolers Division fighting it out for the #8 play off position.

WHAT ABOUT THE SCHEDULE COMMISSIONER?

No decision has yet been made by the Commissioner relating to the second meeting of the Mudville Nine and Show Me Your TD's. Without altering the schedule, once of those two coach's will miss out on the playoffs, and two more are in jeopardy.

In week eleven, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 384 passing yards and 3 passing TD's, Eli Manning of the Australian Taipans is the Week Eleven MVT.

Old 11-30-09, 11:44 PM   #28
Gut Wrench
Chief

WEEK TWELVE - 2 DIVISIONS CLINCHED.
Wildcard Brawl Between 9 teams over 4 spots.

With just two weeks to go in the regular season of the Subsim League, the first two divisional titles have been clinched, but with some key results, the wildcard race for the 4 open positions in the Consolation Final, is being waged between nine other teams.

In the Surface Skimmers Division, Helmands Nighthawks 113-76 win over divisional rivals Mudville Nine has secured the divisional championship, and potentially, either the first or second seeding in the Championship Finals. Having already beaten two of the other three divisional leaders, only Every Given Sunday or the Dead Poets can knock the Nighthawks off. Every Given Sunday beat the Nighthawks in week 7, and the Nighthawks do not play the Ded Poets in the regular season.

The loss by the Mudville Nine drops them 2 games back, relegating them, at best, to the Consolation Finals. The Nine, having lost earlier in the season to the Green Beans, places them in the 8th and final playoff position. Even then their position is not secured as teams below them, have already beaten the Nine.

The Dragons are the second team to clinch, opening up a two game lead over the Miners in the Old Schoolers Division. At 3-0 within the division, the Dragons are only playing for their seeding in the Championship Round.

With 2 decided that leaves the other 2 divisions to be sorted out. In the Sub Simmers Division, which suddenly houses three teams with the hardest schedule in the league, the loss by Every Given Sunday against the Ded Poets drops them to 8-4, and keeps the division alive. The Green Beans, with the easiest schedule of all teams in the last two weeks, advance to 7-5 and sets up a two horse race for the divisional lead.

But if you want a three horse race throw a blanket over the BP Badasses, the Ded Poets and the Wild Boston Terriers in the Norris Division. At 9-3, only the BP Badasses have clinched a playoff position this week, but, they will have to wait at least another week to know if it's in the Championship or Consolation Finals. The Badasses have their last divisional game to play in week 12 against the Collared Greenz (4-7). A win against them will advance them to 2-1 in the division, but, a loss earlier in the season against the Wild Boston Terriers leaves all three teams still viable to win the division.

Which brings us to the entire line up of the wildcard chase. Fortuitous results in other games keep the 5-7 Reapers and the Australian Taipans still in with a chance, but, eliminates Show Me Your TD's with their 0-3 divisional record.

Let's go to the Subsim Torpedo Bowl rankings for Week 11.

The Nighthawks and Dragons advance to the Championship Finals. The BP Badasses lead their divisional and are assured a playoff position. Every Given Sunday lead their division, but, must wait on other results before advancing to either finals. They can still miss out on the playoffs. So the picture looks something like this:

CURRENT DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
Team.....Record

Nighthawks...9-3
Dragons...... 8-4

WILDCARD RACE
Team....... Record

BP Badasses...9-3 (Clinched playoff position)
Ded Poets......9-3
Every Given Sunday 8-4
Wild Terriers...8-4
Green Beans...7-5
Mudville Nine..7-5
Miners...........6-6
Reapers........ 5-7
AU Taipans.... 5-7

Nine teams, two to advance to the Championship Finals, the rest to brawl over the last spots in the Consolation Final.

Show Me Your TD's joins the Collared Greenz, Huge Manatee, Drunk Ground Hogs and Phants Rage as eliminated from the playoffs.

In week twelve, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 317 passing yards, 2 passing TD's plus an extra 4 yards rushing, Phillip Rivers of the Dragons is the Week Twelve MVT.

Old 12-07-09, 08:47 PM   #29
Gut Wrench
Chief

The Week 13 Subsim league Torpedo Bowl report for this week will be late by about 14 hours after the conclusion of the final game.

Apparently the Raiders are booked on the same flight...and we had to make an emergency landing in Sugarland to replenish the strippers.
Old 12-08-09, 06:10 PM   #30
Gut Wrench
Chief

ONE WEEK TO GO.
Still undecided - 1 division and wildcards.

After a flight delay in which I saw more women celebrating with the Raiders then there are mistresses still hiding in Tiger Woods closet, we're arrive at the end of week thirteen and still the play off picture remains undecided. But let's start with who is going into the Post Season.

In the Surface Skimmers Division, Helmands Nighthawks having already clinched a placed in the Championship Bowl, had a scare when the Drunk Ground Hogs had a season high score before eventually being put to bed 100-78. The win by the Cyprus based Nighthawks doesn't clarify their seeding, as they must still meet the Wild Boston Terriers in the final week, who have their own dilemma's to overcome.

The Dragons, having also clinched a Championship berth, were also given a scare by the 3-10 Huge Manatee who leading into the Monday Night game looked like causing the upset of the season. The win by the Dragons still doesn't clarify their seeding as they are dependent on other games.

In the Sub Simmers division, Every Given Sunday, beaten by the Wild Boston Terriers 95-55, secured the Divisional Title with key losses around the league. By taking the division, they secure themselves the #4 seeding in the Championship Series, possible against the Nighthawks. In week 7 of the Subsim league, Every Given Sunday beat the Nighthawks 108-83.

The only division winner not yet confirmed is the Norris Division, with three teams still wrestling to take control. The BP Badasses 10-3 lead the division after defeating the Collared Greenz 92-81, and were already assured a play off berth last week. The Badasses play the Dragons in the final week, and a win will given them the divisional title.

The early season favorites, the Canadian based Ded Poets, became the fourth team this season to put up career high scoring numbers against the Australian Taipans. Losses earlier in the season to both the Wild Boston terriers and the BP Badasses relegate the Poets to the Consolation series.

The Wild Boston Terriers have their divisional hopes resting on the result of two games in the final week. The Terriers play the Nighthawks and need the win to finish 10-4, plus, a Badasses loss to the Dragons to take the title. The Wild Boston Terriers enter the final week 3-0 in the division needing help to take the title. All three teams are headed to the post season, but two of them will be seeing each other in the Consolation Series.

Not enough intrigue for you, then have a look at the wildcard race. Two of the three teams in the Norris Division will take the first two wildcard spots, leaving two undecided spots. Three teams at 7-6, the Green Beans, Mudville Nine and the Miners all have playoff aspirations, but they're all looking behind them at the 6-7 Reapers, who with wins earlier in the season against them, look like playing the spoiler.

The Green Beans has the easiest week game against the Huge Manatee, but, they have struggled to get home against the weaker teams. The Miners play the Australian Taipans, but must rely on other games as they have not played the Mudville Nine in the regular season. The Mudville Nine in their loss against the Reapers 137-86, place them in danger of missing the playoffs having already loss to the Green Beans.

So after twelve weeks of arguing, scraping and missed chances, the playoff picture with one week to go looks something like this

DIVISIONAL CHAMPIONS
Team.....Record

Nighthawks...10-3 (Playing for home field advantage)
Dragons...... 9-4 (Playing for #2 or #3 seeding)
Every Given Sunday (#4 seed)

WILDCARD RACE
Team....... Record

BP Badasses...10-3 (Playing for Divisional Championship)
Ded Poets.......10-3 (Secured wildcard position)
Wild Terriers....9-4 (Playing for Divisional Championship)
Miners...........7-6
Green Beans...7-6
Mudville Nine..7-6
Reapers........ 6-7

The Australian Taipans join Show Me Your TD's, Collared Greenz, Huge Manatee, Drunk Ground Hogs and Phants Rage as eliminated from the playoffs.

Seven teams still contesting for both a Divisional Championship and Wild Card positions, this is where it all comes down to. Who will be there? Find out seven days from now.

In week thirteen, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present, for the effort of 2 sacks, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery and 1 defensive TD, the Denver defensive unit of the Wild Boston Terriers, is the Week Thirteen MVT.

Last edited by Gut Wrench; 12-08-09 at 08:40 PM.

Tags
fantasy football, subsim