SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-27-20, 01:41 AM   #16
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452
Uploads: 0

Make sure your SH3.exe is set to NO read only.
Right click on it, and in properties, uncheck the box « read only ». Otherwise the exe won’t patch...
While here, make sure it’s on windows 7 compatibility, and check the « run as administrator » .
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 04:51 PM   #17
Skinny_Huesudo
Watch

Downloads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Make sure your SH3.exe is set to NO read only.
Right click on it, and in properties, uncheck the box « read only ». Otherwise the exe won’t patch...
While here, make sure it’s on windows 7 compatibility, and check the « run as administrator » .
I checked to see if SH3.exe was read only and it wasn't. I still can't patch it with either the 4GB patch or Tycho's patcher.
I also set SH3.exe to Windows 7 compatibility mode, and (as expected) it still crashes.

EDIT:
Scratch all of the above. I'm an idiot.

I'm reading the readme file on Tycho's patch (should have done it in the first place, thought reading the forum message was enough), and I see that I need H.Sie's patch for Tycho's to work properly. I'll look around in the mods subforum.
If anyone has a link to it, it will be very welcome.

Last edited by Skinny_Huesudo; 02-27-20 at 06:27 PM.
Skinny_Huesudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-20, 06:34 PM   #18
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny_Huesudo View Post
I checked to see if SH3.exe was read only and it wasn't. I still can't patch it with either the 4GB patch or Tycho's patcher.
I also set SH3.exe to Windows 7 compatibility mode, and (as expected) it still crashes.

EDIT:
Scratch all of the above. I'm an idiot.

I'm reading the readme file on Tycho's patch (should have done it in the first place, thought reading the forum message was enough), and I see that I need H.Sie's patch for Tycho's to work properly. I'll look around in the mods subforum.
If anyone has a link to it, it will be very welcome.
Try this :

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...=4412&act=down

Good Hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-20, 03:48 AM   #19
Skinny_Huesudo
Watch

Alright, now here's the part I really can't figure out myself without a LOT of trial and error.

I have the following files, mods, installers, etc:
  • ARB WideGUI 1080
  • GWX3 (includes JSGME)
  • H.Sie's Hardcore patch (includes the 4 GB patch)
  • Tycho's patch
  • SH3 Commander (GWX files for SH3Cmdr are installed after it)

What's the install order then?
Old 02-28-20, 04:32 PM   #20
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

From the SH3 Manual: Always install GWX first, before anything else.
Old 02-28-20, 05:05 PM   #21
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 810

Default read the forum

It seems that our 'blue' no longer takes the time to read the explanations that some here spend time writing
being uboat commander doesn't improvise...
you have to break the bolt to build a soup of mods my dear is to start with simple things would be advisable to read and really recommend
or continue to watch wolfpack345 which I salute for his work on his youtube channel which I highly recommend, this will not fall from the sky reading and really important in order to avoid asking questions already asked
go courage and good reading ...
Kal_Maximus_U669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 09:10 PM   #22
Skinny_Huesudo
Watch

Alright, so GWX first, then H.Sie's, then Tycho's, then WideGui and then SH3Cmdr plus GWX files.

Thanks for the help! I'll try it out
Old 03-01-20, 11:23 AM   #23
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny_Huesudo View Post
Alright, so GWX first, then H.Sie's, then Tycho's, then WideGui and then SH3Cmdr plus GWX files.

Thanks for the help! I'll try it out
Start by installing your game and make a copy !!
ex:\Game sh3\SilentHunter3GwX
D:\Game sh3\SilentHunter3 (Copy)
then install gwx
then use multish3 a program which allows you several installations ...
this multi sh3 puts it in the root of your game that you will modder activates the it will ask you to rename it called GwX for example ..
then patch the 4go file the program in the root of the game then activate the ...
be careful don't forget to give the right path when patching here:\Game sh3\SilentHunter3GwX
Old 03-01-20, 01:24 PM   #24
Levyathan89
Soundman

Downloads: 49

Ha, funny, I've also installed Wolfpack's mods after watching his video today.

One thing I can tell you that might cause trouble (as I had to learn the hard way today ) is the following:

ARB wideguy 1920*1080 v 0.3, which he uses, does NOT work with the standard steam sh3.exe + 4GB-patch alone.

Installing it is little complicated and just activating it via JSGME is not enough.

You need the following:

1. the unpatched (!) SH3.exe from steam
2. HSie's V16B1 patch kit
3. Tycho SH3 patch.

You also need to edit a few lines in the MAP-file from Tycho SH 3 patch. This is crucial!

After all that, you have the Supllement to V161B-mod you need to activate LAST in jsgme.

In case you didn't know this yet I can give more detailed instructions if you need em.

EDIT: nevermind, I should have read the entire thread, this as all been explained already

Last edited by Levyathan89; 03-01-20 at 01:59 PM.
Levyathan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-20, 01:40 PM   #25
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levyathan89 View Post
Ha, funny, I've also installed Wolfpack's mods after watching his video today.

One thing I can tell you that might cause trouble (as I had to learn the hard way today ) is the following:

ARB wideguy 1920*1080 v 0.3, which he uses, does NOT work with the standard steam sh3.exe + 4GB-patch alone.

Installing it is little complicated and just activating it via JSGME is not enough.

You need the following:

1. the unpatched (!) SH3.exe from steam
2. HSie's V16B1 patch kit
3. Tycho SH3 patch.

You also need to edit a few lines in the MAP-file from Tycho SH 3 patch. This is crucial!

After all that, you have the Supllement to V161B-mod you need to activate LAST in jsgme.

In case you didn't know this yet I can give more detailed instructions if you need em.
Oui il faut bien respecter les instructions d ou l interet d avoir plusieur installation pour pouvoir recuperer le "exe" par exemple de plus je ne conseille pas l' achat sur steam
La version ci est pour moi la meilleur:
Old 03-08-20, 01:37 PM   #26
Swany
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Once again, thanks to WolfPack, I want back into SH3 lol. I had the same problem with GWX, and tried a lot of stuff. Turns out, all I needed to do was run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode and it works perfect on my system (running SH3, SH3 Cmdr, and GWX only so far). I also found, for my system, I did NOT need to run the 4GB patch for just SH3, SH3 Cmder, and GWX. I did run it after I got it working with GWX because I want to mod the game up, so it's in there.

As with everyone else, I'm trying to run the same setup WP is, several of the mods he is using. Dead links, posts that say "The download is in my signature" and there is no signature. Is there an archive I can find these old mods in?
Old 03-08-20, 01:50 PM   #27
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swany View Post
Once again, thanks to WolfPack, I want back into SH3 lol. I had the same problem with GWX, and tried a lot of stuff. Turns out, all I needed to do was run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode and it works perfect on my system (running SH3, SH3 Cmdr, and GWX only so far). I also found, for my system, I did NOT need to run the 4GB patch for just SH3, SH3 Cmder, and GWX. I did run it after I got it working with GWX because I want to mod the game up, so it's in there.

As with everyone else, I'm trying to run the same setup WP is, several of the mods he is using. Dead links, posts that say "The download is in my signature" and there is no signature. Is there an archive I can find these old mods in?
tiends if that is what you are looking for ....
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=1420
Old 03-08-20, 03:46 PM   #28
Tricky
Sailor man

Downloads: 36

I have 95% of his mods ready to go. Complete with txt/ini edits, etc. All zipped, numbered for ease of use, with some readme's. PM me.
Tricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 03:53 PM   #29
OOTN
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 8

On a whim after seeing some videos I decided to try and get into SH3, but just installing the mods turns out to be a nightmare. I have no idea what I would have done if I hadn't found this thread by chance.
OOTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-20, 07:36 PM   #30
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Swany! after a nine year silent run, & OOTN!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 03-14-20 at 10:22 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote