SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-08, 09:06 AM   #31
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
quore:

do you diferentiate between action in the north atlantic (mid atlantic convoys) and coastal ops by type IIs in or around england?

also, North atlantic and ops in the US east coast

this is to see when and with whom should I patrol to have convoy action

pls clarify

looking good so far, heavy seas in april march 42, some torps run under, magnetic exploders not reliable and you cant see nothing in storms

Quote:
do you diferentiate between action in the north atlantic (mid atlantic convoys) and coastal ops by type IIs in or around england?

No I do not

Quote:
also, North atlantic and ops in the US east coast
No I do not
Old 07-27-08, 11:03 AM   #32
TDK1044
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0

I'm out of the second Flotilla in 1939, and I've found that with TDC set to auto, the torps fire too deep and always fail to strike the target. I now manually sert depth and they hit fine. I am also using TM.
Old 07-27-08, 01:30 PM   #33
pifer
Watch

Downloads: 11

Hi, excellent work lurker, im using only operation monsun beta version, when i go to start a patrol i change the torps, but the torps in the tubes always be the simply electric torp, if i put in a tube one a wet heather torp... i start in the tube one with a eletric torp`....

Whats wrong? sh4 1.5 om_v40x witht jsgme installation of the mod...

Any help? and sorry for my english

Thanks
Old 07-27-08, 02:25 PM   #34
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifer
Hi, excellent work lurker, im using only operation monsun beta version, when i go to start a patrol i change the torps, but the torps in the tubes always be the simply electric torp, if i put in a tube one a wet heather torp... i start in the tube one with a eletric torp`....

Thanks
Read this post

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=445

I'm aware of the problem. It may not get fix soon as it is a very hard problem to fix right now
Old 07-27-08, 04:55 PM   #35
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifer

Thanks
You could always stick with the IXD2 as the problem only seems to occur with submarines added by OM. Either that or you could manually edit the initial loadout .sim file with S3D every time you started a patrol, it's not a permenant fix by any means, but defenetly makes due until Lurker can get the issue resolved, as I'm sure, like he previously stated, it's not an easy fix. I've looked and don't even know where to begin....:hmm:
Old 07-29-08, 08:55 AM   #36
Boats
Loader

Downloads: 74

I like it and I didn't find any noticable hit to FPS in port when the mod is used by itself. Of course that was at a lower resolution than what most people like. If I crank it up to the higher setting I get about 26 in the canal.
Old 07-29-08, 11:19 AM   #37
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats
I like it and I didn't find any noticable hit to FPS in port when the mod is used by itself. Of course that was at a lower resolution than what most people like. If I crank it up to the higher setting I get about 26 in the canal.
I enjoy starting in port and rarely see below 40FPS.
Old 07-29-08, 12:14 PM   #38
Boats
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
Quote:
I like the ambiance of getting underway from the pier myself, but my Dell 7000 series Nvidia is a bit dated. And my drivers MUST come from Dell. I'm still getting that annoying water flash. Funny how the manual says the game was made for the 7000 series and yet people are fairing better with the newer cards.
Old 07-29-08, 01:45 PM   #39
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I like the ambiance of getting underway from the pier myself, but my Dell 7000 series Nvidia is a bit dated. And my drivers MUST come from Dell. I'm still getting that annoying water flash. Funny how the manual says the game was made for the 7000 series and yet people are fairing better with the newer cards.

I also have a Dell computer (Dimension 8250) that has seen better days, but thanks to upgrades (all of which I was told was impossible by Dell) the system plays this sim, with the bigger mods installed fairly well. If a new rig is not in the immediate future, there are things you could do.

The first things I did was to max out the memory, and install the largest CPU the MB would accept. Next, I wanted to install a better GC. This rig came with the ATI 9700pro (how long ago was that?:hmm: ). I upgraded to the 9800pro, and finally to the present X1650pro. The other item to be upgraded, and certainly one of the most important, was the PSU. This is where it could get tricky. As you probrably know, Dell has it's own way of doing things, and has it's own parts to do them with. I don't know if this has changed since then. Anyway, a standard off the shelf PSU will not fit in a Dell case. Luckily I found this place: www.pcpowerandcooling.com They have top notch PSU's, and manufacture a line to fit Dell computers.

Presently I'm seeking a new, bleeding edge (except without Vista) system. Money is alittle tight at the moment, but my Dell with it's upgrades is still holding its own.
Old 07-29-08, 03:46 PM   #40
Orion2012
Commodore

This program I've advised friend to use in the past, especially with any Sim. It started as FSautostart but has been refined. If you configure it correctly it'll squueze a few extra frames out of your system, mainly due to the RAM optimizer....

http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/

Although we're kinda off-topic here...
Old 07-29-08, 06:50 PM   #41
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Quote:
This program I've advised friend to use in the past, especially with any Sim. It started as FSautostart but has been refined. If you configure it correctly it'll squueze a few extra frames out of your system, mainly due to the RAM optimizer....

http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/

Although we're kinda off-topic here...

I have been useing an early version of FSautostart for a good while now. It works like a charm! It shuts down background applications (services and programs), and can be set up to restart them after you exit the program you're running ie.. SH4.
Old 07-29-08, 06:55 PM   #42
Boats
Loader

I hesitated to continue in the vien this post has taken. But I don't want to appear to be rude or ungrateful, so my last word outside anything having to do with this wonderful addon is,

thanks guys.
Old 07-29-08, 08:27 PM   #43
Boats
Loader

OK, not sure if I'm doing this right, it's been awhile since I last used SH3.

I can't get the TDC to calculate target speed. I'm trying to use the one on the bridge to get the firing solution and I'm able to get range and AOB but I can't get the timer on the TDC to operate.

I've clicked the stop watch icon on the data sheet and a few other spots, but the spot watch just doesn't seem to start ticking off the time. Am I missing something here?
Old 07-30-08, 03:56 AM   #44
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322

Need help folks, when I enable the mod I don't get any of the new missions showing up in game?? These are the mods I have enabled.

What is strange is that when I disable the OM4 beta I get the choice of Atlantic missions to start my career

EDIT FIXED.... It was the VIIC addon sub that caused the loss of the career option.

Last edited by 602Sqn_Puff; 07-31-08 at 05:16 AM.
Old 07-30-08, 07:30 AM   #45
HUNter_Richmond
Swabbie

Downloads: 20

I found some "interesting" parameter with Silent 3ditor:

Type VIIB - Armorlevel=25
Hitpoints=5250
Crashdept=315

Type VIIC - Armorlevel=25
Hitpoints=5500
Crashdept=346

Type VIIC/41 have a real parameters.

Type IXA,IXB,IXC,IXC/40 have "über" HP, IXD/2 have real HP.