SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-30-08, 04:18 AM   #106
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 0

@ Brett25
Glad you've found the source of your problems. When mods based on major camera position alterations conflict, you can end up with some very strange results indeed.

OH_V1, which came in several different parts and is characterised by white interior lamps in daytime mode, could do some very odd things if the parts were not put on in the correct order.

Similarly, Serge's Camera won't function at all, unless it is put on after any Open Hatch mod.

From what little I know about the Improved Diving Angle Mod, I would have serious doubts about it working with the Camera Mod as they both seem to make radical changes to camera movements in the Control Room area. Hopefully some camera modding expert will prove me wrong!

Regarding your other install: GWX 2.1 comes with a special version of OH mod but I think it only works on the type VIIs. In my opinion a far better option would be to replace it with OH_V2 which works for all subs - and adds some really good stuff for the TypeII. In case you don't have it, the link is:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...71&postcount=1

The Camera mod has a couple of minor conflicts with GWX. The most noticeable of which is the reduction of periscope magnifications to stock 1.4b levels. However this is easily rectified with S3d.....I managed to do it in about 5 minutes flat....and I don't possess any modding skills worthy of the name.

@ Darkbluesky

Did you try:-

http://rapidshare.com/files/94887614...d_SH3.zip.html ??

Just checked that one and it is working ok.

Edit: Posts crossed!
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-08, 01:51 PM   #107
pkl75
Sailor man

Downloads: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapskate
@ Brett25
Glad you've found the source of your problems. When mods based on major camera position alterations conflict, you can end up with some very strange results indeed.

OH_V1, which came in several different parts and is characterised by white interior lamps in daytime mode, could do some very odd things if the parts were not put on in the correct order.

Similarly, Serge's Camera won't function at all, unless it is put on after any Open Hatch mod.

From what little I know about the Improved Diving Angle Mod, I would have serious doubts about it working with the Camera Mod as they both seem to make radical changes to camera movements in the Control Room area. Hopefully some camera modding expert will prove me wrong!

Regarding your other install: GWX 2.1 comes with a special version of OH mod but I think it only works on the type VIIs. In my opinion a far better option would be to replace it with OH_V2 which works for all subs - and adds some really good stuff for the TypeII. In case you don't have it, the link is:-

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...71&postcount=1

The Camera mod has a couple of minor conflicts with GWX. The most noticeable of which is the reduction of periscope magnifications to stock 1.4b levels. However this is easily rectified with S3d.....I managed to do it in about 5 minutes flat....and I don't possess any modding skills worthy of the name.
I am not an expert camera modder but I have some opinions over what you said above:
1) SB_cameras_mod_SH3 contains no files in folder "interior" while GWX - Open Hatch Mod does contain only files in "interior" and in no other folder. Therefore the order of installation should not make a difference.
2) interior diving angles and interior diving angles (openhatch) only change .sim and .dat files in "Interior" folders, no .cam files (as SB_cameras_mod_SH3 does) and also there are no changes to cameras.dat in the IDA mods. I am not sure about functionality of type XXI boat after those, because both change that sub, but at least there are no same files changed by those mods. In my opinion the other subs should work anyway. I have not tested that.
3) I agree about differences between GWX and camera mod.

I remind about a little work I did a while ago for combining LRT, camera mod and OLC GUI (in GWX of course).
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140085

I did not however make it for camera + GWX only. Glad that you did!
pkl75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-08, 06:06 AM   #108
Cheapskate
XO

Downloads: 47

Hi pkl75

Nice to hear from you again! I do remember the work you did on OLC Gui/SBC fix and I was thinking of you when I said " Hope some camera modding expert will prove me wrong".

I note what you say about SB Camera Mod and its compatability with Open Hatch Mods. However, I know for certain that the Camera Mod's free movement on deck and in the Control Tower is disabled when it is loaded before Open Hatch.
Don't know why this happens, and when the answer is simply to load SBCamera after OH, I'm quite happy to leave it at that. I've absolutely no desire to mod anything....unless the problem is very,very easy to correct - like the peri magnification fix in GWX.

I remember Open Hatch uses a 0byte RR.dat file. If a RR.dat containing data was loaded when running OH_V1 (usually by loading the parts in the wrong order), it seemed to cause the RR Room crew to disappear. That was exactly what Brett reported in his earlier post. I've also seen the RR screen replaced by a view of the sea, without any sign of the sub!

Haven't ever used IDA, but I did look at it briefly. The version I saw included a populated RR.dat file. I was pretty sure that there would be a clash if it loaded after Open Hatch. However, following your comments, I'll actually load it up and see what happens. Should really have done that in the first place

Cheapskate

Edit: Just noticed your PM. Will reply just as soon as I've mowed the lawns. Got to do that before the rain comes!!!

Last edited by Cheapskate; 09-01-08 at 06:25 AM.
Cheapskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 09:27 PM   #109
supposedtobeworking
XO

Downloads: 59

so is there a free walk camera mod that is totally compatible with GWX 2.1??
supposedtobeworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-08, 09:42 PM   #110
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by supposedtobeworking
so is there a free walk camera mod that is totally compatible with GWX 2.1??
Aren't you supposed to be working?
Old 09-08-08, 10:51 AM   #111
supposedtobeworking
XO

I am working...on finding a a free walk camera for GWX 2.1...you haven't seen one have you?
Old 09-08-08, 12:08 PM   #112
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

And the answer is "no". The GWX team said they were working on adapting it fully, but they just couldn't get it to full compatibility in the time frame they were working in, so they had to abandon it.

I use it anyway, and haven't noticed any real problems. But then, there are a lot of things I don't notice, so don't listen to me.
Old 09-08-08, 03:16 PM   #113
supposedtobeworking
XO

ok i'll give it a shot...I still have the original I think..thanks.
Old 03-14-09, 10:27 AM   #114
Desga
Navy Dude

Downloads: 87

excuseme but is the Depthcharge_shake_2.01 compatible with this SB Camera Mod ?

Last edited by Desga; 03-14-09 at 10:54 AM.
Desga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-12, 12:12 PM   #115
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488

maybe is the wrong forum but i would like a answer please....is there a camera
just like silent hunter 4 outside that follows the ship? for 3? thanks
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 08:45 PM   #116
gmetzo
Seaman

Downloads: 139

is there a chance to get a new working link for the mod?
gmetzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-20, 09:12 PM   #117
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 429

Try this :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3wjmjx...zip/filettp://

Good hunting,
FUBAR295

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote