SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-20-13, 09:56 AM   #151
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465
Uploads: 0

Stiebler, I am planning to implement the Minimum TC Fix patch next time I'm in port. I notice that it uses SHIFT-N as a toggle. Since there is no change to commands_en.cfg included with the patch, I presume that the use of SHIFT-N is hard-coded and can't be changed by the user. I use sh3speech, which has Deck_Gun_Cease_Fire assigned to SHIFT-N. So I'll need to remap Deck_Gun_Cease_Fire, correct?
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 11:09 AM   #152
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@BigWallEye:
Quote:
I presume that the use of SHIFT-N is hard-coded and can't be changed by the user.
Correct.

Quote:
I use sh3speech, which has Deck_Gun_Cease_Fire assigned to SHIFT-N. So I'll need to remap Deck_Gun_Cease_Fire, correct?
Correct again. (The Stiebler 4b Patch also uses SHIFT-M in hard code, for the Change Grid mod.)

Good luck!

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 11:20 AM   #153
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Thanks for the answer. I was trying to avoid a little work.

Thanks also for all the work associated with these patches. Reverse-engineering disassembled code is not my idea of a walk in the park! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@BigWallEye:

The Stiebler 4b Patch also uses SHIFT-M in hard code, for the Change Grid mod.
Oh! Since you included a change to the commands_en.cfg file for the Change Grid patch, I thought that one was re-mappable.
Old 05-20-13, 04:05 PM   #154
Ernst Sautter
Nub

Downloads: 1

Hi guys

First i want to thank Stiebler and h.sie for his wonderful work. I am a veteran Sh3 gwx player and after achieving som 1 million tonnage sunk in 1 career at 100% reality i got bored of the game. But now with these wonderful mods it feels like a totally new game.

Only thing that I miss now to get a real realistic feeling is convoys that sail with the ships further apart so it would be possible to make a "Kretschmer" without getting detected.

Almost everything works as intended for me I run

GWX 16km Atmosphere
GWK Enhanced Dmg
GWX Integrated orders (some problems with this)
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)
Stiebler4B_Addon_for_V16B1
DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
FM_NewInterior_V1.0

The integrated orders seems not to work.
maybe some one knows what the problem can be it dident work
before the last 2 mods where attached either.

Anyway noticed one bug. The hydrophones dont work after you dive for some time. If you are speeding the game up and dive with 1024 time acceleration. A ship can pass right by you before you can press the hydrophone button for "normal sweep"

It can be manual activated by rotating the hydrophone and then it works directly.

Anyway this is rather annoying as it makes it impossible to dive listen/confirm a position of convoy/ship and then surface again.(without manually doing it)

Did some1 else notice this problem and is there anyway to fix it?

Again thanks for the impressive work

Best regards Ernst
Ernst Sautter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 08:50 PM   #155
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Ernst, Stiebler4B_V16B1_Addon overwrites orders2.tga, one of the key graphics files for GWX-Integrated Orders. You can incorporate Stiebler's changes into the GWX-Integrated Orders file, but you need to know how to alter graphics files and have the necessary software to do so. If you install GWX-Integrated Orders over Stiebler4B_V16B1_Addon, integrated Orders should work, but you will lose the Abandon U-boat icon. Actually, the button will still be there, but what you will see is the icon for Report Contacts IIRC. The tooltip will say Abandon U-boat, and the function will be correct. If you can live with that, you have your fix.
Old 05-21-13, 05:29 AM   #156
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Stiebler, while making the necessary changes to use your Minimum TC patch, I observed something interesting. As you posted above, you have hard-coded SHIFT-M and SHIFT-N for the Request New Grid and Minimum TC patches. But those keybindings are also assignable through commands.xx.cfg. When you press SHIFT-M, for example, you initiate the Request New Grid sequence, and whatever game function you have assigned via commands_xx.cfg. This is not particularly useful, but it's interesting that your patch does not preempt the keybinding and exclude the other function. Perhaps this information might contribute to your reverse engineering efforts.
Old 05-21-13, 06:37 AM   #157
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Good point...
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 10:33 AM   #158
runio
Watch

Downloads: 31

Stiebler patched exe don't work for me.
H.sie patched game works ok. After (successfully) patched exe with Stiebler patch i have only black screen after launch the game. No CTD, no error messages, just black screen. Alt-tab don't work, alt-ctrl-del too. Only hard reset recovers the system. It doesn't matter if i select all options in option selector, or deselect all.
System windows 7 starter. Any issue?
runio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 03:32 PM   #159
desertstriker
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 998

Quote:
Originally Posted by runio View Post
Stiebler patched exe don't work for me.
H.sie patched game works ok. After (successfully) patched exe with Stiebler patch i have only black screen after launch the game. No CTD, no error messages, just black screen. Alt-tab don't work, alt-ctrl-del too. Only hard reset recovers the system. It doesn't matter if i select all options in option selector, or deselect all.
System windows 7 starter. Any issue?
what mods are you using?
and what do you mean by windows 7 starter? never heard of it

Edit: never mind found out what starter is.

Last edited by desertstriker; 05-26-13 at 03:43 PM.
desertstriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-13, 02:30 AM   #160
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@runio:

I understand that 'windows 7 starter' is the basic 32-bit version of WIndows 7 (just done an Internet search).

I have no experience with this, but I suggest you check you have enough RAM for your set-up.

The crash you have described is pretty serious, and would not be caused by an incorrect installation of the 4B patch.
Incorrect installation causes crashes-to-desktop (CTDs).

Apart from that, I regret that I cannot help. Sorry.

Stiebler.
Old 05-27-13, 05:57 AM   #161
runio
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertstriker View Post
what mods are you using?
Currently:
GWX3
ACM-GUI Reloaded - h.sie's Edition V1.15
TMT v2

But my problem is independent of mods setup - black screen appear even if i put patched exe file to clean installation SH3.

Quote:
@runio:

I understand that 'windows 7 starter' is the basic 32-bit version of WIndows 7 (just done an Internet search).
Yes, this is version installed on most 10.1 inch netbooks.

Quote:
I have no experience with this, but I suggest you check you have enough RAM for your set-up.
I have 2GB of RAM. SH3 ran smoothly even with 1GB.

I wonder if there is some problem with patch process. Stiebler, can you check a md5 sum of patched file? Mine is: 76ee27b78d395f98151073a13d16fed5
Thx for the answer.
Old 05-27-13, 06:16 AM   #162
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Did you activate the 4GB fix? 'Cause if you did, and you only have 2GB, you're likely to have problems. Try turning it off.
Old 05-27-13, 06:40 AM   #163
runio
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWalleye View Post
Did you activate the 4GB fix? 'Cause if you did, and you only have 2GB, you're likely to have problems. Try turning it off.
As i said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by runio View Post
It doesn't matter if i select all options in option selector, or deselect all.
Old 05-27-13, 08:22 AM   #164
runio
Watch

One more thing, my original SH3.exe is a SF version (according to md5 sums provided by h.sie). Maybe this cause a problem?
Old 05-27-13, 09:29 AM   #165
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Runio,

This is a puzzling problem.

I don't think an MD5 check serves any purpose, because it depends on which options are selected.

There is clearly a fault:
Either with your patch. (You should make another patch. Remember you need to patch a copy of SH3.exe already modified by H.sie's patch. Make sure you are using the correct copy of SH3.exe.)
Or with the other changes you need to make to other files. Have you made these other changes?

In particular, if you are using GWX, you must make sure that all references to the CAM-ship are removed. Remove the CAM-ship from the 4B patch package, where you will find it as M36B in the package folder data\sea\M36B (remove the whole M36B folder). Also remove the M36B reference in data\roster\Sea\british\.

There are two key tests you need to perform:
1. Remove the Stiebler 4b patch - I presume you installed it with JSGME - but leave in place H.sie's patch. Does the game still run properly?
2. Download from the link below the special GWX patch that I made for the game, because so many people reported CTDs due to the M36B problem. The patch below contains all the changes needed, and can replace the original 4B patch folder. But you must still provide the patched SH3.exe file.

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

3. If the crashes continue, do they occur when you first double-click on the sh3.exe icon? Or do they occur after you have entered the main menu of the game?
This is an important diagnostic.
4. Finally, make sure that you remove ALL other mods (except H.sie V16G1 patch) from your game before applying the Stiebler 4B patches. Test after the 4b patch is in place, and before you add any other mods.

Better luck next time!
Stiebler.