SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-19, 07:33 AM   #1516
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niume View Post
Is stiebler patch integrated in this mod? Is i easy to install ?
Yes, and yes. Takes some editing of text files though. It's easy enough to do, but one has to know how to do it.
The instructions tell what is needed.
Old 02-24-19, 08:22 PM   #1517
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 4

I should add, editing files only pertains to using hsie's/Stiebler's patches on non-NYGM mods.
The work is already done for you when using NYGM.
Old 03-07-19, 06:14 AM   #1518
ThePrody
not dead yet

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 1

it would be great if someone would make a mod that will activate Penang as a base , the mod has Indian Ocean traffic but since you cannot refit your sub at any Asian base, there isn't any incentive to linger in those waters until the end of the war .
ThePrody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-19, 08:58 AM   #1519
ZorroJusticiero
Swabbie

Downloads: 82
Uploads: 0
Default SHIII Mods NYGM

Buebnos dias caballeros, he instalado estos mods NYGM, funciona todo perfectamente, excepto los zafarranchos de combate, repariciones,zafarrancho aereo, , y bajo el agua. Al clickar los iconos correspondientes no interactuan. Cunado se instala latripulación mnaualmente en sus puestos de combate, reparaicon y navegación, entonces si funcionan y bien. >Mi pregunta es ; si es esto normal con estos mods, y que haya que situar manualmente la dotacion en sus puestos para qeu actuen.Cordial saludo a todos. Gracias por su deferencia
ZorroJusticiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 03:47 PM   #1520
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
wolf_howl15 Maybe I do not understand something?

Hi, all.

Mod: Anvart_Stiebler_TurmsR01R02 ???
I was very surprised when I saw this mod name. I did not take part in this work... this is a pure self-activity of Stiebler. Many years ago, I animated DF antenna for NYGM, so you see the string 'Edited by Anvart'. I looked at the turms * .dat files ... from Turm2A_1_hd.dat to Turm7a_1_hd.dat no one edited the files after me... the rest of the files have traces of editing after me. Obviously, Stiebler edited the files... he said about above. Therefore, the string 'Anvart_' in the name of the mod is not true... must be 'Stiebler_TurmsR01R02'. What were done in this mod, I do not know, but something made me puzzled... see the pictures. Of course there was a period when the rotating radar antennas were mounted on the turms where an antenna case was absent. These antennas did not move Up/Down and such antenna was mounted in a special thickening of the wall of observation deck. So I do not understand what Stiebler wanted to do.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 04-03-19 at 03:55 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 03:57 PM   #1521
Anvart
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Many years ago I suggested using the State Machine Control System of behavior of NPC (crew) for animation of various objects (not NPC). I made a few mods to show what to do and how to do... IIRC: DF antenna, Radar antenna, submarines Flags, pennants, open hatch and so on (the best pupil was Diving Duck)... Therefore, all constructions animated in this way became sensitive to compression parameters:

If the player uses compression that exceeds the parameter 'CharacterAnim', then the animated structure loses the compulsory animation and takes the initial position.
Compression parametres in NYGM 2017 not correct:

and look this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...49&postcount=7

Last edited by Anvart; 04-03-19 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-03-19, 04:02 PM   #1522
Anvart
Admiral

wolf_howl15 About radar antenna Up/Down...

Many years ago, I offered Stiebler to introduce my new mod 'FM30_UpDown' into his mega mod, but he did not accept my proposal... he said that he was satisfied with my first mod on this theme, in which I used the Dial controller for raise/lower of antenna.
And suddenly I find out from 'Radar Rotation Problem' and from other threads that Tycho and Stiebler are inserting my mods into NYGM without even talking me about it. But the most unpleasant thing is that Tycho, not understanding, not knowing my work, is misleading the readers of his stupid writings. I skimmed through the NYGM_2017A files ... at first glance, he accurately copied my work to NYGM ... but there are inaccuracies.

Since Tycho"s knowledge is limited, he engaged not used (absurd) commands ("Not used").

Last edited by Anvart; 09-08-20 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-03-19, 06:29 PM   #1523
Anvart
Admiral

wolf_howl15 H.sie code in sh3.exe

Many years ago I asked H.sie to find in the hard code (sh3.exe) the initialization of the Fumo30 radar and turn it off. He did it. But he added the second fix for prevent the radar from being turned off during a high wave (stormy sea) into the same patch where the first fix was... Since 2005, 2006, for this purpose, moders have used the simple editing of the MinSensorHeight parameter in the SensorData radar property. For example, assign MinSensorHeight = -2 and the radar will turn off when PvP antennas reach 2 meters below water level. In other words, the second fix of the she.exe file was not needed... The second fix led to the impossibility of applying the first fix (fixes are in one patch). The second fix led to a disruption the synchronization of radar work and antenna rotation ... IIRC, the antenna could rotate up to 12 ... 13 meters when submerging the submarine.

What I said now I have said repeatedly.

P.S.
If Stiebler doesn't mind, I wanted him to remove the second fix from the patch... then everyone could use the first fix.
Good luck.

Last edited by Anvart; 04-04-19 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-04-19, 08:55 AM   #1524
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
....But the most unpleasant thing is that Tycho, not understanding, not knowing my work, is misleading the readers of his stupid writings. ....
i don't believe that Tycho is stupid. On the contrary , he is one of the best around and have offered many very (and i mean VERY) usefull additions.

But the theme is that you can't talk with these rude expressions for other members in public.
Would you like it if other members start talking to you in the same style ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 09:30 AM   #1525
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Anvart
By the way, it's the umpteenth time you come back to this topic,
For example here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...postcount=1233

We understand your point of view, you don't need to remember it us in Aeternum, I don't think anyone has called you into question / offended as you do.

Last edited by hauangua; 04-04-19 at 09:45 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 10:05 AM   #1526
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Might I suggest any misgivings and or concerns be taken to PM please.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-19, 07:11 PM   #1527
Anvart
Admiral

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Anvart
By the way, ...
Captain do not drive the wave... obviously you do not understand much.

Old 04-05-19, 02:14 AM   #1528
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

Sorry Jimbuna you right, just my last think..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
... obviously you do not understand much.
Thank God ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

"Certo sono più sapiente io di quest'uomo, anche se poi, probabilmente, tutti e due non sappiamo proprio un bel niente; soltanto che lui crede di sapere e non sa nulla, mentre io, se non so niente, ne sono per lo meno convinto, perciò, un tantino di più ne so di costui, non fosse altro per il fatto che ciò che non so, nemmeno credo di saperlo.“ — Socrate, cap. 6

Last edited by hauangua; 04-05-19 at 02:51 AM.
hauangua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-19, 02:35 PM   #1529
Anvart
Admiral

wolf_howl15 Moses said...

"Shall not create for yourself an idol, captain."

Moses.

Old 04-09-19, 10:31 AM   #1530
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
i don't believe that Tycho is stupid. On the contrary , he is one of the best around and have offered many very (and i mean VERY) usefull additions.

But the theme is that you can't talk with these rude expressions for other members in public.
Would you like it if other members start talking to you in the same style ?
Of course he can, he did that many times without consequences. So, it is obvious, a matter of choice. I'm a little tempted to also try that.
I barely remember what his problem is. Something about the way I use the radar.
Of course, I will continue to use it that way. My antennas, radars and flags are long ago setup how I want, and don't even think about that anymore.

About my attempt to integrate radar, antenna and flag mods in NYGM!
Was some years ago. I already have them in my NYGM based installation, and thought, I can make this for NYGM and give them to Stiebler.
I can not know who to whom, what was offered, why and when refused, and so on. I ask Stiebler, are you want, he say OK.
I take the available at this time versions and transfer them one to one to the NYGM files.
At this time, parallel is running the topic "Radar rotation problem", where this person began to stink about the way, we discuss and experiment with things.
From all there, I understood that, he think that there is only one way, his way. And no one can try, experiment, discuss and play with something different.
After that, I have no desire to have anything common with this.
From then I have no occasions to communicate with Stiebler.
So, about "NYGM_2017A", I have no idea what is inside.
And what are these key commands, I don't have key commands.
I don't use this patch, it is incompatible with my game, need to be manually integrated, don't found time for this yet.
So, don't put me there, and generally, don't bother me with yourself.

Tags
torpedos through hull