SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-16-13, 02:53 PM   #76
redline202
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
To do this you can set the spawn area very large - ship will spawn within that area with a random outcome. Same with the waypoints - just make them large.
If you check the ship properties when selected in ME2 - you can see further spawn chance and delay modifiers
Thanks a lot Trevally, im gonna try that
Old 03-15-14, 06:17 AM   #77
Weinstube
Watch

Downloads: 212
Uploads: 0
Default Viewing Harbors in Editor

After addiing the data\Terrain\LocationMaps\editor locations.mis as an "Existing Mission" to my project “Wilhelmshafen” I happily could now re-adjust the place of some of my ships in the harbour (Wilhelmshafen) .
But helas it seems I can’t manage to find the right way to save the mission as a game mission now.
After having saved the mission as a game mission to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Silent Hunter 5\data\Wilhelmshafen\ Wilhelmshafen.misge

I get this warning: There are some unsaved missions in your project.

Can somebody please help.
Weinstube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-14, 08:26 AM   #78
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

editor locations.mis are map marker only and is not the actual harbour.
The harbours are objects placed in your game and will be there in all single missions.
If you want to move or change a harbour - you must use the object editor to do this.

Also - if you are making missions with more than one layer - it becomes a campaign project and thus can not be saved as a single mission

Where you do want to use layers in single mission - you can open the .mis files with a text editor and merge them into one file. This can then be saved as a single mission.
Old 03-17-14, 05:54 AM   #79
Weinstube
Watch

Downloads: 212

Thanks Trevally for your response!

Indeed editor locations.mis are map marker; added as an Existing Mission in the Mission-editor they mark the harbours on the map. But also as you know the editor locations.mis can project the construction, the lay-out of some harbour on the editor map (see kylania’s SH5 Mission Editor, updated 4/9/2010, Subject: Viewing Harbors in the Editor).
Adopted this instruction in my mission “Wilhelmshafen” I could’nt safe this mission very well. After: Save as a Game Mission I got invariably the message: There are unsaved missions in your project.
Think the problem has been solved now, with the following procedure:

Mission Editor
New Project: Wilhelmshafen
Add Existing Mission: ….Silent Hunter\data]Terrain\Location Maps\ editor_locations.mis (see Kilania)
Save Mission
Close Project
Open the editor again and type under Open Recent Project: Wilhelmshafen and under Add New Mission: Wilhelmshafen 01/1942
Zoom out the map on Wilhelmshafen and touch the button: Map Location Edit Mode (Kilania ibidem)
Put some vessels in the harbour, or your submarine, just as you like
After filling in the Parameters and Validating the mission, save Wilhelmshafen.misge as a Game Mission
Check .misge extension in the Windows Explorer
That’s all.
Weinstube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-14, 10:12 AM   #80
mwlue
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Hi there,
What's the unit of DelayedEntryTime & DelayedEntryInterval in mission editor for random generated group???

Thank you.
mwlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-14, 10:30 AM   #81
mwlue
Swabbie

Downloads: 2

Hi there,
What's the unit of DelayedEntryTime & DelayedEntryInterval in mission editor for random generated group??? And their effect?

Thank you.
mwlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-14, 07:55 AM   #82
Submariner750
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 22
Default Duplicate Ships

Hello there!

I was wondering if anyone had come across the problem of duplicate ships in a user generated mission before. I have only placed one of them, and yet when i start the mission there are two of them in each place tangled together. Does anyone know what causes this?

Many thanks!
Submariner750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-15, 12:55 PM   #83
YoYo
Ensign

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 2

Hello,

I back to SH5 from the poor release + Wolves of Steel. The new game!

Id like to create simply test missions but always Im in Long/Lat 0' 0' (not in my position from Editor) . Any ideas why?

Mission:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/71wlur

Btw. I see that I registered 10 years ago .... ! Yep, it was great time with SH2 and 3.
YoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-16, 09:48 AM   #84
larrygene
Watch

Downloads: 377
Default I need a mission editor

thank u so very much, I like creating some cool mission that I know I can sink ships you modders r so great at what u do for us peeon's hahaha. keep up the good work mattie.
larrygene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-16, 01:47 PM   #85
Ashikaga
Commodore

Downloads: 31

Looks great ! Will make a wolfpack mission in the future and post it if it works

Ashikaga.
Ashikaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-17, 09:40 AM   #86
OldCoder
Soundman

Downloads: 24

Noob editor question.

When I open MissionEditor2 I see a lot of pop-ups during startup such as

Engine Message
Could not make sense of RecManualCategory = Other in Data\Sea\JPFish01\JPFish01.cfg as (null)

Anything to worry about?
OldCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-17, 06:08 PM   #87
totheorder
Mate

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 5

Default CTD

After making several single missions, I keep getting a CTD. Are there any known issues in placing units, waypoints, adding Aircraft, etc?

Are there objectives which are more buggy than others? After about 5 or 10 minutes, I get the dreaded CTD. I'm adding about 15 to 20 units including air, sub, sea and land. Always validate mission w/ no errors, but without fail a CTD is not far behind after a 5-10 minutes of game play.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4928
RUSTED GLORY SH5 (lights only & no rusted exteriors)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5311
STAINED BEAUTY SH5
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5152
RAISED REVENGE SH5
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=5314
totheorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 10:27 AM   #88
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by totheorder View Post
After making several single missions, I keep getting a CTD. Are there any known issues in placing units, waypoints, adding Aircraft, etc?

Are there objectives which are more buggy than others? After about 5 or 10 minutes, I get the dreaded CTD. I'm adding about 15 to 20 units including air, sub, sea and land. Always validate mission w/ no errors, but without fail a CTD is not far behind after a 5-10 minutes of game play.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
IIRC, something from New UIs mod causes all single missions to CTD after approximately 24h of sim time (sometimes even less). Or it could be some other mod, cant remember really. Please, tell us if you find out something regarding this issue...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-17, 04:53 PM   #89
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
IIRC, something from New UIs mod causes all single missions to CTD after approximately 24h of sim time (sometimes even less). Or it could be some other mod, cant remember really. Please, tell us if you find out something regarding this issue...
I seem to remember the same
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-17, 03:37 AM   #90
aniballecter
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Hi, I'm new working with mission editor SH5. I was more comfortable with ME SH3. I've found the same problem when I create a new single mission. After 24 hrs sailing, the game CTD. Doesn't matter with mods loaded or not. I tried with no mods loaded and the game CTD too.
aniballecter is offline   Reply With Quote