Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 02-20-09, 03:22 AM   #1
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default DCS Black Shark

I know many of you vomit at the sound of it because Starforce is included. But damned if it isn't the finest combat simulator I've seen since Jane's F-18. A very polished product - wasn't released too early, and a true combat simulator. I know it has Starforce, but the download version does NOT contain any drivers just an online activation system. If you are objecting at any support of SF in any form I can completely understand that...But you are missing out on the finest modern air combat simulation in 10 years.

A truly unique subject matter with the finest presentation and modeling I've seen in air combat sims since Janes was around. Very glad I took the plunge.

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 03:42 AM   #2
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

I've been meaning to buy this one for some time now... might actually get the D/L version today.

EDIT: Ooor not. Stupid POS payment thingy keeps telling my card number doesnt match the card. Gah, keep your fricking game.

Last edited by Dowly; 02-20-09 at 04:12 AM.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 05:07 AM   #3
BilboSmeggins
Sailor man

Downloads: 1

Is this available as a hard copy? I don't think my download speed could cope with such a big file........
BilboSmeggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-09, 07:30 AM   #4
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Yup, but not yet.
Old 02-22-09, 05:09 PM   #5
porphy
Commodore

Downloads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
I know many of you vomit at the sound of it because Starforce is included. But damned if it isn't the finest combat simulator I've seen since Jane's F-18. A very polished product - wasn't released too early, and a true combat simulator. I know it has Starforce, but the download version does NOT contain any drivers just an online activation system. If you are objecting at any support of SF in any form I can completely understand that...But you are missing out on the finest modern air combat simulation in 10 years.

A truly unique subject matter with the finest presentation and modeling I've seen in air combat sims since Janes was around. Very glad I took the plunge.

PD
Congrats PeriscopeDepth! The Black Shark is very good indeed, and I wouldn't miss out on this one. The feeling of how the beast moves and react to the inputs, and then get it to do exactly what you want it to do is something unique, at least for me.

I hear the upcoming A-10 sim will have an even more sophisticated flight physics simulation... In that case people really should start training with the Shark now. Trying to hover properly with only the Flight Director engaged is an challenging excercise in constant input corrections.

Edit: Dowly, try to buy the download version before you start the party with beers and vodka, instead of doing this afterwards. You might then get the card number right...

"A paranoid is simply someone in possession of all the facts."
W. B.
porphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 09:39 AM   #6
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Quote:
Very glad I took the plunge.
+1^10

DCS:BS is something very, very special IMHO. I've had it for a couple of months now, and I just LOVE the beastess (it's a she of course). The FM fidelity / quality is just top-notch, as is the systems modelling. I've never seen a better sim in my life - honest!

PS. Dowly, jos sulla on Visa Electron se usein (aina?) kusee ulkomailta ostettaessa
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 09:48 AM   #7
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama
PS. Dowly, jos sulla on Visa Electron se usein (aina?) kusee ulkomailta ostettaessa
Sehän se. Muuten toiminu moitteetta, mutta tuo Black Sharkin jutska ei taho toimia. Tullu ostettua 4-6 peliä ulkomailta tällä Visalla ja hyvin on toiminut. Noh, mutta, täytynee odotella boxi-versioo.

Viikonloppuja!

-Teemu
Old 02-27-09, 09:57 AM   #8
msalama
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 99

Samoin
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 01:25 PM   #9
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

What are good system specs to have.

I'm a P$ 3.2 Ghz weith 2.5GB RAM and an 8500GT GFX.

If that can't play it at half decent settings I'm not going to bother.
Old 02-28-09, 01:19 AM   #10
PeriscopeDepth
Sea Lord

Downloads: 6

Q: What are DCS: Black Shark minimum specifications?
A: Although not final, we project the minimum specification to be as follows: CPU: 2 GHz; RAM: 1 GB; Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce FX with 256 MB of RAM / ATI Radeon X1300 with 256 MB of RAM or equivalent; 3 GB free HD space; Operating system: Windows XP SP2 and Vista with DirectX 9 or 10.

Maybe you'd be able to play it with low settings XabbaRus. Can you run Lock On?

PD
PeriscopeDepth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-09, 05:38 AM   #11
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Never tried.

Is there a demo?
Old 02-28-09, 05:39 PM   #12
Ubergeek87
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
Never tried.

Is there a demo?
Yep, http://www.gamershell.com/download_3533.shtml

also, here are blacksharks official requirements

Minimal system requirements: OS: Windows XP, Vista; CPU: 2 GHz; RAM: 1 GB; Graphics: 256 MB ATI or nVidia, DirectX 9 compatible; Sound card; 4 GB of free space on HDD; Copy protected, requires internet activation.

Recommended system requirements: OS: Windows Vista for launching in fullscreen mode; CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850+, AMD Phenom 9850+; RAM: 2+ GB; Graphics: 512+ MB ATI HD 2900+ or nVidia 8800+; Sound card; 4+ GB of free space on HDD; Copy protected, requires internet activation; Joystick.

Ubergeek87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-09, 03:30 PM   #13
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

The German DVD retail version has the same protection as the download version, it requires key activation over internet ...according to the manual, no need of DVD in drive after installation.
Old 03-08-09, 06:01 PM   #14
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriscopeDepth
Yes, stab me from behind, turn the blade inside the wound, honour my pain with yelling laughter... I'm not vomitting, PD, and I know that this sim was made for me. On the other hand, since I heared the bad news on SF and DRM, I have already forgotten about the sim, almost.

So will you please stop reminding me of it, yes...!?
Old 05-20-10, 07:39 AM   #15
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Yaay, I learned to shoot and hover.. kinda. That building guy gonna be sorry now.