SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-24-06, 11:56 PM   #31
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220
Uploads: 0

LW - Thanks for your quick 'wire-float.'

Sorry you are still at sea and hope to see you back in port soon.

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 04:10 AM   #32
Bellman
Sea Lord

Downloads: 220

LwAmi Preview released - Am I right in seeing that TorpHoming in Doctrinal Updates dated 11th Dec,
tested in 3.0 Beta - has now in Preview, reverted to the 11th Sept doc ?

Not clear how the final patch 1.03 torp issues impinge on the LwAmi 'working issues'.
Probably been posted up somewhere and I missed it. :hmm:

I am running Preview but this field testing is just like a mugs guessing game.
Guys you go find what you think we've done !! See if you can pin a tale on the donkey !

Anyways, spleen aside, I guess before ,I turn spectator,I tested the torps (MK 48s) again and nice :|\
The 'old cake eaters have gone pickey 'again'...............now its 'Captains wifes Madeira.................
They bite on fresh CMs'again' - and are much harder to spoof -

Noticed a strange thing though - sure I wasnt hearing things because the first 48 I redirected
back started increased pinging at 1.6 nm. Great, I thought, the lads have fixed that one then !!
But then every other one did'nt. :hmm:

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity
Bellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-06, 10:28 AM   #33
Barleyman
Gunner

Downloads: 3

Now there's the dilemma.. Should I slap advanced torpedo doctrine on top of 3.00 preview? Or not?

1.03 patch states new depths for sonobuyous. However, Amiz 3.00B gives slightly different values. So which one is correct when you put 3.00B over 1.03? Dicass deep is 800ft or 600ft? Vlad shallow 600 or 800?

I quess most of the time it does not matter as I've not seen thermal layer that deep..
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-06, 09:58 PM   #34
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellman
LwAmi Preview released - Am I right in seeing that TorpHoming in Doctrinal Updates dated 11th Dec,
tested in 3.0 Beta - has now in Preview, reverted to the 11th Sept doc ?
Yes, I did revert the file, as the change I made in the 3.00B update did not matter for fixing the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman
Now there's the dilemma.. Should I slap advanced torpedo doctrine on top of 3.00 preview? Or not?
The Advanced Doctrine is a demonstrator of scripting technology, and may cause some errors because it is not fully integrated into the mod. I believe Amizaur is going to include such features into his complete doctrine-level remake of all the playable torpedoes, when it is ready, hopefully for LWAMI 3.01.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleyman
]1.03 patch states new depths for sonobuyous. However, Amiz 3.00B gives slightly different values. So which one is correct when you put 3.00B over 1.03? Dicass deep is 800ft or 600ft? Vlad shallow 600 or 800?
After a long discussion with SCS and some members of the community, Jamie came up with these new figures for DW 1.03, and we all pretty much decided that his numbers are the best, so the Mod now uses stock DW 1.03 numbers, which are:

DIFAR 90/400ft (as before)
DICASS 90/800ft
VLAD 600/1200ft

I hope you are enjoying LWAMI 3.00 Preview.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-27-06, 10:12 PM   #35
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Do the SS-N-2s have a command guide option now? I saw some Styx missiles get shot then vear their course (before enabling) twards me and then fip on their seekers and home in.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-06, 03:48 AM   #36
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

We haven't changed anything with the missiles in general for LWAMI 3.00 like what you are describing.

It's most likely that the missiles enabled just as you were on the boundary of their seeker cones and they turned towards you only after they got a NewTrack for you.
Old 02-28-06, 04:29 AM   #37
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

So has the latest version been released?
Old 02-28-06, 11:19 AM   #38
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuftWolf
We haven't changed anything with the missiles in general for LWAMI 3.00 like what you are describing.

It's most likely that the missiles enabled just as you were on the boundary of their seeker cones and they turned towards you only after they got a NewTrack for you.
The missile did a 70-80 degree turn! Thats some seeker cone!

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-06, 11:37 AM   #39
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAM Strike
Quote:

The missile did a 70-80 degree turn! Thats some seeker cone!
I dunno what to say, but it's not from anything we did!

Xabba, LWAMI 3.00 Preview available at the CADC is the latest version, and it lacks only the rewrite for the readme and one or two very minor changes in the database. I will do more as my RL allows.
Old 02-28-06, 02:59 PM   #40
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Cool, you get my PM re SSBNs firing missiles?
Old 03-01-06, 08:17 AM   #41
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Would it be possible to add the Ohio-Florida to the mod as SSGN's with craploads of TLAMs in the DB?
Old 03-01-06, 04:10 PM   #42
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

It is definately in the cards to have the Ohio SSBN converted to SSGN.

I am going to make the change once in the database, so I have to look at Xabba's new Ohio SSGN model so I make sure I get the position of the launchers correct.

Also, I am going to equip the Ohio's with TASM's not TLAM's, unless anyone has any major objections.

BTW, does the AI use TLAM's and other land attack missile effectively? I can't recall ever seeing the AI engage a land target on its own with land attack missiles... then again, it's been a long time since I sat down with DW to actually play a single player mission.
Old 03-01-06, 04:32 PM   #43
sonar732
The Old Man

Downloads: 6

Quote:

Also, I am going to equip the Ohio's with TASM's not TLAM's, unless anyone has any major objections.

BTW, does the AI use TLAM's and other land attack missile effectively? I can't recall ever seeing the AI engage a land target on its own with land attack missiles... then again, it's been a long time since I sat down with DW to actually play a single player mission.
I have an objection to the TASM's. I wouldn't have a problem with the ability to choose either TASM or TLAM like the 688i's. The true mission for the new Ohio class SSGN is for TLAM and special forces deployment.

Does Bills' Red Storm Rising campaign use AI TLAM launch and then follow the Boston to safer waters? I haven't played it yet myself.
sonar732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-06, 06:20 PM   #44
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonar732
Quote:

I have an objection to the TASM's. I wouldn't have a problem with the ability to choose either TASM or TLAM like the 688i's. The true mission for the new Ohio class SSGN is for TLAM and special forces deployment.

Does Bills' Red Storm Rising campaign use AI TLAM launch and then follow the Boston to safer waters? I haven't played it yet myself.
LW, yes, the AI will fire TLAMs at known land targets. I don't really "object," but I did have a reason for asking for TLAMs instead; part of it is sonar's objection above, the other part is simply that even if we wanted a TASM shooter, the missiles are generally ineffective.

RSR includes a TLAM strike in which a player controlled and two AI subs fire TLAMs.