SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-20-13, 06:07 AM   #1
cherbert
Engineer

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 0
Default Were these problems ever fixed?

Back when I first played SH4 I remember two annoying bugs and I wondered if any of them ever got fixed?

1) Crew not having any eyes

2) Specifically in the UBoat Missions Expansion I remember a pretty bad bug that was confirmed regarding the UBoat not responding to the waves as it moved through the sea.
cherbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 01:51 PM   #2
auricom
Mate

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0

Crew not having eyes - I have heard alt-tabbing out of the game is what causes this, and is to be avoided at all costs. I have also heard that turning off 'volumetric fog' in graphics options can help resolve a lot of graphical glitches with the game. I am fairly alt-tab happy. I just ignore the missing eyes if it happens, which is rarely. It doesn't really affect gameplay.

Uboat not moving in waves -- I have never seen this one happen, sorry. I do know a lot of gameplay bugs are caused from corrupt savegames when you save with lots of other ships in the area. Avoid saving while near a convoy or enemy ships and try to do your saves in the open ocean, or in port. I used to be obsessive about 'staying alive' and saving constantly, but I just learned to not care and load up the next campaign when I die instead .. It's more realistic anyways that way

All that being said, any bugs that were present in UBM when you played it are still there. UBI never issued a bugfix patch for the game, and never will.
auricom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 09:35 PM   #3
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbert View Post
1) Crew not having any eyes

2) Specifically in the UBoat Missions Expansion I remember a pretty bad bug that was confirmed regarding the UBoat not responding to the waves as it moved through the sea.
#1. I think the matter of the eyes is more or less fixed. Maybe not perfect, but pretty good.

#2. If you are talking about the "sub on rails" effect, I think this is better, at least in the US boats. If you are asking if the physics are highly detailed/realistic, then no, not fixed.

Of course I'm talking about using mods, not Ubi patches.
TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote