SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-13, 05:16 PM   #1
morra707
Watch

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0
Default Which OM Patch for RSRDC and OMEGU.

Can I use OM v720 "patch 4 or 5" when installing OMEGU AND OMEGU optional Mods in my OM installation? OM readme from silenthuntermods.com says "Patch 3" if I use OMEGU plus OMEGU optional mods with RSRDC (see below)

There were instructions for a OM v720 "patch 4" installation in the same download readme if NOT choosing to use OMEGU. There was a patch 4 in exsistance.

My Question again: "Could I use the latest "OM v720 Patch 4 or 5" with OMEGU and OMEGU optional mods on my OM+RSRDC+OMEGU+OMEGU Optional mods installation, or must I use OM v720 Patch version 3. Relevant readme below. I need to know if "latest" v720 patch 4 or 5 will work 100%.

Also could I use the latest OMEGU patch. As you can see by the highlighted lines there are diffent versions of patches to be used with different configurations.

I can't seem to find OM v720 Patch 3.

Thanks.

"Readme:
If you wish to play US Navy and Uboat operations

RSRDC v550
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch4

If you wish to play US Navy and Uboat operations and use OMEGU

RSRDC v550
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch3
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 5A

I WANT THIS INSTALLATION BELOW:

If you wish to play US Navy and Uboat operations and use OMEGU plus optional OMEGU mods:

RSRDC v550
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
OM v705
OM v720
OM v720 Patch3
OMEGU v300
OMEGU v300 Patch 6

Thanks
morra707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-13, 06:33 PM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Leave off RSRDC entirely. It is for Pacific campaigns, not Atlantic. RSRDC and OM were done by the same person, Lurker.

If you want to run separate campaigns in both theaters it is best to use MultiSH4 and have two different game installations, one for TMO or RFB + RSRDC and one for OM + OMEGU.
Old 05-22-13, 01:43 PM   #3
morra707
Watch

Thanks Sailor Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Leave off RSRDC entirely. It is for Pacific campaigns, not Atlantic. RSRDC and OM were done by the same person, Lurker.

If you want to run separate campaigns in both theaters it is best to use MultiSH4 and have two different game installations, one for TMO or RFB + RSRDC and one for OM + OMEGU.
I Will look for MultiSH4 at the site. I was trying to save space. I assume then I can't use current versions of all patches etc. and have both modded campaigns for both theaters in same installation.

PS. Is there any way I can play the american or british side in the German campaign in the atlantic theater, even if i go about my own way without a mission in the mission screen?

Maybe the only way would be to open individual OM missions in mission editor and my "the player" in a allied vessel and just play a bunch of single missions?

Thanks Sailor!

Morra.
Old 05-22-13, 03:45 PM   #4
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by morra707 View Post
I Will look for MultiSH4 at the site.
Sorry, my bad. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1110

Quote:
I was trying to save space. I assume then I can't use current versions of all patches etc. and have both modded campaigns for both theaters in same installation.
Not really. There are files in RFB, TMO and OM that overwrite each other. Also, unlike its predecessor SH4 doesn't provide for both German and American voices. You have to switch back and forth if you want to play campaigns from both sides in the same game.

Quote:
PS. Is there any way I can play the american or british side in the German campaign in the atlantic theater, even if i go about my own way without a mission in the mission screen?
I don't think so, but I don't know much about making things work different ways in the game.
Old 05-22-13, 05:46 PM   #5
morra707
Watch

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Sorry, my bad. http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1110

Not really. There are files in RFB, TMO and OM that overwrite each other. Also, unlike its predecessor SH4 doesn't provide for both German and American voices. You have to switch back and forth if you want to play campaigns from both sides in the same game.

I don't think so, but I don't know much about making things work different ways in the game.
I dloaded MultiSH4 and found some good threads. I will just copy folders over and make many modded games.

You guys are just making having fun with this too easy!

Thanks

Morra.
Old 06-24-13, 02:03 PM   #6
Ale6
Nub

Downloads: 154

Ale6 is offline   Reply With Quote