SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-19-09, 02:34 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

It's nice to see how many people you can count on here!

It's that time, when I start going over my books, and add up the server fees for the year, the expenses for gifts and contest prizes I give out during the year, the expenses incurred by Subsim meets and events, costs I shell out for people who help with the website.

There was a time when Google Ads and games sold through Chips and Bits provided most of what it takes to run the site. But many people block ads now, and Chips is long gone, replaced with Amazon (who does not pay nearly as much)...plus there are not many sub games to sell these days. The awesomeness of GWX and their donation-download window is several years in the past.

So, it's time for the end of the year fundraiser. Just a friendly reminder that your support keeps this website active and thriving. It pays the bills, allows me to send little gifts to the people who make the forums interesting in the form of Ping Prizes, and hold fun contests. Through your support, I can send small stipends to artists like Torplexed and our Werewolf Hunt artist Ana Mirela, our downloads artist Danlisa, our book reviewer Subnuts, our news editor Bill Nichols, our great moderators, our downloads managers Sailor Steve and Laufen Zum Ziel, and so many more people who make this website a fun place to visit and hang out. It also compensates me, the admin, for the hundreds of hours I spend each year updating the site, working with the servers to keep them running and up to date, instaling new software, answering the numerous e-mails and PMs, fixing passwords, and helping folks with game problems. Oh yeah, and the time I spend helping moderate and manage mod group rivalries, lol.

Some of you have donated recently, and for that I say thanks and sit back, this message is for the members who have not thought about it in a while, and those who have never kicked in a little help.

As always, your support is greatly appreciated as only a Texan can do it--thanks, pardner!

Neal
SUBSIM
Old 12-19-09, 02:57 PM   #2
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I apologize for beating a dead horse, but I feel compelled to tell a personal story regarding this website.

In early 2000, I was an internet novice. Playing submarine simulations without knowledge of patches and mods, I was contemplating my favorite sim, Janes 688(i), and lamenting the problems in the program. On a whim, I ventured into the virtual wasteland in an effort to find a program that could fix the problems with my program. I found the latest patches. More importantly, I found a link to SubSim.com's Fix My 688(i) petition. These were the people responsible for reparing my game. Soon thereafter, I found myself frequenting the site increasingly.

SubSim.com has sustained my hobby for a decade. There is no website as such that is wholely dedicated to submarine and naval simulations. If you feel even remotely as I do, please, please consider donating even $5. Neal does not ask for aid but in the most dire of times, and I, as you, would wish SubSim.com and long and healthy future. Without it, would the world of submarine simulation be as it is? I think not.
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 04:03 PM   #3
Méo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 240

Don't be sorry..

I've answered the call as soon as I saw it.

Gave a small 10$ but it's worth it!

Personally, I would feel ingrate to benefit of this site, the privileged info and the community support all for free.

PS: not sure if the expressions i use are correct, I sometimes tend to translate literally...
Méo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 05:17 PM   #4
RickC Sniper
Undetectable

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
SubSim.com has sustained my hobby for a decade. There is no website as such that is wholely dedicated to submarine and naval simulations. If you feel even remotely as I do, please, please consider donating even $5. Neal does not ask for aid but in the most dire of times, and I, as you, would wish SubSim.com and long and healthy future. Without it, would the world of submarine simulation be as it is? I think not.
+1

Support Subsim http://www.subsim.com/store.html
RickC Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 07:18 PM   #5
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

You will find a tidy sum posted.

Merry Christmas Neal.

Last edited by AVGWarhawk; 12-19-09 at 08:11 PM.
AVGWarhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 07:26 PM   #6
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

I don't do paypal so expect a check via the USPS.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-09, 08:53 PM   #7
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Done mate! Would be lost without Subsim, one of those things in life I take for granted!!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-09, 07:51 AM   #8
RConch
Captain

Downloads: 503

I am proud to answer the call to support this wonderful site.
I have been a member since before SH II came out and have always enjoyed the benefits.
For awhile I had drifted off because my existing computer had real isssues dealing with SH III. However the yearning to play this simulation stayed with me.
I upgraded my machine, got in contact with Neal and he sent me GWX 2.1 and GWX 3.0, it was like a whole new experience in gaming. Thank you GWX team!
I wish to offer my heartfelt thanks to Neal for all the years he has kept this site going and may it continue far into the future. There is no other site like it.
Merry Christmas to all and please consider what you take away from this site and dig a bit into your wallet and lets have a great 2010 at Subsim.
Good hunting.
Old 12-21-09, 08:08 AM   #9
AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90

Come on guys...where else can you go that has complete news coverage from around the globe (GT forums), complete game coverage(new, old, ancient), specialized game coverage(SH1, SH2, SH3, SH4, and the miriad of other submarine games), coverage of books, movies and model making, computer help sections and just general nonsense that helps complete your day? It is a click one shop! Please support the things you enjoy on the internet all found at one site...Subsim!
Old 12-24-09, 04:39 PM   #10
Rebel
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 77
Default i will send you a chick

i an 5$ x 12 = 60$ one year
Old 12-22-09, 03:45 PM   #11
Thomen
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 14