SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS > Mods Workshop for Cold Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-17, 01:42 PM   #1
Ramius
Commander

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Nuke UK Subs and extras (Part of NPS&M Mod)

If you haven't downloaded and used the New Playable Subs & More Mod, then these are a few of the "playable units" you are missing out on

Submarine

SSK's

SSN's

SSGN's

SSBN's

Ships

Weapons

At present, mods can not add new models so that is why they don't look exactly correct.
The ERA for each unit is in reference to the in-game campaign.

Post will be kept updated as and when I need to review the files and send them to CaptainX.

Last edited by Ramius; 08-06-17 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Updated images and added new items
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 02:42 PM   #2
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Oooh exciting - looking forward to trying these out

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 02:45 PM   #3
Ramius
Commander

Known Issues

Trafalgar and Swiftsure
  • 5 Tube depth restriction for firing
    5 Tube speed restriction for firing

Masts not showing
  • Dreadnought
    Valliant
    Churchill

Mast Heights
  • Various - There are issues with some of the masts sticking out of the top of the fin and/or floating above it when raised. This is done so that the 50 Ft PD still works correctly.

Model Issues
  • Astute missing dome
    Torpedo colour schemes

Last edited by Ramius; 07-17-17 at 01:56 PM.
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-17, 05:56 PM   #4
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

I'll likely dive in to this later. Will be interesting to see the Upholders as this is exactly the war they were designed to fight, diver commandos and all!

As an aside, might be going too far back but, by 1968 didn't you guys still have some of the modded T and A boats. The Whisky may sort of fit the bill for the A class.
Old 07-14-17, 04:10 PM   #5
Ramius
Commander

bullhorn

1st post updated with Mike Class.

Updated files sent to CaptainX3 for next release.
Old 07-17-17, 05:14 AM   #6
Ramius
Commander

Icon14

Added a Ropucha II with the last update.

In the middle of sorting out an Udaloy II and some JMSDF boats at the moment.

Also just make it so the the MOSS can be programmed prior to launch. Its limited but does work.
Old 07-17-17, 01:57 PM   #7
Ramius
Commander

Thanks to Goldfish over on Discord for pointing out an issue with 5 Tube on the Trafalgar and Swiftsure boats. Added to list of known issues.
Old 07-17-17, 07:27 PM   #8
S09
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 5
Default Boat shapes

I'm well aware that you've probably done a lot of work on these, but the Oberon Class fin is all wrong. There were no windows in the fin and certainly no appendage at the back of the fin either. Looks more like a Foxtrot. There are no fwd foreplanes showing either. Similarly the Upholder class looks like a Kilo, again there were no windows in the fin.

Dreadnought, Valiant and Churchill class, the bows are way too pointed. The real thing had much rounder bows. The fin is also way too tall and too long horizontally. You are close with the S & T boats, except that the T boats had a much larger rudder.

The Astute class is totally wrong. It look like an Alfa.

If you want to know how I know this - its because I served on Warspite, Splendid, Sovereign and 'O' Boats. I also went onboard all the Trafalgar class boats too.
S09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 08:56 PM   #9
The Bandit
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by S09 View Post
I'm well aware that you've probably done a lot of work on these, but the Oberon Class fin is all wrong. There were no windows in the fin and certainly no appendage at the back of the fin either. Looks more like a Foxtrot. There are no fwd foreplanes showing either. Similarly the Upholder class looks like a Kilo, again there were no windows in the fin.

Dreadnought, Valiant and Churchill class, the bows are way too pointed. The real thing had much rounder bows. The fin is also way too tall and too long horizontally. You are close with the S & T boats, except that the T boats had a much larger rudder.

If you want to know how I know this - its because I served on Warspite, Splendid, Sovereign and 'O' Boats. I also went onboard all the Trafalgar class boats too.
You're quite right in all this, however at this point we cannot add 3d models to the game. What you are seeing is in-game models with different textures, different screws and often relocated dive-planes. The Soviet Foxtrot is standing in for the Oberon class and as you guessed a Kilo being used as an Upholder. Churchill and Dreadnought classes are based on the Skipjack model.
Old 07-17-17, 09:40 PM   #10
ChaosphereIX
Mate

Downloads: 38

there should be a sticky for all forums and all YT streams...everywhere...for these mods and the fact that they HAVE to use existing 3d models, so people stop commenting that "that looks like a Skipjack, not a Churchill!"

...yes, we know you know your subs, but the modders are doing their best with what they have to work with. If they could make a 3d model, don't you think they would make it accurate?
ChaosphereIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 10:02 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

S09!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-17, 06:18 PM   #12
goldfish716
Sailor man

Downloads: 14

Good work on these. Very fun.
goldfish716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-17, 05:07 AM   #13
Ramius
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by S09 View Post

Thanks for your reply. As has already been said I/We can't change the graphical models in game atm so making the best of what we have.
I did say that after all the pretty pictures :p
Old 07-20-17, 06:04 AM   #14
wastel
Watch

Downloads: 46

Astute Class..

The weapon Layout seems a bit od.
Only spearfish ab Land Missiles???
No MOSS, or anti ship Missiles?
wastel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-17, 06:49 AM   #15