SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-20, 03:29 PM   #481
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Well i don't understand it, for one the police officer seems to have acted in a similar fashion before and it still is not decided whether this was right or wrong.

How can a routine check for driving under drug influence lead to the death of the primarily unarmed driver? This drug test lasted seven minutes?? Sober or drunk, this would also have made me very "nervous".

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 07:03 PM   #482
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
VIRAL VIDEO: Rapper Lord Jamar: Black Lives Matter ‘Not Our Movement,’ ‘Given To Us By George Soros’

“I’m not a Black Lives Matter supporter,” Jamar said in an interview on SCUM.
“You’re not?” the interviewer asked in surprise.
“No, absolutely not,” responded Jamar. “Because it’s not our movement. This is a movement that was given to us by, you know, George Soros and his *******ing boys. Because they saw how things were going and they didn’t want to go back to the 60s to where we started having our own organic movements. That was a big *******ing problem for them. So let’s give the people a movement that we can control. We’ll provide them the leaders and all this type of s**t. That’s what black lives matter is.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/viral...ign=benshapiro
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 07:59 PM   #483
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post

The Daily Wire, eh...?...

Wikipedia: The Daily Wire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire

Quote:

Controversies

According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified", including reports on protesters digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL's widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies. According to FactCheck.org, The Daily Wire incorrectly credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org reported that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.

The Daily Wire has published articles expressing skepticism that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Climate scientists have described the articles as being inaccurate and misleading.

The investigative website Popular Information accused The Daily Wire in October 2019 of violating Facebook's policies by creating 14 anonymous pages promoting its content exclusively to boost engagement. A new Facebook policy might force them to add their ownership to their pages. Facebook told Popular Information that it would take no action against The Daily Wire.

That source is so full of holes, its not even watertight, much less airtight; the publication; Daily Wire is little more than a sensationalist, Right-Wing rumor/conspiracy mill; the questionable nature of its 'reliable' source. rapper Lord Jamar, is further tainted given the rapper's history as a crack cocaine dealer...

<O>
Old 07-02-20, 09:16 PM   #484
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Haha, you can't this stuff up.

Quote:
The teenagers shot in Seattle’s Capitol Hill Organized Protest area earlier this week were being chased after stealing a Jeep at knifepoint — and one sobbed, “I don’t want to die” after the bullets started flying, according to a report.

Antonio Mays Jr., 16, said that he and a 14-year-old boy were being chased and shot at early Monday after they “beat someone up and took” their vehicle at knifepoint, his so-called “street sister,” Ciara Walker, told DailyMail.com.

Walker told the pair to head to the police precinct in the CHOP zone, telling them, “You will be safe there — nothing will happen to you.”

“Next thing I heard the crashing and pop pop pop, and one of them screamed, ‘Ah s–t I’m hit, I don’t wanna die,'” Walker told the Mail. “Then the phone went dead.”

Mays was killed and his younger passenger left in critical condition.

Walker insisted the pair were “not gang members” even though they “hung out with Blood gang members.”

They told her one of the cars that chased them — allegedly firing shots — had “security” written on the side of it.

“They drove into the CHOP zone not to ambush the sleeping protesters but for their own safety,” Walker told the outlet.

“And it ended up costing at least one of them their life.”

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 07-02-20 at 09:38 PM.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 01:31 AM   #485
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
The Daily Wire, eh...?...

Wikipedia: The Daily Wire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Wire

That source is so full of holes, its not even watertight, much less airtight; the publication; Daily Wire is little more than a sensationalist, Right-Wing rumor/conspiracy mill; the questionable nature of its 'reliable' source. rapper Lord Jamar, is further tainted given the rapper's history as a crack cocaine dealer...

<O>
Are Snopes and Wikipedia unbiased?

Furthermore, much of the quote is the rapper's opinion about the movement. I think he's allowed to feel suspicion towards their motives if he wants to. They haven't outlawed that yet (although maybe that's what some people would want to do). As a disclaimer, I don't agree with many of his opinions (especially re: sexual minorities), so all the usual attack dogs can hold their horses.

The quotes from Lord Jamar are accurate; I found the video of him with about two seconds of searching. The Daily Wire is 100% accurate. Then again, maybe you can provide evidence that the guy in the video isn't him??? Part of the Daily Wire's evil sneakiness, using a body double, maybe??

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRCwe7J_4YE

Are you really concerned about his use of cocaine, or do you just not like him for not having the right opinion? If he was a cocaine user/dealer who liked George Soros and foamed at the mouth about right wingers, etc would you still be so worried about him dealing drugs? Thank you.

Last edited by iambecomelife; 07-05-20 at 01:48 AM.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 02:28 AM   #486
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Are Snopes and Wikipedia unbiased?

I don't know; do you have any real, verifiable proof that they are biased or that there is a bias in their of actual facts based on verifiable public record in regards to either the nature, content, or failed reportage of Daily Wire or any evidence Daily Wire is, itself, unbiased?...

... or do you just hate fake news only when it doesn't have the right opinion?...

If you do have some real verifiable proof, in public record, that back up your claims of bias, you are welcome to share them...

Quote:

Furthermore, much of the quote is the rapper's opinion about Black Lives Matter. I think he's allowed to feel suspicion towards their motives if he wants to. They haven't outlawed that yet (although maybe that's what some people would want to do).

At no point did I make reference to his right to make an opinion or his suspicions; he can say whatever he pleases and think whatever he wishes, much as you can, and, (gasp!!) even I can; but opinion is not always fact and thought is not always reality; there has to be a solid base of evidence to make either opinion or thought fact...

Nice try on trying ti deflect from the actual issue by dredging up a straw man 'free speech' argument; transparent attempts at patriotic puffery to hide a paucity of substantive arguments is always amusing; I seem to recall a saying about trying to use patriotism as a refuge...

Quote:

Are you really concerned about his use of cocaine, or do you just not like him for not having the right opinion?

No, I just tend to doubt the character and validity of persons with such backgrounds; even in court trials, or even in the consideration of potential witness, the character of the individual is a valid and recognized metric; the nature of his opinions have no bearing; his ability to stand up as a reliable and/or credible witness does have a bearing...

Also, to clarify a mischaracterization you made in your posting; I don't know for a fact if 'Lord Jamar' used cocaine, but it is a matter of record and his own self admission he was a crack cocaine dealer; crack dealers, from what I've heard from cops I've talked to and from numerous reports in various media, are quite likely to make personal use of their product, one reason LEOs are not very keen on having to handle them; as I just said, I don't know if he used, but it is known 'Lord Jamar' was, in point of fact, an actual dealer, which make him someone who was making his living, such as it was, off the sufferings and agonies of other persons for his own personal profit, a level of scum that is subterranean...

Now, if you really want to make and base your arguments on the utterances of a self-acknowledged criminal who has proven to have shown no regard for human life if it interferes with his 'business' and who would not make even a passable witness under normal circumstances, well, that speaks volumes about the substance and nature of the argument you are making and the depths taken to attempt to pass it off as fact...

As far as my concerns, let's just say I do have legitimate concerns, and, apparently, you... not so much...

<O>
Old 07-05-20, 02:51 AM   #487
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

"Nice try on trying ti deflect from the actual issue by dredging up a straw man 'free speech' argument"

Trying "ti" deflect - meh. Type more carefully.

Provide proof that the daily caller falsified his quote. Thank you. You intended to imply the Daily Caller was wrong or suspect bc they are EEEVIL RIGHT WINGERS!! I was curious and found that out for myself that they had quoted him verbatim. It took a few seconds to prove that your attempt to discredit the Daily Caller was specious. Of course, I admit the guy in the video could be an imposter, due to evil evil Right-Winginess, or some such thing.

Provide a statement in which I claimed that the Daily Caller was unbiased. Thank you. (I personally feel every news source is biased; for that reason I can't wait to see what you come up with....)

For that reason I'm not going to bother arguing whether Wikipedia/Snopes are biased. I reiterate, IMHO all news, whether good/bad/Commie/Left/Right/whatever is biased, and we humans tend to like having our biases confirmed.

You seem to be very angry that someone dared challenge you. You also seem upset because I refuse to acknowledge Vienna is right because Vienna says so and Vienna's word is law. Not sure why this should be the case...?

Last edited by iambecomelife; 07-05-20 at 06:34 AM.
Old 07-05-20, 03:07 AM   #488
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

"transparent attempts at patriotic puffery to hide a paucity of substantive arguments is always amusing"

Don't feign amusement when you're actually angry. You're just harming yourself. I wouldn't want that.

Again, you seem to be very upset, based on your last reply. Sorry about that, so go ahead & keep up with the posts about Right Wingers (what are those, anyway?) if you need catharsis.

Oh, and I was choosing to make your resentment of this guy and his opinion an issue. I can if I want to....part of my observation of how we love sources that confirm our own biases, and hate sources that seem to critique us or challenge us. I definitely don't exempt myself. It's just a turn the conversation took. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Carry on!

Last edited by iambecomelife; 07-05-20 at 03:42 AM.
Old 07-05-20, 04:59 AM   #489
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
"Nice try on trying ti deflect from the actual issue by dredging up a straw man 'free speech' argument"

Trying "ti" deflect - lol!!! Feel that blood pressure go up.

Provide proof that the daily caller falsified his quote. ,,,

Oh, dear, it seems a nerve has been struck...

So, you start out by nitpicking "ti" instead of "to"; aside from it being a minuscule typo, I must also note the spell checker didn't highlight it since "ti" is an actual word, so I didn't catch it in proofing; it should also be pointed out I have, in the past made note of my dyslexia, and, due to a worsening medical condition, I am having difficulty with my hands, so, yes, I do make an occasional error, as we all, except of course, you...

Oh, wait!... this just in...:

Quote:

Provide proof that the daily caller falsified his quote. Thank you. You intended to imply the Daily Caller was wrong or suspect bc they are EEEVIL RIGHT WINGERS!! I was curious and found that out for myself that they had quoted him verbatim. It took a few seconds to prove that your attempt to discredit the Daily Caller was specious. Of course, I admit the guy in the video could be an imposter, due to evil evil Right-Winginess, or some such thing.

Apparently your "Daily Caller" is, by your metric, a serious flaw: the name of the website The Daily Wire, not The Daily Caller, an error you made three (3) times in the above quote; I just missed a letter, but you, apparently are either negligently inattentive, deliberately dense, or reckless in argument...

Then there is the "intended to imply"; how do you know if I was even implying anything? you're grasping at very slippery straws with tiny little hands...

Show me where I at anytime explicitly said The Daily Wire falsified the quote; I dare you to prove that lie...

Show me where I said the Daily Wire (pls note its Wire... ) was wrong because they are right wing; the cite I gave pointed out how The Daily Wire has a track record of 'reporting' inaccurate, unsubstantiated, and, sometimes false 'information'; my cite shows The Daily Wire could be suspect and has been proven to be suspect not because they are right-wing or left-wing or chicken-wing, but because it has a proven track record of false and misleading 'reportage'...

I am not the person(s) or organizations calling The Daily Wire to task; there are others out there who have made those assertions and I simply cited one source; the fact is, The Daily Caller has been caught out on several occasions playing fast and loose with the facts and/or the truth; after researching about The Daily Wire, I am inclined to agree with that assessment and note The Daily Wire needs no outside reference to be subject to discredit since they are doing such a fine job on themselves on their own...

It took only a few seconds (interspersed with my laughter) to prove the speciousness of your claims about my stance...

Quote:

Provide a statement in which I claimed that the Daily Caller was unbiased. Thank you. (I personally feel every news source is biased; for that reason I can't wait to see what you come up with...lol.)

For that reason I'm not going to bother arguing whether Wikipedia/Snopes are biased. IMHO all news, whether good/bad/Commie/Left/Right/whatever is biased, and we humans tend to like having our biases confirmed.

Excuse me: did I, at any time, explicitly say or claim you said the The Daily Wire (that makes four (4) times you said Caller; just wanted to be accurate... ) was unbiased; in fact no one has claimed The Daily Wire was unbiased, so that seems to be a bit of a stumper as to why you are even bring it up...

..and if you acknowledge it may be biased, there is all the more reason it, like any other source, should be called to question...

Likewise, I have never said any news source is unbiased; I just try to recognize and acknowledge the bias, ignoring it to see if there is any fact or substance to the reportage; I don't like the idea of blind faith in anything or in persons I have little to no knowledge or experience of...

Yes, every person tends to like to have their biases confirmed or appear to be confirmed; but, if that confirmation is at the expense of provable fact or knowledge, then the bias is merely opinion...

Quote:

You seem to be very angry that someone dared challenge you. You also seem upset because I refuse to acknowledge Vienna is right because Vienna says so and Vienna's word is law. Not sure why this should be the case...? Explain yourself.

" opinion is not always fact and thought is not always reality" Unless you're Vienna because Vienna says so.

Now, I really got a belly laugh out of that part. People challenge me all the time; several people here in these forums challenge what I post and I respect a very goodly number of them, particularly when they can articulate their views and offer cites to back them up; I may not agree with them all the time, but I don't get angry at being challenged, in fact, I welcome a good discussion and have sometimes learned things I might have not otherwise; I try to keep an open mind about things and I far from believe only I am always right; I've got a whole lot of ex's who have conditioned me to accept the impossibility of my infallibility...

My opinions are just that opinions and only time and facts will tell if they are right or wrong and I don't begrudge anyone else their own, sometimes contrary opinions...

Just don't try to feed me Spam and try to tell me its Porterhouse steak...

Quote:
"transparent attempts at patriotic puffery to hide a paucity of substantive arguments is always amusing"

Don't feign amusement when you're actually angry. You're just harming yourself. I wouldn't want that.

Again, you seem to be very upset, based on your last reply. Sorry about that, so go ahead & keep up with the posts about Right Wingers (what are those, anyway?) if you need catharsis.

Oh, and I was choosing to make your resentment of this guy and his opinion an issue. I can if I want to. It's just a turn the conversation took. Sorry, but that's the truth.

Oh, please stop!! My ribs are hurting from all the laughing!!...

Its funny to have a guy who, in the space of about 15 minutes, felt a compelling need to post twice, consecutively, to express his opinion that someone else was angry and upset; I had actually thought the whole matter was done as we had both expressed our opinions and there seemed to be no middle ground; I actually logged on to SubSim to post to the Music Thread and noticed there was a new post (or, posts,as it tuned out) in this thread and just clicked in out of curiosity...

Don't feign that you have clairvoyant powers and can 'see' or sense' my moods or intentions; I was laughing the whole time I was writing that last post of mine because your argument(s) was/were so laughable, as are you with your 'knowledge' of me; I kind of figured you might get a bit wound up, but you certainly exceeded probable expectations...

I'm not angry just genuinely amused at how ludicrous and predictable your argument in favor of a crack dealer/rapper truly was at its fundament and how it was a laughable attempt at deflection away from my original point that both the 'news source', the Daily Wire and the person they chose to bolster their 'facts' are of highly dubious veracity; the fact that you are unable to address the point(s) I actually made and chose, instead, to set up a free speech straw man and feign indignation that someone would dare to doubt the word of a criminal crack dealer shows how weak and pathetic your attempts are...

If you want to take the word of a criminal drug pusher and/or a news website with a dubious track record, go for it; I don't really care...

However, you really are quite amusing...

...oh, and don't be concerned about my blood pressure: its just fine and stable. How do I know?...

...Vienna says so...

<O>
Old 07-05-20, 06:01 AM   #490
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

"just genuinely amused"

No you're not.

You're angry at opposing opinions, hence the latest novel and emoji blizzard.
Old 07-05-20, 06:03 AM   #491
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
"just genuinely amused"

No you're not.

You're angry at opposing opinions, hence the latest novel and emoji blizzard.

<O>
Old 07-05-20, 06:12 AM   #492
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

IOW, per Vienna: "I wasn't saying they're non-credible Right Wingers, I was just saying they're non-credible Right Wingers. And I'm going to keep spamming emoji's in a tantrum." OK.

For everyone else, replace the x's of course in the link I posted previously and you'll find that in this case the summary of the speaker's opinion was correct.

It's a fairly short interview, and can be looked at in one sitting (although I found some of the back & fourth tedious). And again, I reject this guy's claim of same sex attracted ppl conspiring against blacks. The issue is, was the quotation of his beliefs accurate.

EDIT: Oh and Vienna is absolutely right about the name of the publication; my mistake. Daily Caller is a completely different entity.

Last edited by iambecomelife; 07-05-20 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-05-20, 07:28 AM   #493
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Cool/calm heads everyone, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.

TIA

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 07:56 AM   #494
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
IOW, per Vienna: "I wasn't saying they're non-credible Right Wingers, I was just saying they're non-credible Right Wingers. And I'm going to keep spamming emoji's in a tantrum." OK.

Odd, I can't see any actual quotes of me saying those exact words anywhere in my posts; and the use of "IOW" just means what you said is just your opinion or impression of what you think I said or what you are trying to make it seem I said in order to salvage your floundering point(s), if any; I say what I say, nothing more and nothing less...

IOW, per iambecomelife: "I can't argue actual stated facts or actual stated words verbatim, so I'll just make up something on my own to see if I can get away with it"...

...and I also see your current point is "I'm going to continue my current tantrum spree of equine corpse flagellation..."...

Quote:

For everyone else, replace the x's of course in the link I posted previously and you'll find that in this case the summary of the speaker's opinion was correct.

It's a fairly short interview, and can be looked at in one sitting (although I found some of the back & fourth tedious). And again, I reject this guy's claim of same sex attracted ppl conspiring against blacks. The issue is, was the quotation of his beliefs accurate.

Gee, I don't recall ever saying the quotes were not accurate; in fact, I don't recall questioning the quotes at all; wonder we're your getting that from...

I did, in fact, question the reliability, veracity, and character of the rapper given his less than admirable criminal background and I did question the website's reputation as a fully honest and highly reliable news source, which has also been questioned by others no doubt with far more knowledge of the full extent of The Daily Wire's spotty history...

But, did I ever question the actual accuracy of the quote(s)?: I dare you to prove, by my own specific actual words, in context, that I dd so...

The issue never was if the quotation(s) of his beliefs is/are/were accurate, the issue was the reliability of the rapper's statements...

Those tiny little hands losing a bit more of their grip...?...

Quote:

EDIT: Oh and Vienna is absolutely right about the name of the publication; my mistake. Daily Caller is a completely different entity.

Gee, if I'm right about that, what else could I be right about...?...

<O>

Last edited by Onkel Neal; 07-05-20 at 08:49 AM. Reason: personal attack and slight removed.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-20, 08:02 AM   #495
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Cool/calm heads everyone, Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest.

TIA

Sorry, Jim; I was still typing my previous post when you posted yours...

For me, I'm done with it; I was just having a bot of a laugh and didn't mean to cause you any grief...

Again, my apologies...

<O>

Tags
police, riots