Closed Thread

Old 10-31-05, 09:53 AM   #16
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Well this seems kinda selfish and arrogant
ok... considering the fact that in 1985, i was already publishing software for the TI-99/4A home computers... and you probably weren't even born at that time... i think that your stated opinion here can be dismissed as coming from one who is only viewing the world from a narrow perspective, one which is defined by the little time that you've been doing what you do...

i envy you... ahhh it must be great to be young and naive... sometimes i wish i could go back and be just like you... uninformed, carefree, full of the self confidence and assuredness of youth...

of course you are right... and everyone else is wrong... and whatsmore, nothing that i can say to you will convince you otherwise...

in spite of all that, you might consider, that what you currently see as arrogance and selfishness, is in fact, sound and solid rational reasoning, based on a lifetime of experience... experience which you have yet to even approach accumulating... and rational which will elude you until you actually do go out there and invest yourself into a business that is more than a hobby...

your comment only serves to assure me that you definitely wouldn't have been one of those the solid team member that you mentioned above... now, while putting on the top of your resume that the person you want to work for/with, is a selfish arrogant bastard, while that may work in some circles... you'll be waiting a looooooong time if you expect to hear from me with an attitude like that...

good artists, like good programmers, are a dime a dozen... good artists with a positive and understanding attitude... priceless...

if i eventually did decide to partner with someone on this project... it most assuredly wouldn't be you, or anyone like you... reality - there are many, many, many talented 3D artists who can pump out a submarine or naval vessel with realism, life, and a lot less chatter... look around the net... you'll see that your work is not unique enough for you to be posturing yourself in what i see as such a forcefull and assuming manner...

are ya starting to see what i meant about complications arising from associations... i've already wasted close to 5 minutes reading your stuff, and another 3 or 4 responding to it... and this thread, which was originally just supposed to be a posting of a pic of something i did in Blitz, and nothing more than that, has already been sidetracked into a personal, back and forth, tit for tat...

and you'll fogive me if i choose not to continue along those lines...

a little word of advice though before i end this... and you can either take it or leave it...

the next person you approach with intentions of working with, try and leave out the part about them being selfish and arrogant... regardless of what you think, or whether it is true or not...

trust me... it'll endear you in a better light to them...

--Mike
Closed Thread