Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-18-10, 05:33 PM   #16
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm most interested in 1950-1980 for ships, so your databases are right up my alley.

Has there been any discussion of ASW? Kinda curious to see what you have planned in that department.
hellfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 05:35 PM   #17
Sunburn
Warfaresims

Downloads: 2

Yes, and we hope to be able to show some material on this section on one of our next screenshot articles.
Sunburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 05:56 PM   #18
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5

I love ASW! There is nothing like looking for the needle in the haystack with combined forces, slowly tightening the noose.

Enemy submarines always add an extra thrill to surface operations as well.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 04:16 PM   #19
hellfish6
Seaman

Downloads: 23

Okay, some more random-ass questions from me:

How will a ship's air complement be modeled? By that, I mean how will you populate, say, an aircraft carrier with aircraft? Will it be set types and numbers, or will the scenario designer be able to tweak them (maybe swapping AV-8Bs with AV-8B+, or CH-46Es for V-22s?) One of the things that constantly annoyed me (IIRC) about JFC was the hard-coded aircraft for ships. You plop down a Nimitz and you're stuck with whatever the designer gave you, even if it's out of date for the time and place of your scenario (F-14s in 2010, for example).

Will aircraft from ships be able to land at land bases? Or any kind of alternate landing facility, like another ship?

Are you guys taking donations/investors?
hellfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-10, 05:19 PM   #20
Sunburn
Warfaresims

You can place any aircraft on an airbase or carrier as long as it fits. Each parking space (both indoor and outdoor), runway access point, elevator, catapult, runway etc. has a specific space budget (e.g. 12 small aircraft or 6 medium ones or 4 large ones or 1 very large one or any combination of them). As long as this space is not exceeded you can pretty much place any aircraft.

Carrier-capable aircraft can operate on carriers, and also on any land runway suitable for them (each aircraft has a specific runway size/length that must be satisfied by the intended runway - you cannot land a B-52 on a mud strip).

We don't have any formal donation mechanism in place yet, but we hope to do soon.
Old 09-01-10, 04:30 PM   #21
Sunburn
Warfaresims

We have added a donation button on the site, so anyone wishing to contribute to the development of Red Pill can do so.

Thanks!