SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-20, 05:30 PM   #1
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Default I have an idea and it will be a huge success

Got the idea when I saw the movie 2012 for the fist time.

The idea combine something that's very very old with something modern.

I have the idea in my head and due to my lack of technical shortage-not knowing how to construct this thing I have given up. Especially this thing.

I have even tried to find contact to bosses who could be interest in my idea....for free.

It is a technical thing.

I have search a lot to see if there is something like my idea or similar on the market...there isn't. Could also be I have used wrong search words.

Edit
I have on several occasion been thinking
We are more than 7 billion on this planet, not all of these are grown-ups though and I can't be the only one with this technical idea.

I could put it into words here...I really don't want to, because as I mention in my OP it will be a huge success, which I'm 95-99 % sure of.

I made a search 30 minutes ago and I came to same type of technical things, not even near my idea.
End of edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-22-20 at 06:11 PM.
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:58 PM   #2
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

3D printed toilet paper?
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 09:19 PM   #3
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Count me in. What is it?
Old 03-22-20, 10:41 PM   #4
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56

An inflatable girlfriend with AI and lots of RAM so that when you screw up, they NEVER let you forget it?

ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-20, 12:04 PM   #5
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
An inflatable girlfriend with AI and lots of RAM so that when you screw up, they NEVER let you forget it?

Good idea I would program her so every time a person would like to use her, she will say:

"Not today/to night honey I have a headache"

Markus
Old 03-23-20, 12:10 PM   #6
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I have hope that some of you have a good friend or a family member who's like Steve Jobs/Bill Gates and have their own company.

I will give you my idea and then you can say...this already exist..and then we forget about it, I will forget it hereafter.

You can also say that's splendid idea I will give it further to my friend/family member.
You can also say I don't think it will be a success.
Edit
You could also say..there are people who have tried to create such a thing without success/can't be done
End edit

If I write it here-on an open forum thousand will see it.

I have learned in some of my create-your-own-company education, that you shall never trust anyone, not even your mom, if you have an idea.

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-23-20 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-24-20, 04:14 AM   #7
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

I have a friend who is very "advanced" in technological things when it comes to computers.. i may say he is also not the most sympathetic person and tends to sell it all as his ideas

Not that i am not interested, but really, my advice would be to keep the idea to yourself!

Try to find hints on the 'net whether your idea is possible to implement with the existing technology. Even if not (yet), the idea may still be a good one, and maybe it is worth developing the underlying preconditions to build it, and make it work.

B.t.w. I would never have thought that something like "Facebook" would be such a success* - but here at least the underlying preconditions did exist.

*so better don't ask me

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-20, 09:30 AM   #8
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

It is computer/smartphone related device...sort of

In my idea I been thinking of a small version and a XL version.

Now to my idea.

When you get an idea you build or create a prototype and you have to take lots of step back and forth until you are satisfied with it. Thereafter you put it into production.

I could not do this, so I created it in my head...until I suddenly realized there will be a huge problem. A problem that need to be solved, but how.

I'm not a geni nor am I computer nerd.

The solution to this came to me from an total different angle. This happened later.

I had planned on watching an episode of How the Univers work/Split the Cosmos.
I use to change channel 10-15 min. before start of a program I want to see.

So I was watching the last 10-15 min. of How it's made/How things work

And there their showed how a common device, which 99.99 % of you have at home, was build/how it work.

Voila right there was the solution to this problem, which i knew would appear.

As mentioned before there a billions of grown-ups I can not be the only one with this idea.

Edit
Came up with more search criteria and still no such thing can be found on the internet.
End edit

Markus

Last edited by mapuc; 03-24-20 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-24-20, 01:23 PM   #9
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Good idea I would program her so every time a person would like to use her, she will say:

"Not today/to night honey I have a headache"

Markus
So much for ''RAMMIN' it to her''!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 02:33 PM   #10
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 275

I find the bed of nails a little worrying BBY
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-20, 02:45 PM   #11
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I told it to another one here on our forum, via pm.

I have the feeling though that this person not really know what I was talking about.

In the beginning, not so long after I got this idea, I told it to a very good friend who work with computers, most security and he said to me:

This is nothing new it already exist.

I asked him to show me. Where you can buy this electronic/computer device and he showed me something I already knew existed.

So I had to slowly explain what my idea was, by using some old analog-thing to explain it.

I guess my idea is so far out(can't find a better phrase) that people really don't understand what I'm talking about.

I'm also starting to wonder if it ever came into production, will be an success

Markus
Old 03-29-20, 04:28 PM   #12
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
I find the bed of nails a little worrying BBY
That's because u need Aricept with your little blue pills BBY

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 07:16 AM   #13
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 222

@Marcus.

I understand your frustration, you have an idea that in your mind it might or should be very good etc, yet if you divulge it openly someone else with more know how or better contacts steals your idea, so you are in a tricky situation.

I once had an idea when I was working, I divulged it to a manager and he implemented it but claimed it as his idea, at the time there was a reward system for anyone who had a cost saving idea got a bonus, course he got the bonus.
When I approached him about it he denied I had ever told him and said he had this idea for a while, I couldn't believe he could keep a straight face and say this, but then how could I prove it, nobody else overheard our first conversation nor had I told anyone else about my idea.

In the UK there is or was a TV program where people could go on and tell their idea to a panel of experts who analyse their idea and if they think it is good they back the idea and help get it off the ground, you may need to look for something like this.

I remember my Grandad once telling me he had an idea where he worked for some kind of engineering bench, he passed it on to his foreman who said it wouldn't be any good.
anyway about a year later after he had left that company he bumped in to an old workmate who told him that foreman got a nice payout for inventing a new type of workbench, my Grandad was gob smacked, it was his idea!

Col.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-20, 10:33 AM   #14
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

I'm one of those who's not really interested in earning lots of money from ideas I get.

I would gladly give my idea to the person who is educated engineer or have skills in computer related tech.

Because if there by any chance should be some one out there who can develop my idea into a product, it will be placed among:
Smartphones, iPad, Tablets,

More revealing.
When a person by one of these, s/he can choose from standard or XL
it will be packed in box with a charger and a 1½ meter wire and a thing(which I can't remember what it is called. It is used to take 230 Volt down to 5 Volt and lowering the Amp).

It happens my idea pop-up now and then. Last time it happened was what Skybird wrote in one of his thread and of course now when a friend have posted a comment.

Markus
Old 06-09-20, 01:46 PM   #15
captainadccdacaptain
Gunner

Downloads: 49

I major in computer programming, maybe I can help
captainadccdacaptain is offline   Reply With Quote