Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > SEA POWER
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-13-21, 03:40 PM   #1
Krivak
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Will it be DRM free?

Since I only buy owner controlled hardware and software I really hope this will be DRM free and released on GOG so I can get it as it looks to be awesome. DRM is always cracked and thus pirates get the real version the only people who suffer are those like me who buy software with DRM that screws us over. I had a few games over the years before I stopped buying DRM'ed junk that didn't work until the devs removed the DRM and I finally got to play them years later and that doesn't even get in to the problems with Steam and having thousands of dollars of games on a single account that can get hacked or closed at anytime whereas with GOG you have a local copy of the game you can burn to a disk or external drive and keep forever. This includes having LAN/IP for multiplayer/coop rather than requiring a master server account system so that the game still works once the devs turn off the master servers, since this is the first high quality modern naval combat game it will be played and modded for decades to come so it must be preservable.
Krivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 03:50 PM   #2
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default Welcome aboard!

Krivak!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 01:45 AM   #3
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Sea Power will come with the Famous Microprose LensLok protection system
Old 01-15-21, 09:04 AM   #4
Barkhorn1x
Captain

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krivak View Post
Since I only buy owner controlled hardware and software I really hope this will be DRM free and released on GOG so I can get it as it looks to be awesome. DRM is always cracked and thus pirates get the real version the only people who suffer are those like me who buy software with DRM that screws us over. I had a few games over the years before I stopped buying DRM'ed junk that didn't work until the devs removed the DRM and I finally got to play them years later and that doesn't even get in to the problems with Steam and having thousands of dollars of games on a single account that can get hacked or closed at anytime whereas with GOG you have a local copy of the game you can burn to a disk or external drive and keep forever. This includes having LAN/IP for multiplayer/coop rather than requiring a master server account system so that the game still works once the devs turn off the master servers, since this is the first high quality modern naval combat game it will be played and modded for decades to come so it must be preservable.
Umm...it's going to be on Steam and I am (almost) 100% sure there will be no physical copies available as it's 2021 and not 1991.

So there's that.
Barkhorn1x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 03:47 PM   #5
UglyMowgli
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

Ask the submariners who can't play their sims undersea because they can't activate it using Steam just before diving in the void.

Last edited by UglyMowgli; 01-16-21 at 04:45 PM. Reason: wrong sub forum
UglyMowgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-21, 05:46 PM   #6
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
Umm...it's going to be on Steam and I am (almost) 100% sure there will be no physical copies available as it's 2021 and not 1991.

So there's that.

Old 01-18-21, 06:41 AM   #7
Krivak
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Active members of the military not being about to play your milsim game because it has DRM OR you can sell it on GOG and they can. Your move devs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post

So there's that.
Where did I say anything about buying physical copies? Why would you want LESS choices though? Since it is the *current year*?. Since you asked though I would 100% buy a *DRM free* physical copy if they sold one, maybe throw in a few stickers/patches or some ship fridge magnets officially made from the manufacturers.
Krivak is offline   Reply With Quote