Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 06-08-09, 04:24 PM   #1
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6
Default MP Free Falcon 5 with hotfix

Anyone from subsim willing to fly together?

Perhaps with teamspeak if you don't mind my funny english accent as english is not my native I rarely use it in conversation. .

I'm on GMT+7.

I welcome everyone
Old 06-08-09, 04:30 PM   #2
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

As soon as I figure out how to launch AMRAAMs again I might well join in, I've had some success with Gunzos but my missiles don't seem to want to budge. Still, that's part of the fun, stumbling around in the dark trying to work things out. Tis for me anyway

Speaking of stumbling around in the dark, I'd better start brushing up my World at War skills for part two against Comrade Raptski.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 04:31 PM   #3
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

As soon I figure out how to fly with these planes

HunterICX
Old 06-08-09, 04:35 PM   #4
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

If it means shooting down Führer Oberon, count me in
Old 06-08-09, 04:42 PM   #5
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Bring it on, Communist schweinhu-oh...wait...I've left my missiles back at base....
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 04:51 PM   #6
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
As soon as I figure out how to launch AMRAAMs again I might well join in, I've had some success with Gunzos but my missiles don't seem to want to budge. Still, that's part of the fun, stumbling around in the dark trying to work things out. Tis for me anyway

Speaking of stumbling around in the dark, I'd better start brushing up my World at War skills for part two against Comrade Raptski.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
As soon I figure out how to fly with these planes

HunterICX
You two need to download the Falcon 4.0 manual. I still have the original paper manual from back then .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
If it means shooting down Führer Oberon, count me in
Okay when everyone is good post a recommended date and time(GMT as reference)
Old 06-08-09, 04:53 PM   #7
Fincuan
Admiral

Downloads: 39

I need to do some refresher rides, then I'm good to go. I'm very familiar on how the Viper is operated in F4AF, so a few extra lessons should hopefully bring me up to date with FF5
Fincuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 05:11 PM   #8
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

love to... but I cant even get the planes started. lol:rotfl:
Old 06-08-09, 06:05 PM   #9
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force View Post
love to... but I cant even get the planes started. lol:rotfl:
Yes to start at the ramp requires you to know(memorize every button) to flip and every knob to turn to get the Viper going.

There's a nice ramp start guide with voice over in Open Falcon. That's where I learned it.

If you can start the Viper in Open falcon you can start a real Viper
and if not for one missing button interface(to activate wheel steering) you could probably steer it to the runway and take off.
Old 06-08-09, 06:50 PM   #10
Castout
Silent Hunter

@Taskforce here's a guide to rampstart in FF5(a little less complex than in OF)
You must look for the mentioned button
It's all done in 2D cockpit

1. Switch parking brake
  2. Switch the main electrical power two times.(near the throttle)
  3. On the external light panel switch the necessary external lights on(this is not critical). Something like tail, wing, flash/steady, master ext light switch must be on but this is already set by FF5.
  4. Set master fuel switch, turn fuel engine feed knob to norm
  5. Turn air source knob to norm
  6. Turn on the engine by switching the start switch once to start 2. RPM will rise to 25%.(get to this view by pressing the numpad 6 after seeing the throttle)
  7. Increase throttle to 70% approximately. Switch a leveler on the left side of the throttle. engine rpm will increase to 70%(idle). before it reaches 70% decrease throttle all the way down.
  8. Switch on all avionics switches in the avionics panel section: MMC, ST STA, MFD, UFC, GPS, DL. Turn the INS knob to norm. The DED(data entry display) right of the hud should come to life.
  9. On the panel section named SNSR power(sensor power) swirch left hardpoint, right HDPT, FCR and radar altimeter(this last already swirched in FF5)
  10. On the HUD and ICP(Integrated command panel) rotate the SYM knob until the HUD comes alive(increasing brightness)
  11. On the DED(data entry display) to the right of the HUD, you will note INS x/90. You will have to wait until X rise and the number 90 falls down. When X is 8.1 or closer to 10 you are ready to go(the DED and HUD will blink RDY and ALIGN respectively). when x is 8.1 or close to 10 go back to avionics panel turn the INS knob to NAV from norm. Do this by left clicking on the knob once.
  12. Close the canopy, there's a yellow puller on the left side of the cockpit.
  13. Arm the seat, click the ejection controls locked yellow written bar.
  14. Still in the same 2D view, turn on a small button named power to turn on EWS and countermeasures system.
  15. Still there switch RWR on, JMR on, CH on, FL on. Turn mode knob to MAN
  16. Click on the left MFD the stby OSB button then choose CRM
  17. Switch external landing light
  18. Check INS! Is it aligned yet(8.1-10)?
  19. If so press 'Shift /', the only missing button in ramp start). This is to activate wheel steering.
  20. Contact tower asking for taxiing, control steering by rudder. gently move the throttle slightly forward to 75-80 percent.
  21. K is the wheel brake button. Hold to brake.
Don't forget to switch master arm. And turn off those external lights. You are flying the viper into a warzone in fact you are legitimate target to the enemy since you got into the cockpit in the first place

Happy hunting

Last edited by Castout; 06-08-09 at 07:52 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-09, 09:57 PM   #11
Castout
Silent Hunter

So anybody up for a flight together in FF5. For Vista users you really need to disable visual theme right click on shortcut, select properties, on compatibility tab tick disable visual theme and don't tick anything else.

In SP campaign mission and probably MP too we can only fly a single mission then we have to exit the game and come back in other wise there would be black screen or screen freeze.

We can learn as we fly as well. I'm not that expert but I can teach a noob one or two things if he's not familiar with Falcon 4.0. I mostly just click on the cockpit. Memorizing keys is not fun and it's definitely not cool. Only have to memorize what's not there in the cockpit interface. Of course I fly the Viper(the F-16) almost exclusively in game.
Old 06-12-09, 03:38 AM   #12
Raptor1
Navy Seal

I might be available at random intervals, for my schedule these days is a bit strange

If you want to today, I could probably play at some point over the next 7 hours
Old 06-12-09, 04:15 AM   #13
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castout View Post
You two need to download the Falcon 4.0 manual. I still have the original paper manual from back then .
I don't have issues with the game itself..more of the controls so I printed out the keyboard mapping that came with FF5...at least know I know how to Arm my onboard cannon now just have to figure out how to use the rockets.. and stuff....so now and then I play around with those training missions.

and I have to practice landings.... again.

HunterICX
Old 06-12-09, 04:26 AM   #14
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
and I have to practice landings.... again.

HunterICX
I think we have already established the fact that a quick hand to push Ctrl-E is infinitely more valuable than knowing how to land the plane intact...
Old 06-12-09, 06:32 AM   #15
Castout
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
I think we have already established the fact that a quick hand to push Ctrl-E is infinitely more valuable than knowing how to land the plane intact...

Pffft I could land alright in Open Falcon 4.7. But when contacting the tower asking permission to land in FF5 they told me to set TACAN. I don't know how to set up TACAN. lol. Bloody air traffic controller.....

Anyway setting up the campaign level at rookie is a guarantee that 60% of the time I would be shot down, 70% of that on ingress towards objective by SAM, 29% on ingress towards objective while being encumbered by payloads snatched by some enemy planes, 1% because of my stupidity to save on the fuel that I entered into a flatspin *&^*&%#!when trying to evade something. Actually 71% of me being shot down is because I want to save on the fuel, flying too low and too slow...if only I flew the Flanker.