Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-29-20, 03:52 PM   #586
nikimcbee
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Officials on the US West Coast have reported three unexplained coronavirus cases, raising concerns the virus could be spreading within the community.

The patients - in California, Oregon and Washington State - have no known connection to a badly hit country.

A total of 59 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in the US, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51685908

Somebody from WA just croaked. If it gets me, I Will Mr. Buna, my post count; I will Steed my classic Tie Fighter model. Not sure what to do with my naval library?

Remember how Ore-gone's precious guv promised transparency?
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/hea...e-37f547bb71fd
Old 02-29-20, 04:28 PM   #587
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

An off topic thought

We are discussing preparation for the worse and this have made me wonder, when will some of you dig up our old thread about preppers

End of an off topic thought

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 05:00 PM   #588
Traveller
Captain

Downloads: 89

Thanks, Neal. Good to be back. Things are becoming a bit more serious here. ALL schools in Japan are now closed until at least April 1st. Also, our governor here in Hokkaido prefecture declared a state of emergency on Friday afternoon, requesting everyone remain in their homes and not go out unless absolutely necessary- in effect for at least 3 weeks. And they confirmed the first case in my city on Thursday. Hokkaido now has the fastest growing number of infected in Japan. Looks like we're becoming another Northern Italy. And the scary thing is that they aren't even testing people that much here, so I imagine the true number of infected is much higher.

Rockstar, I see you've finally come over to the Dark Side. And congratulations on your early retirement. I think you made the right choice. Please take care and prepare.

Washington state confirms first US death from coronavirus.
Quote:
The U.S. reported on Saturday its first death from the coronavirus in Washington state. Jamie Nixon, a public information officer with the Washington State Department of Health, said that a patient in the state has died from the infection. A news conference will be held by officials in King County at 4:00 pm EST.

The patient was a man in his 50s with underlying health conditions, who was tested at the Washington State Public Health Lab, according to U.S. health officials.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/29/coro...atherings.html

More than 50 people linked to a skilled nursing facility in Washington are experiencing symptoms and will be tested for coronavirus.
Quote:
More than 50 residents and staff from the Life Care Center in Kirkland, Washington, will be tested for the novel coronavirus because they’re experiencing symptoms, said Dr. Jeffrey Duchin, health officer for Seattle and King County, Washington.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/29/coro...atherings.html

Hmm. Looks like Washington State is perhaps becoming a hotbed of infections.

Last edited by Traveller; 02-29-20 at 05:52 PM.
Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 05:20 PM   #589
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Interesting sidenote in a news magazine over here today: until today, in Germany 130 people have died of ordinary seasonal flu ("influenza" this season.

Puts the massive fear of Corona a bit into relation, I would think.

This season Germany has had an extraordinarily high number of influenza cases. Some federal states report numbers to be 50% higher than in the years before.

People are so afraid of sharks and tigers. But nobody is afraid of cars and traffic. Evolutionary fail.
Old 02-29-20, 05:50 PM   #590
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

But you have a real "Aufreger", something to argue, good for the media.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 05:51 PM   #591
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

I'm going in to see a doctor Monday I've had it

I've had the flu for three (3) weeks now treated at home with just Advil and Day Quil cold meds ... I feel horrible, but have had no contact with any known world traveler so what happens next year?

Will millions of people want to know if the have type A, B, C or the Convid-19 flu?

Will there be enough test kits? Will it overwhelm the health care system till people have to stay at home to have someone to come treat them?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=normal...FORM=QBLH&sp=5

Quote:
Major flu activity in each season varies by location, in any specific location these minor epidemics usually take about 3 weeks to peak, and another 3 weeks to significantly diminish.
Quote:
Although you can get the flu anytime, flu season starts in October and can go as late as March and even April. But it usually peaks in the U.S. in February
Quote:
The peak of flu season can happen as early as mid-November and as late as March.
Quote:
Human influenza A and B viruses cause seasonal epidemics almost every winter in the United States. Influenza C infections generally cause a mild respiratory illness and are not thought to cause epidemics.
Quote:
As Many As 49 Million Americans Are Affected By The Flu Each Year
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 06:04 PM   #592
Traveller
Captain

Mr. Quatro, I would avoid hospitals at all costs if possible. I normally don't recommend supplements to people, but in this case I will. Get some echinacea ASAP. This stuff really works well for colds and flu. Seriously. My wife and I have been using it for years when we've gotten sick and I've found nothing else that works as well. It boosts the immune system, plus helps block the virus from invading new cells. It also helps prevents Cytokine Storms (immune system overreacting, destroying healthy cells and causing excessive fluid buildup) in the lungs. I read a detailed medical research paper released by a British Colombia university and they did confirm this. Since this new coronavirus is in the same basic family as cold viruses, it should also work against that, though I don't think there has been any laboratory testing yet to confirm this. Anyway, echinacea should not be taken as prevention, but only after symptoms occur. The brand we use is Nature's Way and is available on Amazon.

Last edited by Traveller; 02-29-20 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-29-20, 06:36 PM   #593
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
Quattro, I would avoid hospitals at all costs if possible. I normally don't recommend supplements to people, but in this case I will. Get some echinacea ASAP. This stuff really works well for colds and flu. Seriously. My wife and I have been using it for years when we've gotten sick and I've found nothing else that works as well. It boosts the immune system, plus blocks the virus from invading new cells. It also prevents Cytokine Storms (immune system overreacting, destroying healthy cells and causing excessive fluid buildup) in the lungs. I read a detailed medical research paper released by a British Colombia university and they did confirm this. Since this new coronavirus is in the same basic family as influenza, it should also work against that, though I don't think there has been any laboratory testing yet to confirm this. Anyway, echinacea should not be taken as prevention, but only after symptoms occur. The brand we use is Nature's Way and is available on Amazon.
Thank you Traveller and welcome back ... No hospital just urgent care at the VA
I think I will try your suggestion. ABC said that there is a run on cold flu meds especially one kind and they wouldn't release the name of it due to the shortage.

Look what I found with Spring Valley cold med you recommended:

Spring Valley Echinacea Capsules, 760 mg, 100 Ct

Made in China ha ha

I think I'll try these though only $.36

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 07:38 PM   #594
Traveller
Captain

I think capsules would probably work much better than the lozenges due to a higher content of the herb. Also, that capsule label you posted recommends only 2 capsules per day, which is quite a conservative amount. I usually take at least 3-4 capsules per day when sick (and 6 per day when I came down with pneumonia last year). And the ingredients state 'aerial' parts only. That's ok, but I've read that the root part is the most effective part of the plant, so you might want to find some capsules that also contain the root (like the ones I mentioned available on Amazon).
Old 02-29-20, 07:47 PM   #595
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

People who think they might got hit, should NOT go to see the doctor, but telephone him and ask how to further proceed. In Germany, you may find that some doctors may not even let you in. In other places they seem to concentrate trafficking of infected people to certain dedicated places/hospitals instead of having them scattered around all over the town'S hosptials. You are a germ distributor currently, Quattro. You must not become a mobile germ distributor. Have somebody coming to you and testing you at home, or have a testing kit delivered. If they now work - I read that the first kits delivered in the US did not work at all.

I know Eccinacea as well and would recommend it in case of just a common cold, it boosts the immune system a bit, so it is said, but it may as well be a placebo effect, so I would not expect wonders, but it might be worth a try. I used to use it in liquid form in past times, using drops, it might have helped, or not, I never was certain. But if you suffer from sympütoms for already three weeks , and think it could be Corvid-19, understand that in case of the latter, as Traveller said, it is not yet tested (AFAIK), and that the first point (3 weeks) is an alarm signal that you got hit a bit harder than just by a common cold. Human immune systems currently do not know Corvid-19. Nobody knows for sure currently what assists in curing it, what helps in fighting the symptoms, and what really knocks it out (if anything, we do not know drugs that really kill virusses, we only have drugs slowing down virus reproduction rates, so-called (in German) "Virustatika". Just saying that, since many people do not know that there are no drugs against virusses like there are drugs and antibiotics against bacteria.

And while I am at it, just adding that antibiotics do not help against virusses at all.

Just do not run around and do not go to a doctor and infest other people while you do all that. Stay isolated and have help coming to you. Even if it is just a testing. Also, do not use public transportation or taxi. Corvid-19's landmark characteristic is that it is so very highly infectous, more than sars or common flu, apparently, far more.

Last edited by Skybird; 02-29-20 at 07:58 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 08:15 PM   #596
Traveller
Captain

The jig is up and panic shopping / hoarding has already begun in California, New York, Washington, Utah, Hawaii, and elsewhere. This should become interesting fairly quickly.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-01-20 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-29-20, 08:26 PM   #597
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I know Eccinacea as well and would recommend it in case of just a common cold, it boosts the immune system a bit, so it is said, but it may as well be a placebo effect, so I would not expect wonders, but it might be worth a try. I used to use it in liquid form in past times, using drops, it might have helped, or not, I never was certain. But if you suffer from sympütoms for already three weeks , and think it could be Corvid-19, understand that in case of the latter, as Traveller said, it is not yet tested (AFAIK), and that the first point (3 weeks) is an alarm signal that you got hit a bit harder than just by a common cold.
I think the problem is that many users find it less effective because they don't take high enough doses when sick. But like you said, we don't know yet whether echinacea would have any effect on this new coronavirus. Theoretically, it should because it's behaves a lot like influenza and cold viruses in many ways. Again, we just don't know yet. On a positive note, echinacea is particularly effective against viral respiratory infections, so it's certainly worth a try if infected. But even if research does prove it to be effective for treating this new coronavirus, we'll probably never hear about it in the mainstream media because the pharmaceutical companies cannot patent a natural herb, meaning no profits.

Illinois announces another 'presumptive' positive case of coronavirus.
Quote:
A presumptive positive case of coronavirus has been reported in the US state of Illinois, state health officials said.

What is a presumptive case?This is a patient who has tested positive at a state, county or city lab, but whose results have not yet been confirmed by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention lab.

The Illinois case: This presumptive positive patient is hospitalized in isolation. Officials did not disclose whether the patient had traveled to an area affected by the coronavirus or if the patient had come into close contact with another infected person.

Illinois already had two patients test positive. Both made full recoveries, according to a news release from state officials.
https://edition.cnn.com/asia/live-ne...hnk/index.html

Last edited by Traveller; 03-01-20 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-29-20, 11:38 PM   #598
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
An off topic thought

We are discussing preparation for the worse and this have made me wonder, when will some of you dig up our old thread about preppers

End of an off topic thought

Markus

It's still there, but this is the hot topic now
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...=201465&page=5
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:42 PM   #599
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller View Post

The jig is up and panic shopping / hoarding has already begun in New York, Washington, and Hawaii. This should become interesting fairly quickly.

Man, people are so dumb. They always wait until the last minute then they end up in massive herds packed in lines. Jeezus.

So, when they see one person with a N95 mask, they think "What a weirdo"
When they see everyone with masks they freak out and then wonder why they cannot find them.
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-20, 11:44 PM   #600
Traveller
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Man, people are so dumb. They always wait until the last minute then they end up in massive herds packed in lines. Jeezus.

So, when they see one person with a N95 mask, they think "What a weirdo"
When they see everyone with masks they freak out and then wonder why they cannot find them.
That's why we call them 'sheeple'.

Edit: Add Utah and California to that list. Found and uploaded several more panic shopping videos from those states to my post on page 33. I'm guessing this is currently happening all over the US now.

52 people in Washington state nursing home have coronavirus symptoms. 2 have tested positive so far.
Quote:
Washington state health officials announced a possible coronavirus outbreak in a nursing facility in Kirkland. The officials stated that 52 people in the facility are displaying some coronavirus symptoms and two tested “presumptive positive” for COVID-19.
https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...test-positive/

Yep. Washington state is becoming a hotbed of infections.

Last edited by Traveller; 03-01-20 at 12:55 AM.

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan