Old 03-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #2086
Mr Quatro
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
Something that might be of interest for everyone around here:

I had myself tested yesterday, and it turns out I am positive (i.e. I have the virus).

Basically the only symptom I have was that I lost my sense of smell for a couple of days

This was last Sunday, it's coming back now. It doesn't feel at all like when you can't smell because of a cold, since my nose is completely unobstructed. There was also a slight tingling sensation in and around the nose. Apart from that, I'm feeling fine. I've read that this is not unusual for relatively mild cases.

So - if you're feeling like this, you might want to get tested, if not for yourself, then for those around you.

Stay safe and healthy, and all the best
Sorry to hear this Shearwater
Hope everything turns out well for you
Keep us posted

Your the first member to contract the virus
or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:31 PM   #2087
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
That is usualy the case. Here I am told it is an educated guess and the seasonal flu vaccines (which seniors like myself get free) usually cover the three most likely strains that the experts feel will be present.

Same here in the US; flu shots for seniors are free and the vaccines are base on "best guesses"; there were a couple of years where the strain that did come around weren't on the "best guesses" list, but, fortunately, I didn't get the flu in those years...

Part of the problem with virus vaccines is the fact a lot of viruses do mutate very quickly and it is hard to determine what, if any, formulation will be effective. There is also the fact viruses are the Schrodinger's Cat of infections: they aren't self-viable whole life-forms and they are fully chemical, so they are neither alive or inert and they adapt and mutate so quickly and unpredictably, just when you've got a fix on one strain, its already moved on to another variant; its kind of like trying to pick up mercury with tweezers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
Buddahaid and vienna and Aktung could be in this for a long time:

MARCH 19, 2020

CALIFORNIA ISSUES ORDERS FOR RESIDENTS TO STAY HOME

https://www.laweekly.com/california-...all-residents/

The California Governor, Gavin Newsom, has all along been warning the lock-down could be quite lengthy, so its not really big news for us in CA. I don't know about up north, but down here in the south, people seem to, for the most part, be adapting to the new 'real'. As the days have gone by, a sort of organic template seems to have developed for handling the inconveniences and restrictions and I don't think an extension of a lock down will be any different to us now...

I've got to say one thing: Newsom has been a bit of a pleasant surprise; I really didn't expect much of him, but he has been very forthcoming with plain, simple facts, the good and the bad, not filtered through personal or party politics and has been very reassuring for the citizens of the state. I watched his daily Covid-19 briefings and each has been very detailed about the state of the crisis and the efforts being taken to deal with it. He's earning a lot of points for himself without making himself the point...

The same goes for the Mayor of Los Angeles, Eric Garcetti, who has taken a similar approach of just plain facts and no filter in his own daily briefings regarding LA's conditions and efforts. I didn't think much of him before, but now I have more respect for him, too...

There is something reassuring about just being told the straight truth in times of uncertainty...

I have been wondering about one thing: I have mentioned before I was laid out with some severe illness that lasted about a month or more just at the start of the year and I recall someone else making reference to some similar lengthy illness as well. My case felt like neither a flu or a cold but seemed to be akin to both and, ye, not the same as either; I wonder if I might not have had a case of the virus back then...

<O>
Old 03-29-2020, 09:36 PM   #2088
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
Something that might be of interest for everyone around here:

I had myself tested yesterday, and it turns out I am positive (i.e. I have the virus).

Basically the only symptom I have was that I lost my sense of smell for a couple of days

This was last Sunday, it's coming back now. It doesn't feel at all like when you can't smell because of a cold, since my nose is completely unobstructed. There was also a slight tingling sensation in and around the nose. Apart from that, I'm feeling fine. I've read that this is not unusual for relatively mild cases.

So - if you're feeling like this, you might want to get tested, if not for yourself, then for those around you.

Stay safe and healthy, and all the best

I saw your post after making my last post...

I also wish you the best in dealing with the virus and hope you make a full recovery. Do you have any idea where you may have come in contact with the virus?...

Again, take care and follow doctor's orders...

<O>
Old 03-30-2020, 03:24 AM   #2089
ET2SN
Captain

Downloads: 30

Sorry to post two of these vids if it offends.
Beau is very hard to pin down, so it makes it tough to trust what he says.
I trust the guy maybe 51%, he's let me down in the past (I'm not into anarchy or social re-alignments).
He just knows how to flesh out a topic.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse , china , coronavirus , covid-19 , flu , plague , preppers , virus , wuhan