Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-18-19, 10:59 AM   #16
Abbott
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
I'm glad you can alt+tab now but I don't think that's the issue. Both of those methods just modify how the game runs, they don't affect the installation. If you could record a video of what's happening, that would be immensely helpful.

As I recall, if only snapshot shows up in Fire Control, this usually means you have truth turned on. You have the dots lined up, are you doing TMA manually? Did you actually "Enter the solution"? Fire Control won't "see" a solution until you enter it. Or is auto-crew doing the TMA?

So, do you have track solutions on your NavMap that have course, speed, and range? I believe the only time you can't select a track to engage with fire control other than snapshot is if its classification is still "unknown" (versus being a surface track or sub-surface track) or if truth is on. You can manually set these "unknown" tracks to "surface" or "sub-surface" by right-clicking them on the NavMap and classifying the platform's category (I think that's what it's called, I know how to do it, just can't remember the name lol).

P.S. I'm glad my videos are helping out

I like the sound of a "borked install" better then "operator failure" but I think that you are correct. It's me not getting it right. I did not have these issues with 688 (i) but DW is a whole new ball game. It looks like I need to pay attention a bit more in your YouTube class.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 11:09 AM   #17
Abbott
Watch

One other thing is that I am running at 1920x1080 resolution and that setting is unavailable on the installation program of the Windows 10 fix that I am using. As above I can alt-tab out of the game now which of course is extremely helpful. I am assuming that resolution is the reason I cannot min/max my game window.
Old 10-18-19, 12:44 PM   #18
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

I wouldn't hesitate to blame any issues on Dangerous Waters lol. It's old, dead software (to the developer, at least).

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-19, 04:16 PM   #19
Abbott
Watch

The game now appears to be running properly after removing the game and reinstalling it! I am able to get actual target designations in fire control other then Snapshot which I bet will turn out to be very helpful

Thanks for the assistance gentlemen!
Old 10-19-19, 02:32 PM   #20
Abbott
Watch

I was finally able to complete that scenario last night. Two ships sunk, one damaged and the Akula got away. I had a lot of fun and learned quite a bit about Dangerous Waters. I was able to go deep (Ha, for the Barents) and slide into an undersea canyon and crawl away at about 30 feet off of the sea floor. They never found me and I was able to come up and get the "complete" from the flash traffic.

Lot's of fun!
Old 10-21-19, 07:06 AM   #21
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Glad to hear it!

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters