SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-23-10, 04:54 PM   #1
Greek
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Jutland and Distant Guns Activation Help Needed

Is Storm Eagle still in business? I created a ticket on the 16th and still have no reply. I also think its been a while since they've updated their news. Historically, they were always quick to respond.

Anyway, if anyone can suggest how I can get some help I'd appreciate it. A long time ago my hard drive crashed and when I asked them to reset my activation code all I got was different suggestions to try,like re-download, etc but nothing worked. Short of it was though, they would not just reset my code.

Here I am now, after many failed attempts, with Distant Guns and Jutland and unable to play because they would/could not do a reset for me. Other carriers do it with no problem, but here I can't get it done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Bill
Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 10:53 AM   #2
Sonarman
The Old Man

Downloads: 79

Hi Bill

I think they are still ok, I wonder if they are having a problem with their ticketing system, try posting over at the gamesquad forums which have become the semi-official forums for their games.
Old 08-25-10, 11:31 AM   #3
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

With Jutland, you should download and set-up the demo, start it (as a demo), then enter your code + password from inside the game's main menu (and not from the registration pop-up that appears before the game/demo runs). That did the trick for me; since it's probably been a while since your HD crash by now, the activation should have reset.

If you have the newer version of Distant Guns (1.5), try the same thing. If you have the old (1.0) version, then you need to submit a support ticket to SES, asking for them to release your key. I've done this twice before and they got around to it within a couple of days, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You can find the link to the game's support side under the Distant Guns folder in your Start menu.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 08:44 PM   #4
Greek
Nub

Downloads: 5

I promise myself never to buy another game that requires this sort of activation! I have both Jutland and DG 1.5 and have had far too many problems with activation issues, that's why I never bought the addition (added ships) to Jutland

CCIP, I do think your approach will work (wish someone from SE was there to advise me so), I redownloaded the games and I tried to do as you suggested, it told me I was eligible to relicense (yeah!), but when I did so it told me I could not communicate with their servers (ARGH!)! Either a problem at their end, and they are having some problem (see below) or firewall, but I should have gotten a message from Norton.

Sonarman, I do think they are having trouble with their ticketing system as I have opened a ticket and twice gotten a message to check for a reply, but there is no reply! On the last one there was an acknowledgment "technician bill" had opened it but, beyond that, nothing posted. I did notice someone from SE posted on this site two days prior to my posting, as well as other postings, so they must monitor it. Can't understand why no one from there offered to help.

Guess I'll try again in seven days. Thank you both very much for the suggestions. I'll hopefully getting going from your advice, eventually, but it shouldn't be this difficult to play a game!
Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-10, 09:25 PM   #5
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Oh, well that is a different story, sorry to hear about the troubles. Do check your firewall in the meantime if you can; I haven't run Jutland for a few weeks actually so I just launched it to check, and it had no trouble with authentication. It's really a shame if they aren't getting to your support tickets, though, I'd hope for some help from SES on something like this anyway...

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote