SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-24-21, 05:38 PM   #826
divemonkie
Medic

Downloads: 1031
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
you were inspired by ericlea's work ...
Oh crap! Has it already been done?
I know There's a couple of em for SH4, I did one for FotRS but that was just a copy paste job using Triger Maru.

this time a created a "Dot" for each individual ship so no two are alike, some are a bit "off" Hehe! The other one I just erased the ship completely.

Anyway...If there's already one made nevermind...DOH!
divemonkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-21, 11:58 PM   #827
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 580
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onealex View Post

Thx, than I can start to translate and hope I do not need to much time.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 08:57 AM   #828
Jeremiah110
Swabbie

Downloads: 4

Does seasonal wave height at 2x in winter make impact torpedos useless in rougher seas, i had a few miss a medium sized cargo @2 meter depth and then fired one at 1m depth but it just sailed on right under. Or does the mod model the depth keeping problems they had in the early years?

Other than that, loving it, thankyou
Jeremiah110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-21, 09:05 AM   #829
Onealex
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah110 View Post
Does seasonal wave height at 2x in winter make impact torpedos useless in rougher seas, i had a few miss a medium sized cargo @2 meter depth and then fired one at 1m depth but it just sailed on right under. Or does the mod model the depth keeping problems they had in the early years?

Other than that, loving it, thankyou
Seasonal wave height feature is disabled due to changed waves settings by me
Old 08-26-21, 11:43 PM   #830
CapZap1970
Sea Lord

Downloads: 259
Uploads: 51

Alex, simply thank you very much!!! It looks amazing and adds tons of atmosphere to the game!
Leaving Kiel Sep/1939...

Old 08-27-21, 08:31 PM   #831
hughesjr
Watch

Downloads: 20

The mod is great.. I added back in English voices for the officers though. I get it.. You want the authenticity of German voices. But I'm not interested in learning a new language to play the game.

The mod has all the great parts of GWX, better graphics, and it seems to just work.

Thank you Alex for all the hard work.
hughesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 04:42 AM   #832
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208
Default English voices

How did you put in English voices? Is there a mod for this?
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 09:25 AM   #833
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLOU View Post
How did you put in English voices? Is there a mod for this?
open your vanilla SH3 folder Data/sound/ and copy speech_en than paste it in Onealex sound folder, be sure to select English in options next time you open sh3. Should be good to go
Old 08-28-21, 07:43 PM   #834
MADLOU
Gunner

Downloads: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemonkie View Post
open your vanilla SH3 folder Data/sound/ and copy speech_en than paste it in Onealex sound folder, be sure to select English in options next time you open sh3. Should be good to go
Thanks! Maybe I will now use Voice Attack again. Felt strange using hearing my English commands be repeated to me in German.
MADLOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-21, 07:56 PM   #835
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADLOU View Post
Thanks! Maybe I will now use Voice Attack again. Felt strange using hearing my English commands be repeated to me in German.
I know what you mean, One of these campaigns I'm going to learn the German.
The atmosphere and voices are so much better, If I knew how and could act I'd do some in English but with a German accent.
Old 08-29-21, 06:33 AM   #836
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 580
Uploads: 7

Translation is finished but I have the issue with the de_help.txt and I am not able edit the ingame view to see 3 separators more.

Ps: I translated at the moment only the de_menu.txt and de_help.txt and add German keyboard layout.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 07:30 AM   #837
hughesjr
Watch

Downloads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by divemonkie View Post
I tried just putting the folder in place .. I don't think it worked and the menu for officer voices says disabled. I did not see how it was disabled (I looked for a few minutes, then just decided to replace files in the sound/ dir with files from sound_en/).

I copied the sound_en from GWX mod (instead of vanilla) as there are added files not in vanilla .. but I also backed up the original directory in case of issues.

Make sure to copy into the sound directory (and not replace it completely) as there will be, even with GWX, some files in the onealex mod that do not exist in the other location. These extra files will obviously still be in the German language if they are called. It is important that you have them all though.

I have a very basic VoiceAttack profile right now for Silent Hunter 3. It has all the shortcut mappings I can find in F1 and a couple more I figured out from looking in the file: <install_dir>\data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg. (Actually I found a couple more that are missing from F1 help in that file .. so I need to edit my VoiceAttack Profile again).

I do not see an easy way right now to enter a numerical heading OR to do manual rudder movements except right hard, left hard, and amidships with shortcut keys.

I am looking at the shortcuts / modifications that sh3speech made to see if they added some other key shortcuts to the commands_en.cfg file or if they did it in a different way.

I have not yet tried any mouse click menu type items for the voice attack profile .. just shortcut keys.

EDIT: Indeed, looking at sh3speech, they have indeed added some shortcuts into the Commands_en.cfg file .. but rather than replacing the file directly .. I'll see if I can diff the file from the original GWX. This may be hard as it is written for GWX 2 and not latest. If i figure out any great shortcut that are not in the standard Command_en.cfg now, I'll look for a VoiceAttack thread or create one on the forums for SH3.

Last edited by hughesjr; 08-29-21 at 07:49 AM.
hughesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:50 AM   #838
divemonkie
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughesjr View Post
I tried just putting the folder in place .. I don't think it worked and the menu for officer voices says disabled. I did not see how it was disabled (I looked for a few minutes, then just decided to replace files in the sound/ dir with files from sound_en/).

I copied the sound_en from GWX mod (instead of vanilla) as there are added files not in vanilla .. but I also backed up the original directory in case of issues.

Make sure to copy into the sound directory (and not replace it completely) as there will be, even with GWX, some files in the onealex mod that do not exist in the other location. These extra files will obviously still be in the German language if they are called. It is important that you have them all though.

I have a very basic VoiceAttack profile right now for Silent Hunter 3. It has all the shortcut mappings I can find in F1 and a couple more I figured out from looking in the file: <install_dir>\data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg. (Actually I found a couple more that are missing from F1 help in that file .. so I need to edit my VoiceAttack Profile again).

I do not see an easy way right now to enter a numerical heading OR to do manual rudder movements except right hard, left hard, and amidships with shortcut keys.

I am looking at the shortcuts / modifications that sh3speech made to see if they added some other key shortcuts to the commands_en.cfg file or if they did it in a different way.

I have not yet tried any mouse click menu type items for the voice attack profile .. just shortcut keys.

EDIT: Indeed, looking at sh3speech, they have indeed added some shortcuts into the Commands_en.cfg file .. but rather than replacing the file directly .. I'll see if I can diff the file from the original GWX. This may be hard as it is written for GWX 2 and not latest. If i figure out any great shortcut that are not in the standard Command_en.cfg now, I'll look for a VoiceAttack thread or create one on the forums for SH3.
DOH!
Good catch, thanks. I'd forgotten about any changes mad by GWX.
Old 08-29-21, 03:33 PM   #839
johnmarrington
Swabbie

Downloads: 46

Hello Alex,
Let me first say that your mod collection is the best Silent Hunter 3 I could ever play. Above all, it is also by far the most beautiful. I have one suggestion for improvement: the water has an unattractive polygon effect at certain angles of sunlight and in certain sea states. Can anything be done about this?

Привет, Алекс,
Позвольте мне сначала сказать, что ваша коллекция модов - это лучший Silent Hunter 3, в который я когда-либо играл. Помимо всего прочего, он еще и самый красивый. У меня все еще есть предложение по улучшению: вода имеет непривлекательный эффект многоугольника при определенных углах солнечного света и определенных условиях моря. Можно ли что-нибудь с этим сделать?

EDIT:
Does the M.E.P v6 Mod solve this problem? Can it be included in your Mod Compilation?

Last edited by johnmarrington; 08-29-21 at 03:52 PM.
johnmarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-21, 10:59 PM   #840
kaizerhund10
Mate

Downloads: 223

do you have the full crew mod like in wac 5.0? or can i use that mod in ur mod
kaizerhund10 is offline   Reply With Quote