SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-09, 04:56 AM   #46
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs77 View Post
I won't continue further, in fact I have set of unified .sim, .cfg files for all ships based on TMT mod but I'm afraid I created more mess doing this

I'd like to point out a few more things:
- cumberland, devonshire, norfolk - looks like they have wrong mass/displacements in .sim, I checked wiki on this and 13300 for their displacement in .cfg looks much more real

- one of the fishing boats - boat_4 - has displacement of 885 tons in .cfg, it doesn't look right, fishing boat of destroyer size ?

- pbtrawler, again .cfg says 480 tons compared to 110 in .sim, a little to big

we need complete clean solution for all ships, that would be great
i told you that we don't know anything about the acuracy of the draft values. our job would be only the copying of b+d values .....
about acuracy,lets hope to show up someone that realy knows whats going on with draft values.
ps:you said that you have set the values for all ships based on TMT mod? where is this?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
Old 07-23-09, 05:17 AM   #47
rs77
Helmsman

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

I did too much things at once and I'm afraid it's total mess

- took 'Sea' folder with TMT enabled
- added B&D ships that you left over
- edited .sim files - corrected some displacements and moved all mass values to displacement
- edited .cfg files - corrected some displacements and all draft values

I don't like it at all and won't be sharing this because it won't be useful and may introduce strange bugs, right now I can't even say for sure what I did there sometimes I'm too chaotic

I'd say that you don't want this crap anyway

SH3 forever keep modding
Old 07-23-09, 05:24 AM   #48
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
I did too much things at once and I'm afraid it's total mess

- took 'Sea' folder with TMT enabled
- added B&D ships that you left over----NO,leave them definitely outside
- edited .sim files - corrected some displacements and moved all mass values to displacement
- edited .cfg files - corrected some displacements and all draft values

I don't like it at all and won't be sharing this because it won't be useful and may introduce strange bugs, right now I can't even say for sure what I did there sometimes I'm too chaotic

I'd say that you don't want this crap anyway
ok , just check if the original numbers (of draft values in .sim and draft values at .cfgs ) are ALL correct at the .xls file you send me and let me know.

EDIT: BETTER ,ONCE YOU WILL DO THE 'DIRTY' JOB TO CHECK THE NUMBERS(LEAVE THIS....) , COPY THE DRAFT VALUES(ONLY THE DRAFT VALUES....) OF B+D TO TMT'S CFGS AND SEND THEM TO ME. CAN YOU DO THIS ?

Old 07-23-09, 10:40 AM   #49
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Hi mates,

Makman contacted me by PM to speak about some issues on this matter.

First of all we need to have some goals here:

1. Make the ships sail behaviour "more realistic" (fixing that rubber like effect)
2. Fix all ships that are sinking in bad water
3. Finaly, fining adjust the mast (draught) values on .sim (what is really used by the game engine) and also on .cfg for the player reference. Here is where TMT mod enters

For fix the item 1, the draught values and the neutral buoyance are necessary (mass=displacement, or one of them equal to zero)

For fix the item 2, the ideal fix will be on .zon (zones box) for those few ships that have problems. Adjusting only the mass/displacement/draught could solve partially the problem but it will introduce a very bad sail behaviour on those ships.

For fix the item 3 we need first finish the fix for both items above and them finally copy all necessary values to the .cfg.

About the issue where the draught is zero, I just can say that when i found one i just left it as it was. Probably a forgotten bug by devs or by some modded ships, I really don't know. Perhaps some tests could be done and then also adjust these values. Anyhow, the real solution/trick for all sinking ships at bad wheater/water is on the .zon files, not on the .sim, unless some absurd values on .sim were found. I suggest to contact ref (from GWX team), he is really the man on this .zon matter.

Cheers,

Rubini.

Last edited by Rubini; 07-23-09 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 11:00 AM   #50
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini View Post
Hi mates,

Makman contact me by PM to speak about some issues on this matter.

First of all we need to have some goals here:

1. Make the ships sail behaviour "more realistic" (fixing that rubber like effect)
2. Fix all ships that are sinking in bad water
3. Finaly, fining adjust the mast (draught) values on .sim (what is really used by the game engine) and also on .cfg for the player reference. Here is where TMT mod enters

For fix the item 1, the draught values and the neutral buoyance are necessary (mass=displacement, or one of them equal to zero)

For fix the item 2, the ideal fix will be on .zon (zones box) for those few ships that have problems. Adjusting only the mass/displacement/draught could solve partially the problem but it will introduce a very bad sail behaviour on those ships.

For fix the item 3 we need first finish the fix for both items above and them finally copy all necessary values to the .cfg.

About the issue where the draught is zero, I just can say that when i found one i just left it as it was. Probably a forgotten bug by devs or by some modded ships, I really don't know. Perhaps some tests could be done and then also adjust these values. Anyhow, the real solution/trick for all sinking ships at bad wheater/water is on the .zon files, not on the .sim, unless some absurd values on .sim were found. I suggest to contact ref (from GWX team), he is really the man on this .zon matter.

Cheers,

Rubini.
hello Rubini,
for 1 : i think that we are ok with this ( b+d mod is exactly this or i misunderstand?)

for 2: we have problem ONLY with two ships,all the others are ok.can you look at these two please and see if you can fix them ? the ideal would be to make a fix without changing their current height above the water

for 3: i didn't get your point with the ships with draught=0.when you say that you didn't touch them that means that we can use the draught value that is showing at cfgs? (assuming that is an accurate one)

Old 07-23-09, 02:58 PM   #51
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Ok. I replied you by PM. I will look at the files in the weekend and will post here my finds, tests and ideas on the matter.

See you guys!
Old 07-23-09, 03:39 PM   #52
rs77
Helmsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
ok , just check if the original numbers (of draft values in .sim and draft values at .cfgs ) are ALL correct at the .xls file you send me and let me know.

EDIT: BETTER ,ONCE YOU WILL DO THE 'DIRTY' JOB TO CHECK THE NUMBERS(LEAVE THIS....) , COPY THE DRAFT VALUES(ONLY THE DRAFT VALUES....) OF B+D TO TMT'S CFGS AND SEND THEM TO ME. CAN YOU DO THIS ?
the values in .xls doesn't really matter, it is just comparison of draught in .sim and .cfg in stock GWX3.0, and the proof that they should be the same, which in fact is kinda obvious

well I just finished I did exactly what you asked for

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2tjigigzmk/TMT mod.7z

it's TMT mod with values of draught from .sim files written to .cfg files, so now we should have proper values in recognition manual - I rounded up values to one decimal point (e.g. 10.2 instead of 10.18) because it doesn't make sense to give better precision in recognition manual

I also added .cfg for ships that come without it in your mod (e.g. german naval ships), if you think that it's not neccesary you can discard them of course

of course you can use it, release it in next version or whatever you like to do with it
it's all for the better game and community

SH3 forever keep modding

Last edited by rs77; 07-23-09 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 10:33 PM   #53
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
the values in .xls doesn't really matter, it is just comparison of draught in .sim and .cfg in stock GWX3.0, and the proof that they should be the same, which in fact is kinda obvious

well I just finished I did exactly what you asked for

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i2tjigigzmk/TMT mod.7z

it's TMT mod with values of draught from .sim files written to .cfg files, so now we should have proper values in recognition manual - I rounded up values to one decimal point (e.g. 10.2 instead of 10.18) because it doesn't make sense to give better precision in recognition manual

I also added .cfg for ships that come without it in your mod (e.g. german naval ships), if you think that it's not neccesary you can discard them of course

of course you can use it, release it in next version or whatever you like to do with it
it's all for the better game and community
Well done Rs77 !
REALY well done ! (as far i had checked them are ok ! do one more check you too please ! )

now , when Rubini look at the problem with the ships (this weekend) and give me the .sim files for them and find what to do with ships that have draught=0 ,
it will be realeased the 'TMT mod-v2' which will include also the correction to Averoff's length and the new draught values (many thanks again to Rs77)
and many thanks also to Rubini
bye

Old 07-23-09, 11:06 PM   #54
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelifecrisis View Post
(like the 'bad' girl...nobody wants it as girlfriend BUT everybody wants it to....)

:rotfl: that was completely unexpected!
don't tell me that you are shocked OLC !!
there are many boys in the forum !

Old 07-24-09, 02:42 AM   #55
rs77
Helmsman

makman,

I checked those draughts once again to be sure , of course some minor tweaks needed to be done (few values rounded up, one corrected by 0,1m, added .0 for values without decimal point, etc.)

update:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jn2mz3znzy/TMT mod (update).7z

SH3 forever keep modding
Old 07-24-09, 08:25 AM   #56
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
makman,

I checked those draughts once again to be sure , of course some minor tweaks needed to be done (few values rounded up, one corrected by 0,1m, added .0 for values without decimal point, etc.)

update:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jn2mz3znzy/TMT mod (update).7z

all right Rs77 ! i saw all the draught values and we are ok (the .0 is produced by the game even if you don't put it)
we are done with this,now Rubini is turning the wheel .when having results for .sim files will continue with this.
well done Rs77 !
thank you very much

Old 07-24-09, 09:01 AM   #57
rs77
Helmsman

that's no problem at all

did you try to put some torps just under the keel of some vessels to see if it's done the right way ?

you know, calm sea, stationary target, recog says the ship's draught is x meters, put the torp at x and a half meter and see if it's going just a little under the keel

can't wait to see TMT v2

SH3 forever keep modding
Old 07-24-09, 10:14 AM   #58
makman94
Hellas

ok , i shot one ! its the Anson .now take a good look at pictures (although is difficult to capture the screen) and make your guesses on how deeper from hull this torp is running . later i will post the view from the peri (where is shown the draft value of Anson and the depth set of torp):

here is the answer :

Last edited by makman94; 07-24-09 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-24-09, 02:43 PM   #59
rs77
Helmsman

COOOL

sink'em all

SH3 forever keep modding
Old 07-24-09, 07:06 PM   #60
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Hi mates,

Just before I go to my alone retired weekend in the mountains, it´s cold and rainning alot here (my family is in vacancy in another place)...with a laptop and some essential files... please show me what are the ships that are sinking in bad water and also any other relevant comment that could help. For example what are the ships that have draught=0 on GWX/TMT mod?
Closed Thread