SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-20-13, 11:43 AM   #1
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
Default Videos (development)

I'll always post the link to the newest video here on top in this first posting of the videos thread.

Sometimes I won't quickly show new stuff even if could, at of time of writing this I am in such a phase.

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic - U 96 <-- name was "Arcade Missions before"

Update:

Update:
still working on the light… lighting of ships still need improvement in heavy seas

Update:

This video shows the water surface refraction and real time global illumination in WOTA. It does not show any game play (but a weird rotating boat ;-) ). In the 2nd half the time of day is accelerated to show the effect of the global illumination: basically everything always automatically visually fits together - at any time of day or any weather. Unfortunately my touch solution isn't really smoothed yet which causes the camera movements sometimes to stutter, but the device can handle it at constant 60 frames per second.

Update:

Test of the AI controlling the MG 34 mounted on the conning tower. Test set up! Graphics are worse than in game. Aircraft models and the impact explosions of the MG 34 ammunition for testing purposes only. Aim & hit test, no damage simulation:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

WOTA AI Training: Air Attack… (ALL those bad looking models (except submarine) and all of the environment are NOT in game graphics!!!) The graphics are just for testing purposes of the AI programming. (cannons only, no bombs in this test)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152364402624604
(can be watched without a fb-account)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Some new stuff in this work in progress video. Recorded via AirPlay. (was made as an auto running demo App for a 3rd party company)

Update:

Fletcher Class Destroyer

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forum • facebook

Last edited by v-i-c-; 12-21-14 at 03:55 PM.
v-i-c- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-13, 11:50 AM   #2
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

A list of WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic playlists on youtube

Really old and completely outdated (2009/2010):
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8CC52EC4A84DF290

Newer but also completely outdated (2010/2011):
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=SP9F0F4808FD34DA1F

The Seehund playlist (2012/2013)
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...lsMLJR4lpL4GHT

WOTA: Wolves of the Atlantic™ - upcoming mobile U-boat simulation for iOS (later Mac, PC, Linux) • subsim forum • facebook
Old 11-20-13, 11:52 AM   #3
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Video of the water in WOTA (July 2013) and a Vorpostenboot:

Old 11-20-13, 01:08 PM   #4
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Maybe an interesting video, it's from 2011 and not looking good but it shows the buoyancy physics pretty well because it shows MTB's riding the waves (actually they are italian MAS Boats… and untextured)

Old 11-27-13, 01:33 AM   #5
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Within some days I'll post a new movie here - this will finally show the current look of the game. (last movie and screenshots are almost 5 months old). Stay tuned.

Old 12-06-13, 02:03 PM   #6
v-i-c-
Watch Officer

Still no new movie (takes some more days)

But I've just finished the Anschuetz Compass with correct 0.1 degree precision.