Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-06, 11:09 AM   #1
Ilpalazzo
Frogman

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Default WW1 flight sims? & joystick suggestion?

I was looking to see if there were any ww1 flight sims out that weren't....old. I happened to find this http://www.d-strict.com/ . Anybody heard of it? Doesn't seem to be available yet. At first I thought it was some sort of mod but it sounds like its own game. I couldn't really find anything so does anybody know if there are any good recent ww1 flight sims around? I just love those old planes.

On the subject of flight sims, what are some good joysticks? Right now I have a 'Logitech extreme 3d pro' or something like that. To be honest I hate it. My hand becomes uncomfortable rather quickly and the stupid thing doesn't center well. I let go and the plane does a barrel roll. I want a solid joystick that will center in one place without jiggling at the slightest touch or vibration. Best I can do is adjust sensitivity settings of course but it's still annoying that I have to try so hard to hold it still. Just can't let go without it going off somewhere. Hard time aiming in IL2 if you can imagine.

Hope somebody has a good suggestion. Preferably one that isn't over 100 USD. edit. the saitek x52 looks nice and it's $100 at newegg. Anybody know if this joystick is good? I heard some people say that after some time it loses its precision or something like that. I hope that's not true because it sounds and looks like a comfortable joystick.

Last edited by Ilpalazzo; 08-12-06 at 01:01 PM.
Ilpalazzo is offline   Reply With Quote