Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-13-21, 03:30 PM   #16
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

^ and more of those above

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 04:51 PM   #17
Commander Wallace
Navy Seal

Downloads: 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee View Post
Man am I late to the Gojira dance.
Good thing I'm East Coast now. I can't imagine crabbing now.

You might have been late to the party but you still made it. That's all that counts.
Commander Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 01:27 AM   #18
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

I jus' hope the little nippers are into 'fuku-sushi '!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-21, 01:31 AM   #19
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

I feel sorry for the local fisherman trying to earn a living and support there families . Who is going to eat fish from there if it is harmless or not .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 04:32 AM   #20
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Default What happened at China's Taishan nuclear reactor?

Did not want to start a new thread, are there also Godzillas in China?

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/...or-2021-06-15/

"Li Ning, a Chinese nuclear scientist based in the United States, told Reuters that CNN was "making a mountain out of a molehill" and that it was unrealistic to expect "zero failure" in the fuel cladding of nuclear projects anywhere in the world.

Li said the media were "often unwilling to put risks into proper perspective", which he said had effectively killed off the nuclear industry in the west."

Did it? I think it only killed Germany's nuclear industry, but then no reactor here has been shut down despite official reassurances . They are all still online, though the nuclear industry received millions for their expected financial losses.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 06-15-21 at 04:41 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 07:31 AM   #21
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I jus' hope the little nippers are into 'fuku-sushi '!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
I feel sorry for the local fisherman trying to earn a living and support there families . Who is going to eat fish from there if it is harmless or not .
I thought i just said that!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-21, 08:19 AM   #22
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

I've been kind of following the discussions on NHK of the idea of releasing the reactor water into the sea and the tone seems to be one of high ambivalence; there is the stark realization the waste has to go somewhere combined with the Japanese long-acquired empirical cognition of the effects of nuclear radiation; NHK has regularly been broadcasting news stories and documentaries detailing the disaster and its aftermath; the net effect on the Fukushima region is rather much akin to the effects seen at Hiroshima and Nagasaki when it comes to radiation; there are entire villages and towns that no longer exist because the radiation risk is so high and they exist like ghost town 'monuments' to the extent of the disaster (and that is apart from the jaw dropping damage done by the tsunami); its not just the fishermen and their connected industries; it is also the farmers, the dry land industries, the mom-and-pop-shops, the tourist industry, and scores of other businesses and enterprise, small and large, that have had their lives wrenched from them; ten years on, the wounds are still open and still very fresh; the Japanese refer to Fukushima as "3/11" much the same way US citizens refer to the WTC disaster as "9/11", and they have just as large a sense of national loss and anguish as we in the States; we have spent the last 20 years trying to make sense of and rectify what happened on 9/11; the Japanese have spent the last decade trying to make sense of and rectify what happened on 3/11, and now face even more very hard decisions upcoming; as with us, who have found ourselves burdened by a seemingly inescapable quagmire in the ME, the Japanese people are facing a very classic, and tragic, 'damned if you d,o damned if you don't' set of choices...

<O>