SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-18, 05:09 PM   #496
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

I have been told custody is one of the Strictest punishment in the Danish criminal code

A friend gave me a link to an article about the different between these to type of punishment
(Used google translate)

Custody:
Indefinite custody equals prison indefinitely. This means that the convicted person does not know how long he will sit locked up, he can not get unaccompanied output can not be released on parole and can not apply for a pardon. custom is that people in custody minimum sitting, the equivalent of a fixed-term sentence. Thus, custody is the strictest punishment in the Danish Criminal Code, and in the preparation of the law it is emphasized that custody should only be used to a very limited extent

Lifetime:
A person who gets life imprisonment can not be released on parole, but be pardoned by the Queen. In practice, however, it is the Minister of Justice, which refers to lifetime prisoners on application. If a person is convicted in life, he will usually be pardoned after about 12 years. The average time for confinement of lifespan is 15 years and 3 months

The article was from 2004, but there haven't been much change in these laws since then.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-18, 11:53 AM   #497
Dahoon
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
If a person is convicted in life, he will usually be pardoned after about 12 years. The average time for confinement of lifespan is 15 years and 3 months

Something is wrong with those numbers.
Old 04-26-18, 03:20 PM   #498
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoon View Post
Something is wrong with those numbers.
I just copied the text-translated it, checked for any misspell or grammar

I don't know how they have come to this average time 15 years and 3 months.

I'm not an expert on Danish law or its Code of law(Straffeloven)

The only thing I can say is-It's good PM got life-Hope they will lock him up for good and throw the key away.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 05:32 AM   #499
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Downloads: 47

https://twitter.com/AnklagerSAK/stat...34016572469248

Breaking news!
PM has only appealed the sentence, and not the question whether he was guilty or not.
So he wants a milder sentence.

Well, since he doesn't go all the way in his appeal, it's reasonable to say that he did it the way which the city court concluded and that he indirectly admits it now. But that's just my interpretation.
But I doubt that he'll get a milder sentence.

Download my mods from SHMF
Follow my photography here
taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Carotio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-18, 06:57 AM   #500
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Hopefull he'll have more chance of getting bitten on the backside by a cabbage.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 11:02 AM   #501
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

Just a quick update:
PM has been beaten up in jail - what could you expect with a history like that!? - and a female prison guard has been released from duty, since she got emotionally involved with PM - not the first time something like that has happend.
The lawyer has requested PM to be moved to Herstedvester prison, where inmates of his kind are put. Currently, no place in that prison is available, so he stays, where he is for the time being. But he will be moved there eventually.
The female guard is 40 years old, single mother of 2 boys. She has quit the job herself, because she refuses to stop contact with PM. I wonder what the father of the 2 boys has to say about that, if they still share parenthood.

And most important, the trial about his sentence starts September 5th - like very soon. I doubt that he will get a milder sentence, but only time will tell.

https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/nu-er-pe...lyttet/7283083
https://ekstrabladet.dk/112/kvindeli...madsen/7273813

taler dansk, speak English, spreche Deutsch, parle fraais, forstår svenska/norsk, comprendo castellano
Old 08-28-18, 11:57 AM   #502
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBUNA
Hopefull he'll have more chance of getting bitten on the backside by a cabbage.
Quote:
The female guard is 40 years old, single mother of 2 boys. She has quit the job herself, because she refuses to stop contact with PM. I wonder what the father of the 2 boys has to say about that, if they still share parenthood.
RESSURECT THE SUBMARINE; THROW IN A BOTTLE OF CHAMPAGNE; TWO CANS OF SPAM; SOME CABBAGE.....AND PUT PM AND THE FEMALE GUARD ABOARD FOR A LITTLE tête-à-tête. AN ANCHORED IMMOBILE SUB IN THE MIDDLE OF THE KATTEGAT MAKES A FINE PRISON BARGE...ALL HATCHES TO BE IN OPERATING CONDITION FOR A 'CONVENIENT' ACCIDENT

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 01:24 PM   #503
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

That female prison guard surely needs to see a shrink

Old 08-28-18, 08:04 PM   #504
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

Maybe she's trying to commit suicide?

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-18, 10:46 PM   #505
mako88sb
XO

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Some people are just wired different and seem to have no problem with people who commit such crimes. I'll never forget an article in our local paper where they were interviewing a woman about to get married to a convicted murderer by the name of David Shearing who killed 6 members of a family back in 1982. When asked why she would marry somebody like that she basically stated that she gets the same fuzzy-wuzzy feeling falling for a murderer and helping him out as she does for rescuing a stray animal. The sicko kept the 2 girls aged 11 & 13 alive for a while to do what he pleased with them so the reporter asked the lady if she would be fine leaving her niece with her fiance. She just changed the subject at that point. Looks like his next parole bid is in 2021. Not likely he'll ever be set free but they still have to go through the parole application process every 5 years. It used to be every 2 years so what a horrible thing for the family to have to keep going through.
mako88sb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-18, 03:28 AM   #506
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

Quote:
You mean admitted to a mental asylum
Old 08-29-18, 09:02 AM   #507
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

I doubt most women would ever feel safe in his presence. Talk about sleeping with one eye open!!

Old 08-30-18, 12:49 AM   #508
Schroeder
Navy Seal

Downloads: 62

Quote:
I doubt most women would ever feel safe in his presence. Talk about sleeping with one eye open!!
They'll get used to it quickly...corpses can even "sleep" well with both eyes open...
Old 09-12-18, 12:23 PM   #509
Carotio
Mr. Bad Wolf

https://politiken.dk/indland/art6697...d-Peter-Madsen

Today, it was the second court meeting of the appeal case.
In the appeal case, it was supposed to be 3 juridical judges and 3 lay judges, who were supposed to decide if it would be a life sentence or a sentence with a specific number of years in prison. Now, one of the lay judges has been removed from the case, because he has got a new job, and this job makes him ineligible to do this service.
So the 2 remaining lay judges will get 1.5 vote each. The 3 juridical judges have 1 vote each. In order to give PM a life sentence, there has to be at least 3.5 votes. Do the math of combinations yourself.

The third and last court meeting is supposed to be friday 14th of september, where we will know, which sentence he'll get.

Old 09-12-18, 02:57 PM   #510
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Thank you for keeping us updated.

At this point, this story gets very little, if any, coverage in the US press

Tags
madsen, murder, nautilus, wall