SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-28-11, 05:32 AM   #271
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The British Torpedoes had a narrow gyro angle, 10% either side of the boats heading, I believe, my quote may not be exact but it was narrow compared with it's German counterparts.

You really need to be in a good shooting position first, a good position is at 90% of the bow. When in a T Class if shooting destroyers I fire 6 torps and increment them by a step of say 2, 3, 5 and 6 degrees ahead of the destroyer, the last torpedoe is fired at about 3% ahead to catch the ship as it turns away, works quite well. Other than that attack destroyers only at night, one or two torpedoes are enough. This does not apply the merchants of coase.
Old 12-31-11, 05:46 AM   #272
echo3
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0
Default U Class Skin

Does anyone know how to alter skin for the U Class. In Med they were painted blue, due to clarifty of water?

echo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 07:56 AM   #273
sidslotm
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo3 View Post
Does anyone know how to alter skin for the U Class. In Med they were painted blue, due to clarifty of water?
Hi echo and welcome. You'll need a paint app that will handle DDS format files.

The files are in sh4/Data/Submarine/NSS_U... there are the

NSS_U_O01
NSS_U_O01_Ir
NSS_U_T01
NSS_U_T01_lr............make backups
Old 01-08-12, 05:58 AM   #274
Nub

Downloads: 71
Hi and well Done

Just wanted to say what a fantastic Mod and I've enjoyed every minute playing it.
I do find the visual range of the U class a challenge when running on the surface, compared to that of the T Class. Guess i'll have to follow proper RN Docterine when using the U.

To all involved a hearty well done for what has been achieved so far.
014147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-12, 02:40 AM   #275
diesel97
Sailor man

Downloads: 327

Thanks for all the work on this from everyone involved. Does anyone have any other single missions ?.
Old 04-14-12, 06:50 AM   #276
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
Hi SH4ers,

A few weeks ago I contacted sidslotm about our interest for the British campaign that lurker created with WDAD.

Unfortunately, seems like lurker has given up SH4 modding, and the WDAD project was left unfinished, so after sidslotm created a couple of Singleplayer missions set in the Med, I had the idea of somehow build campaign layers to play a sub out of Malta. A lot of work was already there thanks to what lurker did in the first part of WDAD, but also a lot had to be added. I've sent a PM to lurker to get permission to use his layers, but I'm afraid there's no answer by now. In case he doesn't say a word, I'll have to make from scratch some of them myself (with a loss in quality I'm afraid, but there's no other option). The mod will run in SH4 1.5, on top of the original WDAD mod.

Little by little, reading a lot around the forums here, learning my way in the files of SH4, the Campaign is shaping up. At the start it was a 1941 campaign for a U-class sub out of Malta. By now it lets you use a U or a T-Class starting in Malta, Gibraltar or Alexandria from 1940 to 1943, with patrol zones all around the Mediterranean (from Sardinia up to Syria), and also Flying Carpet missions to bring supplies to Malta or landing Commandos in different spots of the enemy coast. You could even be ordered to transport Chariots to the surroundings of an Italian base.

I got permission from a few SH3 modders to build up the Italian Fleet, which until now had only in WDAD the Soldati Class Destroyers.

VonDos gave me permission to use his ships, which include the Duilio Battleship, and the Trento, Montecuccoli and Barbiano cruisers, as well as the San Giorgio Armoured cruiser and the Gradisca Hospital Ship.

While not 100% secure, because he has dissapeared from SH modding scene, Gerome_73 lends his Littorio-class Battleship Roma. I contacted the person who uploaded that ship to SubSim, and also someone who had recently asked him for a similar thing for one of his works. I'm confident that, as long as proper credit is given, there would be no problem in using it.

Then I've used a couple of ships already in WDAD to act as Italians. That includes a German TB to act as the Italian Torpedinieri, which are roughly similar to an allied DE, and also a Japanese Subchaser, for the Gabbiano class of corvettes. Also added to the Italian roster a few different merchant ships, to have variety.

Right now I'm also trying to contact the creators of the Baltic Mod to get permission to use the nice Zara class cruiser they did. In case that is not possible, the German Hipper is in WDAD and can be quite convincing as a Zara.

Of the main ships, the only class really lacking is proper fleet destroyers, which by now are only represented by the Soldati. If anyone is interested in doing extra DD classes, that would be very welcome.

I'd like to hear your opinions, comments and ideas, and when I have a Beta version, a few volunteers to test would be great. I will also probably ask you for help when I meet unknown stuff.

A few pics:

The Italian fleet at sea:

T-Class boat setting sail from Alexandria:

Patrol zones. The green lines separate the patrol areas for Gibraltar (Left), Malta (Center) and Alexandria (Center and Right)

A Duilio-class battleship about to get into trouble:

Stormy weather off the Tunisian coast. That destroyer foundered two minutes after taking this screenshot.

A Condottieri I-Class cruiser:

UPDATE: 29/7/2011 v2.5 released

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IGZFOWWA

Mirror 1: http://www.4shared.com/file/_7q5s6dA...paign_v25.html

Mirror 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p5sgjf

Link to WDAD (mandatory download): http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=170639

As an FYI to all Captains, the first link above to megaupload takes you to a screen that says the site has been take by the US Dept. of Justice. The 4shared link works after you register.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-12, 02:37 PM   #277
Railgun
Watch

Downloads: 63
Default wdad med campaign

hi all

I have downloaded from Sidslots link the 2.5 version campaign with its 4 wdad files . Is that all I need to run this ?

best regards and a Frohe Weinachten from Münsterland

Rg.
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-12, 12:50 PM   #278
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
As an FYI to all Captains, the first link above to megaupload takes you to a screen that says the site has been take by the US Dept. of Justice. The 4shared link works after you register.
I just deleted the dead link in Megaupload and the 4shared link (no registering was needed back then). Sendspace link is still operative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
hi all

I have downloaded from Sidslots link the 2.5 version campaign with its 4 wdad files . Is that all I need to run this ?

best regards and a Frohe Weinachten from Münsterland

Rg.
WDAD + WDAD patch 1 + Med Campaign is what it takes.

Merry X'mas to you too
Old 02-13-13, 09:28 AM   #279
Lindley
Medic

Downloads: 377

Excellent Work it made me reinstall SH4.

A few questions:

Did anyone ever complete an English Crew Voice Pack?

Any uniform mod that will add the submariner sweater and also the cap?

I think I already know the answer to this but I have to ask.
Did anyone consider an Italian Regia Marina submarine career mod?

Thanks.
Old 02-14-13, 12:14 PM   #280
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Glad to hear that someone enjoys the British Campaign in the Mediterranean .

My intentions with this mod were sparking interest in the British subs and draw some more people to complete WDAD, which was left incomplete by his creator. But obviously in Subsim this interest is almost non-existant (hardly any feedback from players and/or extra modders), so I stopped working on it.
Old 02-14-13, 01:54 PM   #281
Lindley
Medic

Downloads: 377

Hello JapLance.

By creating a Royal Navy Campaign in the Med you have preformed a great service for the Subsim Community IMO.
I started a thread in the SH3 forum to see if anyone would be interested
in an Italian Submarine Campaign:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom//sho...d.php?t=197198

Also I found this for SH4:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=190207

The Med is a great place to patrol and the Italian element to the your Med Campaign great

I think almost all the main Submarine forces are represented in Sh3/Sh4 even the Free French:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=177802&page=2

But sadly not the Italians

PS Are you using an Environment Mod the screenshots above have a lighter blue sea than my standard SH4
sea?

Last edited by Lindley; 02-15-13 at 10:37 AM.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-13, 11:24 AM   #282
Karl Heinrich
Soundman

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 2

This sounds great, will be getting this ASAP. Would love to help if I can. I'm a graphic artist and can do reskinning if you need any extra hands to do that.

Also, I've been working a recording a British voice pack for WDAD (will be starting a thread on this shortly) so I don't know if you had any plans for this, but we're making good progress if you wanted to utilise our work

Keep up the good work
Old 02-20-13, 11:26 AM   #283
Karl Heinrich
Soundman

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Glad to hear that someone enjoys the British Campaign in the Mediterranean .

My intentions with this mod were sparking interest in the British subs and draw some more people to complete WDAD, which was left incomplete by his creator. But obviously in Subsim this interest is almost non-existant (hardly any feedback from players and/or extra modders), so I stopped working on it.
Forums have life cycles and I can assure you there is now some interest - it may still be very minor but very passionate
Old 02-20-13, 01:09 PM   #284
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Heinrich View Post
This sounds great, will be getting this ASAP. Would love to help if I can. I'm a graphic artist and can do reskinning if you need any extra hands to do that.

Also, I've been working a recording a British voice pack for WDAD (will be starting a thread on this shortly) so I don't know if you had any plans for this, but we're making good progress if you wanted to utilise our work

Keep up the good work
I'm pretty sure some people will love the British voices .
Old 02-20-13, 02:13 PM   #285
max-peck
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 393

Quote:
I'm pretty sure some people will love the British voices .
I certainly would

Good work Karl Heinrich - looking forward to it

--------------------------------------------------
Authority should derive from the consent of the governed, not from the threat of force

If the only tool you have is a hammer, pretty soon everything starts to look like a nail

FOTRS Ultimate
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=226270
The future of SH4 - coming to a PC near you soon
max-peck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
british, campaign, italian, malta, mediterranean