Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 10-01-10, 10:34 PM   #1546
gordonvembu
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeWolf View Post
Thanks gordonvembu,
yes, I am a modder too and I think modding is why we are not interested in
those non-pc games. Only the PC enables us to mod and therefore modding
will always be allowed. However you can see as a modder how important it is
to maintain the exchange of mods within the members ranks so I can continue
the ability to earn money from my models and new developments etc. well into
the future.

ZeeWolf
I understand and agree completely. Can u tell me in the kursk expansion if we will be able to operate other vehicles than the tiger? I am glad you are set up with paypal. Thankyou.
Old 10-01-10, 11:25 PM   #1547
animal
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

the panther looks fun, I can't wait to drive it one day and replay some of the stock missions perhaps?

one problem though, given the angle of the first pic there there is no bulge in the turret side for the commander's cupola. one of the many reasons the ausf.D was changed for the ausf.A
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-10, 11:43 PM   #1548
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonvembu View Post
I understand and agree completely. Can u tell me in the kursk expansion if we will be able to operate other vehicles than the tiger? I am glad you are set up with paypal. Thankyou.
For now there is two playable tank types the Tiger and T34-85. Of course that ability to
add new playable tanks to the sim is now a reality, there will be other tank types that will
be playable. The Kursk missions that are completed are for the Tiger but I will add T34
missions when I finish the playable T34-43 hard edge turret with Commanders copula that
should be ready before the Thanksgiving holiday along with some more new AI vehicles.
And I would love to have the Prokhorovka map done and out before Christmas with both
Tiger and T34 playable missions
As for the first T34 mission that will give you a taste of whats to come, it will be the new
Russian mission one that I am finishing up, replacing the current re-worked stock one for
Project members. It's really a blast because you will be part of a mass armored attack
with lots of comrades to destroy the "Fascist Invaders".

Cheers

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-10, 03:26 PM   #1549
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal View Post
the panther looks fun, I can't wait to drive it one day and replay some of the stock missions perhaps?

one problem though, given the angle of the first pic there there is no bulge in the turret side for the commander's cupola. one of the many reasons the ausf.D was changed for the ausf.A
Thanks animal,
But about the turret bulge, my panther represents the most common Ausf D
and most in number at Kursk.

Cheers,
ZW

Old 10-03-10, 11:18 AM   #1550
LcSummers
XO

Downloads: 341
Default You make me nervous

[QUOTE=ZeeWolf;1507685]Thanks animal,

Cheers,
ZW

HI ZW and fellow members,

first of all, yeah i realized the Panzer II, very well done. I like that little friend. Lets rock it.
What about a recon vehicle ( AI ? maybe, frinik mentioned the Luchs wich was in the Normandy campaign) that was superior in any terms. I mean the SdKfz 234/3 PUMA. This would be nice in the Future. I like the idea of the Luchs too. So ZW you know its only a thought not a must. I think you know me now.

About the PANTHER. Dont make me nervous. FANTASTIC!!!!!! WOW ZW youre the best.
I am very pleased to see that beast. Cant wait for it. I hear it roaring. You make me love the D Version to but i never liked that MG "slot". This was altered on the later models, even on late Panther D too. The tracks are fantastic.
BUT there is one thing i dislike. I cant feel and ride that beautiful modeld beast.

About simmers who will not supply you. I understand this too, this is their choise but for myself i will not let you and our members down. You made and make a great job, you are the GUY who let TvT live up again.
And the most IMPORTANT: I am very proud to be a member, ZW had always made a great job and he supports us in any way. If we have a desire about that game and if its possible to do, i makes it. And for myself, beeing in this forum i found new friends, including ZW himself. This is a very important thing to mention.

That little amount of 30 Euros is worth it, and i will support him till that game is finished and i am driving around with my favorite tanks. There are many members who think the same way. WE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN!!!!!!

So we all are waiting with patience for the new release.

Hear from you and Zank YOU

LC
LcSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 01:28 PM   #1551
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

[QUOTE=LcSummers;1508134]
Quote:
Thanks animal,

Cheers,
ZW

HI ZW and fellow members,

first of all, yeah i realized the Panzer II, very well done. I like that little friend. Lets rock it.
What about a recon vehicle ( AI ? maybe, frinik mentioned the Luchs wich was in the Normandy campaign) that was superior in any terms. I mean the SdKfz 234/3 PUMA. This would be nice in the Future. I like the idea of the Luchs too. So ZW you know its only a thought not a must. I think you know me now.

About the PANTHER. Dont make me nervous. FANTASTIC!!!!!! WOW ZW youre the best.
I am very pleased to see that beast. Cant wait for it. I hear it roaring. You make me love the D Version to but i never liked that MG "slot". This was altered on the later models, even on late Panther D too. The tracks are fantastic.
BUT there is one thing i dislike. I cant feel and ride that beautiful modeld beast.

About simmers who will not supply you. I understand this too, this is their choise but for myself i will not let you and our members down. You made and make a great job, you are the GUY who let TvT live up again.
And the most IMPORTANT: I am very proud to be a member, ZW had always made a great job and he supports us in any way. If we have a desire about that game and if its possible to do, i makes it. And for myself, beeing in this forum i found new friends, including ZW himself. This is a very important thing to mention.

That little amount of 30 Euros is worth it, and i will support him till that game is finished and i am driving around with my favorite tanks. There are many members who think the same way. WE WILL NOT LET YOU DOWN!!!!!!

So we all are waiting with patience for the new release.

Hear from you and Zank YOU

LC
It is Kameraden like you LC that gives me with great joy the heart of a servant.

Wenn Alle Untreu Werden [click here]

ZW

Old 10-03-10, 06:22 PM   #1552
O_Smiladon
Mate

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Thanks guys,
I want you guys to think about something that you may have over looked,
The amount of work that is involved here could not have been possible if
I had not invested both time (18 months) and the cost of the software I
use. I want you to see from my perspective; if I could make a living at this
the potential for this Sim would truly be the perfect WW2 tank simulation
we all want. Who else do you know that has done what many including some on this forum said could not be done.
And you have got to know my efforts have not been based on money but on a love for this sim and the joy of creating something I have wanted since a boy - the perfect WWII tank sim.
So, the question I want to ask is : Will you help me with your money?
I understand times are tuff and I am willing to adjust the yearly membership but look I am already giving my absolute best, nothing half heart-ted or short term.

ZeeWolf

ZeeWolf I would Gladly give you your 60 70 80 or 100 to make this game complete..But to me its not going to be complete unless there s a
Functioning multiplayer aspect to the game, the guys at panzersim can only go so far and they have been bashing there heads trying to get it to work, As said I would give you cash toward a bigger picture
O_Smiladon
Advocate to the multiplayer
O_Smiladon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-10, 07:32 PM   #1553
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Smiladon View Post
ZeeWolf I would Gladly give you your 60 70 80 or 100 to make this game complete..But to me its not going to be complete unless there s a
Functioning multiplayer aspect to the game, the guys at panzersim can only go so far and they have been bashing there heads trying to get it to work, As said I would give you cash toward a bigger picture
O_Smiladon
Advocate to the multiplayer
Welcome aboard O_Smiladon,
T34 vs Tiger has what I believe a tremendous potential for multi-play, having been put on the market with the major focus on the Multi-play aspect.
As a matter of fact the multi-play feature worked far better from the day this sim was released compared to the single player aspect. With bugs yes but not like the single play.
So, please stop and think about that for a moment while also considering the remarkable developments that Project ZeeWolf has successfully brought to those who had the trust in me to give me a chance to re-invent this great WWII tank simulation.
Then please note that as a army of one that I can only produce so much as anyone
can be quick to point out and still my production can only be fairly compared with the original developers at G5.
Therefore, I have very high expectations from T34 vs Tiger - and from those who want a top of the line WWII tank simulation.
But as you know I am no Mother Theresa (God bless her heart) and those who believe I can turn my vision for this sim into reality would never expect me to be. But if you could get behind my efforts now I could get behind the muti-player aspect in the future.

Sincerely,
ZeeWolf

Old 10-03-10, 07:52 PM   #1554
O_Smiladon
Mate

Mr ZeeWolf thank you for you reply
You have made my hart beat a little quicker in regards to your massage on MP.

you may well expect a little donation in return for you efforts heading towards a stable MP experiance.

lets see if i can dust of the CC and get a donation for you..

This will be a donation toward the MP part of the game as i do not need your other d/L at this time For single player for me is a little like fishing in a barrel....full of content but not really Satisfying

O_Smiladon
Old 10-03-10, 08:28 PM   #1555
gordonvembu
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Mr ZeeWolf thank you for you reply
You have made my hart beat a little quicker in regards to your massage on MP.

you may well expect a little donation in return for you efforts heading towards a stable MP experiance.

lets see if i can dust of the CC and get a donation for you..

This will be a donation toward the MP part of the game as i do not need your other d/L at this time For single player for me is a little like fishing in a barrel....full of content but not really Satisfying

O_Smiladon
I definitely agree with u that the only thing that will keep a game alive is good online play. So ZeeWolf i will purchase your $60 package and also would like to encourage u to focus on multiplayer once u finish Kursk.
Old 10-03-10, 08:34 PM   #1556
O_Smiladon
Mate

Mr Zeewolf check your account a little present there for ya..

I do have (MP) bracketed

As said have done this for the greater good of the sim..Muiltiplayer.

O_Smialdon
Old 10-03-10, 09:52 PM   #1557
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Mr Zeewolf check your account a little present there for ya..

I do have (MP) bracketed

As said have done this for the greater good of the sim..Muiltiplayer.

O_Smialdon
Ok you guys first let me be as clear as possible: I have not begun nor had on the radar screen the muti-player part of T34 vs Tiger. So, if you make a $60.00 donation for Project ZeeWolf it will go for 2010 membership and the 2010 completed work only.

If you have a problem with that PM me or e-mail me.

Now I need you to recognize that I have a huge list of projects that will take
years to complete fully. The multi player could be a part of that list if I can
get some a number of guys that want to steer me so-to-speak in that focus. But, because I would have to start from scratch to learn all aspects of multi-play I could not even guess on when or if I could make any progress what so ever. So, please understand this and read this again before asking me about multi-play.

ZeeWolf

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 10-03-10 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-03-10, 10:37 PM   #1558
O_Smiladon
Mate

Zeewolf,

As i said for the greater good of the Sim..

However that being said I know that you do have your hands full, I do appreciate your effort ($60) to you.

But I do feel you might have a bit of race on your hands, There are muting of other Tanks sims coming on to the market multiplayer single player , up to date game engines with graphics to boot.
Once these sim come on the market you may find your cash flow drying up... Unless you have a very good plan with your road map for TvT it might become a white elephant.
Mate as said I have every respect for what you are doing but I am a realist and I think if you spend 2 years trying to improve TvT by yourself I am sorry to say I don’t think it will last long.
If I may make a suggestion to you why don’t you let someone come in with you and give you the help that you need. I am sure there are modders out there with just as good of talent as yourself that would offer their time for free to realize the dream and make it come about a lot quicker
Zeewolf at the end of the day Yes I would like to see MP come in soon, Yes I understand that you are only one man and you have taken on a massive task which could take you years to complete. But I have given you $60 usd around $85 New Zealand money to help you on your way and I do not regret my decision in helping you.
Good luck with your venture I just hope that TvT will not be taken over by some classy whizz bang sim that everyone will get into and TvT will become a thing of the past. I go back to my first post on this forum Let TvT survives .
Salute and regards
O_Smiladon
Old 10-04-10, 12:56 AM   #1559
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Zeewolf,

As i said for the greater good of the Sim..

However that being said I know that you do have your hands full, I do appreciate your effort ($60) to you.

But I do feel you might have a bit of race on your hands, There are muting of other Tanks sims coming on to the market multiplayer single player , up to date game engines with graphics to boot.
Once these sim come on the market you may find your cash flow drying up... Unless you have a very good plan with your road map for TvT it might become a white elephant.
Mate as said I have every respect for what you are doing but I am a realist and I think if you spend 2 years trying to improve TvT by yourself I am sorry to say I don’t think it will last long.
If I may make a suggestion to you why don’t you let someone come in with you and give you the help that you need. I am sure there are modders out there with just as good of talent as yourself that would offer their time for free to realize the dream and make it come about a lot quicker
Zeewolf at the end of the day Yes I would like to see MP come in soon, Yes I understand that you are only one man and you have taken on a massive task which could take you years to complete. But I have given you $60 usd around $85 New Zealand money to help you on your way and I do not regret my decision in helping you.
Good luck with your venture I just hope that TvT will not be taken over by some classy whizz bang sim that everyone will get into and TvT will become a thing of the past. I go back to my first post on this forum Let TvT survives .
Salute and regards
O_Smiladon
Thanks O_Similadon, I understand and appreciate your donation as well as your directness .
I too am a realist and have considered my odds of producing this on such a scale.
But after all is said and done I love this sim. It has all I need to keep me going regardless of what's on the horizon. And I offer something that of course I would hope would be of interest to WWII tank simmers for a long time to come - my best full hearted effort.
Although I could use some help, there is one area that I would consider bringing someone aboard in the area of (c++, java) programming and code development. In particular (Direct X) graphic shaders, physics and AI.
As for modeling: Structures and hard surface Texture mapping. That is where I would start.
As for your hope that TvT will NOT (edited) degrade to a "whizz bang sim", not with me mate

Cheers

ZW

Last edited by ZeeWolf; 10-04-10 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-04-10, 01:38 AM   #1560
O_Smiladon
Mate

Quote:
As for your hope that TvT will degrade to a "whizz bang sim",
Salute ZeeWolf,

Good for you..And I feel that you got me wrong there. I hope the TvT does not get taken over by some whizz bang sim..

So all the best with your venture..

And I will keep at TvT myself for I to Really like it. and want to see it succeed.

Cheers

O_Smiladon