SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2018, 02:12 AM   #10171
Muckenberg
Electrician's Mate
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 131
Downloads: 415
Uploads: 0
Default

Hello Vecko
We would like to play a multiplayer with my colleague and I know that before the torpedoes have dropped the game during our basic missions, is it possible that the problem is that these missions are not modified for use in TWOS? I judge that one captain earlier complained that he did the same in one of the basic single missions.
Thank you for the answer and apologize for my English.
Muckenberg is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 02:24 AM   #10172
vdr1981
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 5,340
Downloads: 545
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Hello Vecko
We would like to play a multiplayer with my colleague and I know that before the torpedoes have dropped the game during our basic missions, is it possible that the problem is that these missions are not modified for use in TWOS? I judge that one captain earlier complained that he did the same in one of the basic single missions.
Thank you for the answer and apologize for my English.
Hey Muckenberg

I have edited all stock multiplayer missions to be compatible with TWoS. There should be no problems anymore...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:44 AM   #10173
desepticon
Seaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

My wishlist for future versions of WOS (yes, I know WOS is a collection of other mods, but a man can dream):

* Option for higher resolution and larger TDC dials. It can be hard to see what I'm inputting at 1050 resolution, so I usually use it conjunction with the XO interface.

* More immersive periscope view. Something more like SHIII, where we get more than a black background. Maybe even integrate the TCD into a SHIV style "box".

* Option to disable morale stuff. I hate having to go to my cook and morale officer every few days to boost it to keep it high. Too micro.

* Fix radar so I can still use it at decks-awash or even if a little water splashes over my bow.

On a side note, I'm almost to May of '45. Is there some kind of end game screen?
desepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:21 AM   #10174
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 37
Downloads: 121
Uploads: 0
Default

What are ****. you was broken all. Where are TAI map. Where instruments. Чем дальше в лес, тем больше дрофф. After load save game - I miss TAI instruments. TAI map. DONATION???? Whore that????
KrOkOZyABrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 03:35 AM   #10175
Muckenberg
Electrician's Mate
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 131
Downloads: 415
Uploads: 0
Default

Hi, Captain
I would like to ask you if you have such a problem. Unfortunately, it happens to me that from some angle my smoke and flames will disappear from the damaged ship. Just take the camera with a piece and flames and smoke reappears. Is that happening to you?
That Vecko:
Have you ever considered incorporating real events into TWOS? For example, the "Berlin" operation, Hipper cruiser attacks and the like?
Muckenberg is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 04:33 AM   #10176
desepticon
Seaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrOkOZyABrA View Post
What are ****. you was broken all. Where are TAI map. Where instruments. Чем дальше в лес, тем больше дрофф. After load save game - I miss TAI instruments. TAI map. DONATION???? Whore that????
If i'm understanding you correctly, you can't access the TAI map or instruments?

For the TAI, try to click the little grey circle above the depth orders bar on the left.

The instruments (I assume you mean the TDC dials) can be accessed from the periscope view. There are three buttons near the torpedo launch button, "Spread", "Minimal", and "All". Try clicking one of those, depending on what you need to see.
desepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:02 AM   #10177
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully
 
THEBERBSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dibden Purlieu - Southampton
Posts: 8,836
Downloads: 1002
Uploads: 0


Default

hi guys
Seems like he has had the TAI Map and instruments and now after a game save he can no longer access them.
Logic says a corrupted game save.

Where were you and how did you make this last game save?
Have you tried loading the game save before this problem one?
Can you see the TAI Map and the instruments?
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #10178
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 37
Downloads: 121
Uploads: 0
Default

TAI map work properly. Ok all after loading my save game. When I use time compression 8 or 64 or 256 or 2 on topographic map - all TAI instruments disappear. grey circle disappear and all attributes of TAI map.
KrOkOZyABrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:15 AM   #10179
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully
 
THEBERBSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dibden Purlieu - Southampton
Posts: 8,836
Downloads: 1002
Uploads: 0


Default

Hi K
In my experience I would not use the TAI map for high TC but use the navigation map.
The navigation map covers a much greater area and your boat will stay within the map area easier.
The TAI map has a much better use in the attack station where using the Tab key and your scroll wheel makes it a very useful tool.

Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #10180
KrOkOZyABrA
Seaman
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 37
Downloads: 121
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi K
In my experience I would not use the TAI map for high TC but use the navigation map.
The navigation map covers a much greater area and your boat will stay within the map area easier.
The TAI map has a much better use in the attack station where using the Tab key and your scroll wheel makes it a very useful tool.

Peter
Ok. I am pleasure your choise. but I need TAI map and external view I like look on the ocean and submarine and this great mod graphic I like thanks. very thanks - cool guys maid this. very cool. but TAI map doesn't work properly.
KrOkOZyABrA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #10181
vdr1981
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 5,340
Downloads: 545
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckenberg View Post
Hi, Captain
I would like to ask you if you have such a problem. Unfortunately, it happens to me that from some angle my smoke and flames will disappear from the damaged ship. Just take the camera with a piece and flames and smoke reappears. Is that happening to you?
Yes, it happens to everyone regardless of PC configuration...

Quote:
That Vecko:
Have you ever considered incorporating real events into TWOS? For example, the "Berlin" operation, Hipper cruiser attacks and the like?
TWoS and it's improved OHII campaign already have a number of scripted historical events, like invasion of Norway, Bismark's first and last voyage into Atlantic, D-day invasion, some events in Mediterranean sea IIRC ect. Adding more is possible in the future but I'll have to allocate more spare time for research and editing these complex events in mission editor. We'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
My wishlist for future versions of WOS (yes, I know WOS is a collection of other mods, but a man can dream):

* Option for higher resolution and larger TDC dials. It can be hard to see what I'm inputting at 1050 resolution, so I usually use it conjunction with the XO interface.
For that, I would need someone with decent dds editing skills and Photoshop. I do not own it and my "gimp skills" are quite limited...

Quote:
* More immersive periscope view. Something more like SHIII, where we get more than a black background. Maybe even integrate the TCD into a SHIV style "box".
Periscope view in TWoS is based on real pictures...Immersive or not, that's what they had.



Quote:
* Option to disable morale stuff. I hate having to go to my cook and morale officer every few days to boost it to keep it high. Too micro.
That is possibility indeed, but I'll have to figure out first how to do that without braking something, if possible at all...

Quote:
* Fix radar so I can still use it at decks-awash or even if a little water splashes over my bow.
Hardly...It's a game limitation...

Quote:
On a side note, I'm almost to May of '45. Is there some kind of end game screen?
I can't say, I never got that far in the campaign...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:20 PM   #10182
desepticon
Seaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Periscope view in TWoS is based on real pictures...Immersive or not, that's what they had.
In game though, the periscope view represents more than just looking through the optics. You have the TDC dials, recognition manual, and the torpedo controls. I think it would be nice to have this represented in a more attractive way

Quote:
That is possibility indeed, but I'll have to figure out first how to do that without braking something, if possible at all...
This mod disables morale limitations on orders. It says it was superseded by the fixes brought by the 1.2 patch. However, I was using this before with my own custom mod list on 1.2 though. It seemed to disable the morale pips entirely too.

Morale Mod

Quote:
For that, I would need someone with decent dds editing skills and Photoshop. I do not own it and my "gimp skills" are quite limited...
What about the dials from the SHIV uboat missions addon? Are those in a higher rez? It seems the ones we have now are from SHIII, or an SHIII mod.

Last edited by desepticon; 05-27-2018 at 02:29 PM.
desepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #10183
desepticon
Seaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Looking in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex, it appears there are higher resolution textures for the TDC available.
desepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:22 AM   #10184
vdr1981
Navy Seal
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Србија
Posts: 5,340
Downloads: 545
Uploads: 13


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
Looking in C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4\Data\Textures\TNormal\tex, it appears there are higher resolution textures for the TDC available.
Which one?
Regarding your moral mod, I don't think that a mod from 2010 will work without problems with latest TWoS. There's been to much changes in the files...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:55 AM   #10185
desepticon
Seaman
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 34
Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Which one?
There are a few files which seem related to the U-boat TDC, or a least have images in them that are part of it.

cadrane_3.dds
cadrane_21.dds
CR9C_4.dds
CR9C_cadrane.dds
detalii_21.dds
Uboat9D2_CT_tbd_1.dds
Uboat18_CT_tbd_1.dds

Quote:
Regarding your moral mod, I don't think that a mod from 2010 will work without problems with latest TWoS. There's been to much changes in the files...
For what its worth, I was using it with an OHII based modlist up until recently when I switched to WOS. Regardless, I may be a good basis to start from.
desepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim