SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-10, 10:52 AM   #31
vanvar1987
Swabbie

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by audessy View Post
I played around for a few hours and got this working right. I ran into a dilemma of having the sub sink when damaged to badly on the surface but sinking to rapidly submerged. Or it would flood realisticly submerged but never sink on the surface.

To solve this problem I made the fuel tanks the critical spot on the surface. If your fuel tank takes too much damage it will detonate and send you to the bottom. Still alive of course. Don't be worried though. The fuel tanks take a bit to get damaged and shouldn't be detonated by depth charges due to no armor piercing.

While being depth charged you may have to deal with some hardcore damage control. I had a depth charge hit me at 50 meters. Direct hit. The flooding was so intense right away that I had to go to flank speed to stop diving. I still sunk anyway as the room filled. A depth charge at point blank was even more deadly than this. However I think it's far more acceptable than vanilla sh5.
I had a chance to test it out. Your right about it be very realistic. The depth charges are very unforgiving now. Awesome job! You might want to consider developing this into a mod for all. It's really that good.

Thanks again for the hard work.

PS: Nice idea about the fuel tank by the way.
vanvar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 11:31 AM   #32
Drifter
Frogman

Downloads: 75

vonTorpitz, I am currently working on a Longer Repair Times mod for Silent Hunter 5. You will pray for death to end your suffering once your U-boat gets heavily damaged using my mod.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-10, 06:56 PM   #33
audessy
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 132

I'm glad you like it. If you feel it's too hard you just have to get below the thermal layer in stock SH5. They don't bother you much then. However in later mega-difficult mods this may have to be toned down a bit.

Drifter, I can help you with that if you'd like. I know testing can be really time consuming.
audessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 07:31 PM   #34
keith_uk
Torpedoman

Downloads: 101

I already had 11% hull damage when i installed these new settings and my boat had a bad list while below the surface.

I don't know if this is due the the ghost flooding you mentioned earlier?

Anyway, i changed the Flotability settings a bit so any flotability areas that were at 0 before at back to 0 now. I don't know if this will work?

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
keith_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-10, 08:45 PM   #35
audessy
Electrician's Mate

Your hull integrity shouldn't have been at 11% already. A conflicting mod maybe?

If you're taking damage without actually being attacked I'd say there's a big problem. You may want to check the subs .zon file. Make sure those hitpoints are higher. And the armor is set to 5 or close to that.

FYI Though. If you set all the flotability areas except the rooms you'll be invincible on the surface. I at least suggest you set the fuel tanks back to 100+.
Old 04-11-10, 01:04 PM   #36
keith_uk
Torpedoman

Downloads: 101

It may be the BARF mod?
Anyway, i disabled the BARF mod, put the orignal games zones CFG file back, added your settings to the zone cfg file in the BARF mod and then enabled BARF again.

Seems ok now, no list when i go under.

Thanks for your work on this audessy, its something that is really needed in this game.

Imagine if there could be a situation in the game like in Ds Boot, where you are stuck on the bottom for hours trying to fix your sub and not die. The game could have much more too it when you think about it.

Keith.
Samsung SSD 830 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
keith_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 03:33 PM   #37
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith_uk View Post
Imagine if there could be a situation in the game like in Ds Boot, where you are stuck on the bottom for hours trying to fix your sub and not die. The game could have much more too it when you think about it.

Keith.
Agree that is exactly what I dream to see in SH5 !

Keep up the good work guys.

Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 05:20 PM   #38
oscar19681
Admiral

Downloads: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanvar1987 View Post
I had a chance to test it out. Your right about it be very realistic. The depth charges are very unforgiving now. Awesome job! You might want to consider developing this into a mod for all. It's really that good.

Thanks again for the hard work.

PS: Nice idea about the fuel tank by the way.
Yeah i would like to see this be made into an real mod as well.

Jim Morrison 1943-1971
oscar19681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-10, 09:46 PM   #39
audessy
Electrician's Mate

Hmm. Maybe sometime this week.

You know what the funny thing is? I designed this mod under SH4!

I'm glad to hear it works fine with SH5 boys! Thanks for being my test subjects.

Can someone tell me if my big !@# fireball comes out when your fuel tank gets destroyed on the surface? It looks very cool in SH4. I want to know what it looks like in SH5.

@Athlonic Follow my instructions in this thread and you can achieve that. You should never receive the instant death screen depending on your hitpoints and crashspeed. Personally below crush depth I do believe the boat should implode at 300 meters but that's up to you.
Old 04-13-10, 08:06 AM   #40
vanvar1987
Swabbie

Downloads: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by audessy View Post
Hmm. Maybe sometime this week.

You know what the funny thing is? I designed this mod under SH4!

I'm glad to hear it works fine with SH5 boys! Thanks for being my test subjects.

Can someone tell me if my big !@# fireball comes out when your fuel tank gets destroyed on the surface? It looks very cool in SH4. I want to know what it looks like in SH5.

@Athlonic Follow my instructions in this thread and you can achieve that. You should never receive the instant death screen depending on your hitpoints and crashspeed. Personally below crush depth I do believe the boat should implode at 300 meters but that's up to you.
Yes the big fireball does show when the fuel tank gets destroyed .
I would say FuelExplosion=#oil_explosion works quite well. Funny that it works from SH4. You did some fine work here.
vanvar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 09:35 AM   #41
t0maz
Ensign

Downloads: 44
Anyone could please made a JSGME ready mod from this with proper credits?
t0maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-10, 12:23 AM   #42
audessy
Electrician's Mate

Wish granted!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=167720

Enjoy my mod. And thank you for the feedback.
Old 04-14-10, 07:48 AM   #43
t0maz
Ensign

Downloads: 44

Thx
t0maz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
damage, damage assessment, flooding, mods, repair