Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-04-21, 04:58 PM   #1
dietrich.fritz99
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default No new boats in WoS?

Hi there

just wondering why I am still stuck with a VIIA despite sinking 200,000 tons and onto my 15th patrol. Onto mare nostrum were I read the generic Uboat was supposed to be a VIIC? still stuck in the VIIA, not sure if this is a bug or not.

Many thanks, its a great mod.
dietrich.fritz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:09 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietrich.fritz99 View Post
Hi there

just wondering why I am still stuck with a VIIA despite sinking 200,000 tons and onto my 15th patrol. Onto mare nostrum were I read the generic Uboat was supposed to be a VIIC? still stuck in the VIIA, not sure if this is a bug or not.

Many thanks, its a great mod.
Check your KSDCommader patrol logs for your current rating and possible neutral kills. I hope you didn't skip few patrols in order to "speed up" the war?

You'll find the option to copy/paste your patrol logs here as well...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:13 PM   #3
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Icon1 Welcome aboard!

dietrich.fritz99! well your in Mare Nostrm ie: the Mediterranean, that was a deathtrap for all sbmarines in WW II incl British ones. The water, for example, was clearer than the Atlantic, and some submerged boats could be seen from the air with oft-fatal consequences. BdU isnt gonna waste a first rate VIIC boat in second front effort in N. Africa to help the worthless Eyetalians!...much less getting a new boat to Port Spezia through dicey Gibraltar??!!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-04-21 at 05:33 PM.
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:14 PM   #4
dietrich.fritz99
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Check your KSDCommader patrol logs for your current rating and possible neutral kills. I hope you didn't skip few patrols in order to "speed up" the war?

You'll find the option to copy/paste your patrol logs here as well...
aha!, think that might be were the problem lies, I remember sinking 3 Portuguese ships and accidentally a few Swedish as well..... Noticed my rating is also -1, did not skip any patrols tho, however have had a few barren ones.

here is my patrol log

Awards: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen, Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes
Commanded: U-29(VIIA)
Current Location: 2ndFlotilla
Home Base: Memel, Kiel, Wilhelmshaven, Lorient
Merit: 7495
Raiting: -1
Sinking tonnage: 198,213
Sunk merchant ships : 46
Sunk warships: 8
Aircraft Shot Down: 7
Torpedoes launched: 131
Impact: 49
Missed: 73
No exact data: 9
Number of patrols: 16
Total time at sea: 231 days
Current Status: out to sea 3/15/1941

Much appreciated.
Old 01-04-21, 05:15 PM   #5
dietrich.fritz99
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
dietrich.fritz99! well your in Mare Nostrm ie: the Mediterranean, that was a deathtrap for all sbmarines in WW II incl British ones. The water, for example, was clearer than the Atlantic, and some submerged boats could be seen from the air with oft-fatal consequences. BdU isnt gonna a first rate boat in second front effort in N. Africa to help the worthless Eyetalians!...much less getting a new boat to Port Spezia through dicey Gibraltar??!!
good point actually, maybe I should just go to my death quietly.
Old 01-04-21, 05:27 PM   #6
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

In the Mediterranean campaign 62 out of 62 Uzboats were sunk; against some 90 Allied merchants, two carriers and one battleship sunk...a poor return on investment. Of the 60 boats attempting passage thru Gibraltar, only one ever made the return trip; and 10 died just trying.If "money is the sinews of war" this is a very badly 'pulled hamstring'...no imho about it. In short, U R totally expendible! Resign your commision and grab a Mauser: U R sorely needed at Stalingrad!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-21, 05:42 PM   #7
dietrich.fritz99
Swabbie

Quote:
In the Mediterranean campaign 62 out of 62 Uzboats were sunk; against some 90 Allied merchants, two carriers and one battleship sunk...a poor return on investment. Of the 60 boats attempting passage thru Gibraltar, only one ever made the return trip; and 10 died just trying.If "money is the sinews of war" this is a very badly 'pulled hamstring'...no imho about it. In short, U R totally expendible! Resign your commision and grab a Mauser: U R sorely needed at Stalingrad!
Yeah haha, only reason I decided to go to the med is because I was hoping to find myself a battleship or aircraft carrier to sink, seem to be very few of those in the Atlantic!

Anyways I will probably die, and I will take a rusty old VIIA with me, which is better than losing a VIIC I guess. BdU gotta think long term.
Old 01-04-21, 08:38 PM   #8
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
aha!, think that might be were the problem lies, I remember sinking 3 Portuguese ships and accidentally a few Swedish as well..... Noticed my rating is also -1, did not skip any patrols tho, however have had a few barren ones.

here is my patrol log

Awards: Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse, U-Boot-Kriegsabzeichen, Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes
Commanded: U-29(VIIA)
Current Location: 2ndFlotilla
Home Base: Memel, Kiel, Wilhelmshaven, Lorient
Merit: 7495
Raiting: -1
Sinking tonnage: 198,213
Sunk merchant ships : 46
Sunk warships: 8
Aircraft Shot Down: 7
Torpedoes launched: 131
Impact: 49
Missed: 73
No exact data: 9
Number of patrols: 16
Total time at sea: 231 days
Current Status: out to sea 3/15/1941

Much appreciated.

Not too bad regarding your mishaps with neutral ships and barren patrols... You need only 2 or 3 nice juicy patrols with 1000+ merit/renown per each (1000= 1 rating point, 100 or less= -1, 100-1000= 0). Go for more valuable targets like tankers and large freighters and in few patrols you'll probably be awarded with brand new type VIIC...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-21, 12:25 PM   #9
dietrich.fritz99
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Not too bad regarding your mishaps with neutral ships and barren patrols... You need only 2 or 3 nice juicy patrols with 1000+ merit/renown per each (1000= 1 rating point, 100 or less= -1, 100-1000= 0). Go for more valuable targets like tankers and large freighters and in few patrols you'll probably be awarded with brand new type VIIC...
sounds good that, just out of curiosity what is the skill rating for a new boat?
thanks alot
Old 01-07-21, 02:53 AM   #10
Muckenberg
Planesman

Downloads: 527

Quote:

Good day
I hope I understood your post well.
Could you please write the number of the U-boat that was ordered to cross Gibraltar from the Mediterranean to the Atlantic? Any more details on this operation?
I recently pointed out this fact in the TWoS thread that this fact seems nonsense to me in the campaign. In my opinion, the power of the electric motor and type VII batteries did not allow it to cross the strait into the Atlantic underwater. And on the surface I really don't know I don't know. But perhaps I am wrong and the campaign is based on facts.
Thank you for your possible answer and excuse my English.
Muckenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 07:52 AM   #11
Spuky05
Seaman

Downloads: 26

Quote:
sounds good that, just out of curiosity what is the skill rating for a new boat?
thanks alot
Would like to know that as well because, I have a rating of 2 and still can't buy the vii c
Spuky05 is offline   Reply With Quote