SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Wolfpack: the new multiplayer co-op U-boat simulation > Wolfpack
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2019, 01:25 AM   #1
derstosstrupp
Officer
 
derstosstrupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 299
Downloads: 410
Uploads: 0
Default Wolfpack Night Full Engagement - Videos

OK folks, got videos figured out. Maiden videos of my historical methods for data collection. This is a night engagement from start to finish, demonstrating the use of my Excel tool for my comprehensive tutorial, both of which are in my sig. Enjoy!

Part 1:
Part 2:
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
blackswan40
Steel Sharks Bdu
 
blackswan40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IN THE STEEL SHARKS VIRTUAL OCEAN
Posts: 529
Downloads: 432
Uploads: 20


Default

Hi derstosstrupp Great Video's and great excel tdc calculater keep the video's coming and updates on your excel spreadsheet.
I dont have Microsoft Office i use Open Office 4.1.6 but its compatable
with MSO

a very nice tool that is for sure will be a great asset for Uboat Kapitans when playing Wolfpack


thanks again
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 05:47 AM   #3
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 296
Downloads: 149
Uploads: 0
Default

Great videos! Looking forward to the rest!

You might want to check levels though; your voice is much too quiet compared to the game sounds and engine noise, and as you're providing tutorials, it's much more important we hear you clearly.

Elphaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 06:43 AM   #4
derstosstrupp
Officer
 
derstosstrupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 299
Downloads: 410
Uploads: 0
Default

Thanks for the feedback, guys! I’ll check the levels on the next go round.
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
Pisces
Silent Hunter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AN9771
Posts: 4,475
Downloads: 240
Uploads: 0


Default

I don't know if it is Youtube still needing time to process the video in higher resolution (max resolution I can get now is 720p60 HD), or that you might need to do something about capturing settings. But on the bridge the view is awfully blocky. Also, if you can, I would suggest you increase the volume of your voice and reduce the level of the game. I had to crank up my speaker volume to the max in an otherwise quiet room to clearly hear you and still needed to concentrate.

Also, in the second video, I find it easier to read centigrads by putting the line on the mast and the scale on the waterline. Then it is usually clearer to tell the fractions of centigrads. If there is enough contrast with the water in the dark. Hard to say if it is the case here.

Otherwise nice video for a first timer. And good to see a different kind of attack from the surface with torpedoes. Many stick to fire them while submerged.
Pisces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
derstosstrupp
Officer
 
derstosstrupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 299
Downloads: 410
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
I don't know if it is Youtube still needing time to process the video in higher resolution (max resolution I can get now is 720p60 HD), or that you might need to do something about capturing settings. But on the bridge the view is awfully blocky. Also, if you can, I would suggest you increase the volume of your voice and reduce the level of the game. I had to crank up my speaker volume to the max in an otherwise quiet room to clearly hear you and still needed to concentrate.
Thanks for pointing that out- I’ll take a look for the next videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
Also, in the second video, I find it easier to read centigrads by putting the line on the mast and the scale on the waterline. Then it is usually clearer to tell the fractions of centigrads. If there is enough contrast with the water in the dark. Hard to say if it is the case here.
Another good point, that would make sense since the mast tip end is much harder to see!

As always I appreciate the input!
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:19 PM   #7
ht-57
Seaman
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 32
Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0
Default

@derstosstrupp,
GR8 vids! ty for sharing! lots of info to soak up-
would love to see a daytime submerged engagement to
further display the methods of your madness!
ht-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:03 AM   #8
derstosstrupp
Officer
 
derstosstrupp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 299
Downloads: 410
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ht-57 View Post
@derstosstrupp,
GR8 vids! ty for sharing! lots of info to soak up-
would love to see a daytime submerged engagement to
further display the methods of your madness!
Thanks HT! That one is next on the list.
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim