SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-08-20, 04:03 PM   #631
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvusFisch View Post
Hey, I just bought the game from Steam and it keeps crashing once i click on start in the career.
first, welcome to subsim.
second, you are posting this question in the wrong forum. s/b in SH4 forum: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202
third, in what folder did you install? if it was the default folder, you will need to do it again because Win10 places restrictions on old programs (like SH4) when they are installed in the default location (C:\Program Files (x86)). Use a unique folder name such as C:\Ubisoft or a secondary hard drive: D:\Ubisoft.
lastly, for now, go to the forum referenced above and review the SH4 TUTORIAL thread. all kinds of useful information for the newbie.
https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=219029

good luck, new Kaleun.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-20, 05:52 AM   #632
Seaman Jones
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Hello, I'm new here, I've been playing SH4 since it came out. The mods are really great, thanks for the great job.
Old 08-16-20, 08:30 AM   #633
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Welcome aboard matey!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-20, 04:46 PM   #634
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131

I started a career in January 1943 with the 7th Flotilla at St Nazaire and was given the Type VIIC U-204.

Ordered patrol zone is BB56 just outside the Gulf of St Lawrence near the southern coast of Newfoundland. We know U-Boats hunted around there but I would have expected this patrol grid with a Type IX but I made it using just over 40% of my fuel reserves.

The only issues are aircraft and weather. In 14-days transit not a single aircraft appeared and the weather has been continuously clear and really fine with winds of 3-5 m/s at worst. Not a single vessel or convoy was met, the world seems empty despite the incoming radio traffic.

So what's with the great winter weather and complete lack of Allied air power in 1943?

Here's my Dark Waters Modding List:
OM_DarkWaters_V6
OM_Strategic_Map_Symbols
OM_UMark
OM_Warm_Clothes
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
OM_Stock_RAOFB_UJagd
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton

Thanks in advance for any responses.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 12:07 PM   #635
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I created a Quick Mission in the Norway campaign (May 1940), and while testing it I realised my Type VIIB had no hydrophones.

The same happened with Type IIC. Type IIB seems OK though.

While I've tinkered a lot with AI ships, I have no experience in changing files for playable submarines. Where should I look at in order to fix it?

In the .sns file there's an H01 node with an Hydrophone sensor for the duration of the war, so I guess this is not the right place.
Old 08-18-20, 02:23 PM   #636
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomizer View Post
I started a career in January 1943 with the 7th Flotilla at St Nazaire and was given the Type VIIC U-204.

Ordered patrol zone is BB56 just outside the Gulf of St Lawrence near the southern coast of Newfoundland. We know U-Boats hunted around there but I would have expected this patrol grid with a Type IX but I made it using just over 40% of my fuel reserves.

The only issues are aircraft and weather. In 14-days transit not a single aircraft appeared and the weather has been continuously clear and really fine with winds of 3-5 m/s at worst. Not a single vessel or convoy was met, the world seems empty despite the incoming radio traffic.

So what's with the great winter weather and complete lack of Allied air power in 1943?

Here's my Dark Waters Modding List:
OM_DarkWaters_V6
OM_Strategic_Map_Symbols
OM_UMark
OM_Warm_Clothes
TheDarkWraith_DC_Water_Disturbance_v2_0_SH4
OM_Stock_RAOFB_UJagd
Webster's Eliminate Floating Plankton

Thanks in advance for any responses.

-C
I would first try to remove some mods, and do just the basics with Dark Waters only, and see if it changes anything. Basic questions, but had you emptied the Save folder and enabled a memory app, like LAA or 4gig Patch on the SH4.exe file prior to starting Dark Waters? Unless you "split the seam of the defense", there is plenty to find you along the way:

... and that's just the air coverage in the yellow circles, the convoys and merchants for 1943 as in Dark Waters (and OM). That's maybe about 1/2 of what runs, and a lot repeats those routings... Were you too far north?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapLance View Post
I created a Quick Mission in the Norway campaign (May 1940), and while testing it I realised my Type VIIB had no hydrophones.

The same happened with Type IIC. Type IIB seems OK though.

While I've tinkered a lot with AI ships, I have no experience in changing files for playable submarines. Where should I look at in order to fix it?

In the .sns file there's an H01 node with an Hydrophone sensor for the duration of the war, so I guess this is not the right place.
That might be because the VIIC is not an "active" submarine until July 30, 1940. Try the date a bit later, and see what happens for the hydrophone. Both the B & the C model use the same UpackIXGHG from 1939-01-01 to 1939-12-31 and the UpackIXKDB from 1940-01-01 to 1945-12-31. That is in the UPCGE files for both boats inside their "Submarine" folders, under the UpgradePackSlots section of the file. The hydrophone "build" itself is in the Data / UPCDataGE / UPCUnitsData / Equipment.upc and the UpgradePacks.upc files. First glance, all looks well in that regard.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-20, 03:18 PM   #637
JapLance
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That might be because the VIIC is not an "active" submarine until July 30, 1940. Try the date a bit later, and see what happens for the hydrophone. Both the B & the C model use the same UpackIXGHG from 1939-01-01 to 1939-12-31 and the UpackIXKDB from 1940-01-01 to 1945-12-31. That is in the UPCGE files for both boats inside their "Submarine" folders, under the UpgradePackSlots section of the file. The hydrophone "build" itself is in the Data / UPCDataGE / UPCUnitsData / Equipment.upc and the UpgradePacks.upc files. First glance, all looks well in that regard.
As I was reading your response a light popped up in my brain . The submarine cfg date in the mission. It was set to 1938. I put the right date and not only did I get the hydrophone, but also my U-boat selection for the mission widened with a couple of IX types.

I'm rusty . Thanks for the help
Old 08-18-20, 03:23 PM   #638
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

You are welcome! Glad we could jog your memory, even if we pointed to a different location!... lol - you'll get a warning about the sub entering the scenario after the start date, but nothing about the configuration date, which for the Tambor especially in the US side looms LARGE!!!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 06:38 PM   #639
CapnHeck
Watch

Downloads: 44
Default Sensational mod but odd bug...

So after tinkering with settings, I fixed a CTD that kept occurring, but now I have an odd problem.

The game/mod is nice and stable EXCEPT when I go to an external view (F12) of the uboat.

Then I'll get a dump to a black screen. I'm running it in recommended resolution and recommended Nvidia settings with a 980ti. OM is my only installed mod and I'm running it on Steam which means it's patched to 1.5 (I assume!)

Anyone having anything LIKE this wacky problem?

THANK YOU for the hard work on this mod. It makes the game absolutely lovely!
CapnHeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-20, 06:55 PM   #640
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnHeck View Post
So after tinkering with settings, I fixed a CTD that kept occurring, but now I have an odd problem.

The game/mod is nice and stable EXCEPT when I go to an external view (F12) of the uboat.

Then I'll get a dump to a black screen. I'm running it in recommended resolution and recommended Nvidia settings with a 980ti. OM is my only installed mod and I'm running it on Steam which means it's patched to 1.5 (I assume!)

Anyone having anything LIKE this wacky problem?

THANK YOU for the hard work on this mod. It makes the game absolutely lovely!
kaleun heck,

are you running with LAA or similar utility?
even though you say you only running OM, it is still best to port your mod list with your problem/issue.
use JGSME-Tasks-Export-To Clipboard. then paste it here.

LAA enabled
Old 08-30-20, 12:13 PM   #641
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 1
Default A Meisterwerke!

I finally installed Dark Waters and been going through the school missions to get a feel for the sim. The graphics and details are gorgeous! The nav map is well detailed and I really like the topographical style. The crew have a 'life like' feel and a step above the 'crash test dummies' you tend to find. The sea has a nice translucent look with opaque froth that is natural. I wonder what a storm is going to look like?

Fifi's hard work is quite apparent! I foresee many hours of game play for myself.

Thank you sir

MacGregor sends Bravo Zulu
Old 08-30-20, 12:34 PM   #642
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
I finally installed Dark Waters and been going through the school missions to get a feel for the sim. The graphics and details are gorgeous! The nav map is well detailed and I really like the topographical style. The crew have a 'life like' feel and a step above the 'crash test dummies' you tend to find. The sea has a nice translucent look with opaque froth that is natural. I wonder what a storm is going to look like?

Fifi's hard work is quite apparent! I foresee many hours of game play for myself.

Thank you sir

MacGregor sends Bravo Zulu
Glad to hear your kind words mate!
It has been a long long work to get what you are seeing ... and to not forget Propbeanie, S7rikeback, KaleunMarco and few others help when i got lost!
Thanks again, just enjoy it even if it’s not 100% perfect...
I returned to SH3, but still have an eye over here
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 12:36 PM   #643
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Glad to hear your kind words mate!
It has been a long long work to get what you are seeing ... and to not forget Propbeanie, S7rikeback, KaleunMarco and few others help when i got lost!
Thanks again, just enjoy it even if it’s not 100% perfect...
I returned to SH3, but still have an eye over here
Fifi, tu es trop généreux, mon ami!

LAA enabled
Old 08-30-20, 01:38 PM   #644
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
Fifi, tu es trop généreux, mon ami!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-20, 04:52 PM   #645
facupa
Swabbie

Downloads: 62
Default same problem!!!!!!!!!!! how did you fix????

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
I fixed the problem now!

I just switched from the Ubisoft version I was using and I went to Steam and it worked!

Thank you so much guys!

Even though you didn't do much, lol.

Cannot wait to try out this mod!

how did you fix???? please
facupa is offline   Reply With Quote