SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-08, 12:47 PM   #226
602Sqn_Puff
Ensign

Downloads: 322
Uploads: 0

Thx Lurker...just spotted that in game
Old 08-17-08, 01:43 PM   #227
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0

Not really a glitch or a problem, but is there any chance we might see the dive times adjusted in a future release of OM.

A crash dive in a type IX takes a little over 1min30secs which to me seems a little fast.
Old 08-17-08, 01:46 PM   #228
tigone
Mate

Downloads: 33
Default Patrol Assignments and U-Boat Range

This mod is going to be a lot of fun.

I started a new career (Type VIIC, March 1942, 7th U-Flotte), and was assigned a patrol in the Southern Caribbean, near Curaçao. That's extreme long range for a Type VII, and I only made it there and back by chugging along at 6 knots. It made for a long patrol, something like 65 or 70 days, almost all of that in transit. I completed objectives on two patrol stations but had to ignore third (all in the Caribbean) due to my fuel levels. Also (possibly significant), during the entire time, I only encountered one enemy vessel, while I would have expected that patrol area to be fairly lousy with them.

Starting my second patrol in June 1942, I again got assigned to the southern Caribbean. This simply doesn't ring right to me. While a handful of Type VIIs operated in the Gulf of Mexico (a slightly shorter patrol radius), the large majority were Type IXs. The Type VIIs were never designed for such a combat radius, and rarely assigned to really distant patrol areas.

So is there any particular reason that my U-355 is getting sent so far? Is it just bad random luck, a glitch in the campaign software or does Onkel Karl just think I look good with a tan?

Same question for the almost complete lack of targets on that first patrol -- just bad luck, or a glitch in the campaign?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 08-17-08, 02:06 PM   #229
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012
Not really a glitch or a problem, but is there any chance we might see the dive times adjusted in a future release of OM.

A crash dive in a type IX takes a little over 1min30secs which to me seems a little fast.
This is a "stock" issue and there is nothing I can do about right now
Old 08-17-08, 02:20 PM   #230
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigone
This mod is going to be a lot of fun.

I started a new career (Type VIIC, March 1942, 7th U-Flotte), and was assigned a patrol in the Southern Caribbean, near Curaçao. That's extreme long range for a Type VII, and I only made it there and back by chugging along at 6 knots. It made for a long patrol, something like 65 or 70 days, almost all of that in transit. I completed objectives on two patrol stations but had to ignore third (all in the Caribbean) due to my fuel levels. Also (possibly significant), during the entire time, I only encountered one enemy vessel, while I would have expected that patrol area to be fairly lousy with them.

Starting my second patrol in June 1942, I again got assigned to the southern Caribbean. This simply doesn't ring right to me. While a handful of Type VIIs operated in the Gulf of Mexico (a slightly shorter patrol radius), the large majority were Type IXs. The Type VIIs were never designed for such a combat radius, and rarely assigned to really distant patrol areas.

So is there any particular reason that my U-355 is getting sent so far? Is it just bad random luck, a glitch in the campaign software or does Onkel Karl just think I look good with a tan?

Same question for the almost complete lack of targets on that first patrol -- just bad luck, or a glitch in the campaign?

Thanks,

Andy

http://www.uboat.net/maps/caribbean.htm

Note: U654 U615 U759 U94 U359
Old 08-17-08, 02:36 PM   #231
tigone
Mate

Downloads: 33

lurker_hlb3 wrote:

> http://www.uboat.net/maps/caribbean.htm

> Note: U654 U615 U759 U94 U359

Point taken. So that's what Onkel Karl meant when he told me, "Stoppen zu jammern!"
Old 08-17-08, 05:46 PM   #232
Orion2012
Commodore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion2012

This is a "stock" issue and there is nothing I can do about right now
Thanks Lurker.
Old 08-18-08, 06:47 AM   #233
AntEater
Grey Wolf

Another thing:
Dud rates are far too high. The impact exploder was generally reliable since around mid 1942 while in OM you currently get up to 50% duds on impact exploder with electric torpedoes.
These dud rates are ok for the first part of the war.
The only flaw the G7E still had was deep running, which was only solved in about mid 1942.

Last edited by AntEater; 08-18-08 at 07:10 AM.
Closed Thread