SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-14-17, 12:22 PM   #1
flyingmadpakke
Nub

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Icon9 MODS - Plzz help me find the right mods that will fix the game :)

Hello everyone!

So, I have a copy of silent hunter 5 (On uplay), and I really want to immerse myself with the title of captain abord my very own type VII u-boat.
The only problem is... The state of the game is making it a little hard.
I've tried to fix what I could with mods, but it's still broken and unplayable.
That's why I hope you guys can help!

What mods/mod pack should I get in order to fix the game as much as possible?

Here are two of the most annoying things in my experience:
1. Progression in the game is not possible - missions literally can't be completed. If I do a mission and get "mission objective completed" on that mission, I will not get a cross for completing it, and when I end the patrol, nothing is changed.

2. The game breaks immersion alot - I didn't know my captain had 1 mio. feet, I mean how else would you explain the sound of an army every time you take a step forward? I'm of course talking about the insane foot step bug that occurs all the time.

Of course there are many more bugs in this game, but those two are the worst in my opinion. If someone know a mod/mods that fixes those two game breakers, then everything else would be added bonus.

I really hope you guys can help me out, as I do want to play the game!
Thanks!
flyingmadpakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 12:28 PM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmadpakke View Post
Hello everyone!

So, I have a copy of silent hunter 5 (On uplay), and I really want to immerse myself with the title of captain abord my very own type VII u-boat.
The only problem is... The state of the game is making it a little hard.
I've tried to fix what I could with mods, but it's still broken and unplayable.
That's why I hope you guys can help!

What mods/mod pack should I get in order to fix the game as much as possible?

Here are two of the most annoying things in my experience:
1. Progression in the game is not possible - missions literally can't be completed. If I do a mission and get "mission objective completed" on that mission, I will not get a cross for completing it, and when I end the patrol, nothing is changed.

2. The game breaks immersion alot - I didn't know my captain had 1 mio. feet, I mean how else would you explain the sound of an army every time you take a step forward? I'm of course talking about the insane foot step bug that occurs all the time.

Of course there are many more bugs in this game, but those two are the worst in my opinion. If someone know a mod/mods that fixes those two game breakers, then everything else would be added bonus.

I really hope you guys can help me out, as I do want to play the game!
Thanks!
Just check my signature, go trough some of the provided documentation and tips and by this evening you'll enjoy full silent hunter experience, hardcore or not, it is up to You...
Happy hunting!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 12:46 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > flyingmadpakke
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community

Steam Conversion Installation Instructions for SH5 Updated Version
Highly Recommended SH5 > The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod > Optional KSDCommander > Working Enigma Machine > Sub Flags > Not Compatible With STEAM
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-17, 05:50 PM   #4
excel4004
Hans-Jürgen Hellriegel

Downloads: 262

The Wolves of Steel mod is all what you need to fix your problems!

excel4004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-17, 01:31 PM   #5
Grimm862
Swabbie

Downloads: 11

TWOS mod turns the game into what it should of been all along, and allows you to retain that easy mode if you'd like through it's optionseditor.
Grimm862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 10:56 AM   #6
flyingmadpakke
Nub

Downloads: 19
Icon14 Thanks!

Thanks guys!

TWOS is really great!
Avoided it at first because I wanted to retain some vanilla for my first playthrough, but TWOS makes this game completely, no doubt.
I love what it does, especially the enigma machine is awesome!
Albeit, there is still a fair amount of stuff to keep in mind as you play the game, such that you get the most stable experience, but so far it's great!
Thanks!

One more question.
Can i safely disable/enable mods if I do it while docked at a bunker, in between patrols?
It's only small things like the contact color addon, which I had originally installed, but now I think it would be more fun to go without.
flyingmadpakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-17, 11:33 AM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmadpakke View Post
Thanks guys!

TWOS is really great!
Avoided it at first because I wanted to retain some vanilla for my first playthrough, but TWOS makes this game completely, no doubt.
I love what it does, especially the enigma machine is awesome!
Albeit, there is still a fair amount of stuff to keep in mind as you play the game, such that you get the most stable experience, but so far it's great!
Thanks!

One more question.
Can i safely disable/enable mods if I do it while docked at a bunker, in between patrols?
It's only small things like the contact color addon, which I had originally installed, but now I think it would be more fun to go without.
Official TWoS addon mods can be disabled/enabled anytime...

Last edited by vdr1981; 07-17-17 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-17-17, 11:36 AM   #8
Hemmernator
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 89

hi lol i just dont want them to think im a bot, so...yeah. hi.http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/imag...n_Salute-1.gif
Hemmernator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 07:23 PM   #9
jpinard
Mate

My apologies for this question as I'm sure its been answered before but I'm still a bit confused.

* Can I install SH5 from the Ubisoft launcher? My original copy is from Steam and it appears the Wolves of Steel mod doesn't work with the Steam version? Or did I misinterpret that?

* With the full Wolves of Steel mod is there an option to have easier modes instead of hardcore right off the bat? Or do you have to change that via disabling some mods? I'm just starting to play and need to learn. I played SH4 years ago upon release but it's been so long I don't remember anything.

Thanks!
jpinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 07:44 PM   #10
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinard View Post
My apologies for this question as I'm sure its been answered before but I'm still a bit confused.

* Can I install SH5 from the Ubisoft launcher? My original copy is from Steam and it appears the Wolves of Steel mod doesn't work with the Steam version? Or did I misinterpret that?

* With the full Wolves of Steel mod is there an option to have easier modes instead of hardcore right off the bat? Or do you have to change that via disabling some mods? I'm just starting to play and need to learn. I played SH4 years ago upon release but it's been so long I don't remember anything.

Thanks!
TWoS won't work fine with steam unless you perform sh5.exe conversion which is rather advanced for some users. All other game versions can work just fine...

And of course, one of the main advantages of Twos expansion is that it can be arcade as hell, ultra realistic or even something in between. Quick look at twos install instructions and FAQ documentation will tell you all you need to know before you start playing the game.
Happy hunting!
Old 08-08-17, 12:49 PM   #11
jpinard
Mate

Where can I get a copy of the game where I won't have to go through all that trouble? I already have it listed as purchased via Uplay, but when I go to install a fresh copy it initiates the Steam installer even though I do it through Uplay.

Would this work? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 08-09-17, 11:24 AM   #12
THEBERBSTER

Hi jp
Steam and Uplay are two different interne download sites.
It would appear that you have some Steam files left over that are having an influence on Uplay.
Remove the Steam installer from the Program (x86) File folder.
You may also want to go to the Control Panel and uninstall SH5 and the Ubisoft Game Launcher.
Recheck that there are no SH5 Ubisoft folders anywhere.

Run a Registry Cleaner.

Post #70 How To Use The Free Registry Cleaner 'Ccleaner' > Includes Download Link
Reboot your system and install your game from Uplay again.

Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing
Peter
Old 08-09-17, 03:44 PM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Also, Steam can manage other games besides Steam games, and you may have set it that way, by accident... I can't remember how you do it though (we'd have to get my 17 yo on here)... and it might just be that it's still in your "catalog" and Steam sees "SH5.exe" and goes "Oh, that's mine! Let me help!" - I wish I knew more about Steam, but since it (usually - knock on wood) stays out of my way, I try to ignore it... sorry. If I can catch the 17 yo, I'll ask him.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 04:21 PM   #14
jpinard
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Also, Steam can manage other games besides Steam games, and you may have set it that way, by accident... I can't remember how you do it though (we'd have to get my 17 yo on here)... and it might just be that it's still in your "catalog" and Steam sees "SH5.exe" and goes "Oh, that's mine! Let me help!" - I wish I knew more about Steam, but since it (usually - knock on wood) stays out of my way, I try to ignore it... sorry. If I can catch the 17 yo, I'll ask him.
That would be great because I deleted and went through everything @THEBERBSTER mentioned and it didn't work. I'm curious however if UBIsoft's installer told Steam to manage the install - being a Steam registered game in UBI's own database.
Old 08-10-17, 05:32 AM   #15
THEBERBSTER

Hi jp
Steam and the Ubisoft/Uplay game launcher will install in the Program Files (x86) directory.
Your Uplay login, email and password will be recognized as any type of installation has to use UpPlay.
This will be why Uplay still recognize your original Steam connection.
You could set up a new account.

You should have a separate Uplay icon that you can use to see the Uplay screen as in the picture below and make changes to settings if needed.

You will notice the default game installation path is shown even though my game is installed in D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
You should be able to download the game to another dirve or a different folder (not Steam) of your own making like C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5
Program Files (X86) directory is restrictive and it is better not to have your main game folder installed in it.

Another option is to install a new game launcher that allows you to install anywhere you want to put it.

Post #97 SH5 Game Launcher Install It Anywhere On Any Drive
Peter

Last edited by THEBERBSTER; 08-10-17 at 05:42 AM.

Tags
bug, bugs, mod, modpack, mods