Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-30-20, 02:14 PM   #1
StimpsonJCat
Watch

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0
Default TWOS bugs?

I've been playing TWOS (2.15 up to 2.18 now)for well over 300 hours and somewhere in the middle of all those hours i noticed what i think are two bugs appear all of a sudden.

1) when using the hydrophone i have a really hard time locking onto targets. It used to be that when the needle moved over a sound target it let you know that there was a target that you could then lock onto. Now it seems that the "merchant" text flickers in and out and only lets me lock on if I'm very close to the target. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong but if feel like i used to be able to lock onto a target from much further away and the "merchant" text was always solid.

2) I also seem to remember when rigging the boat for silent running if i put the engines into ahead slow (1) it would keep it at a "silent" 55 RPMs and the top speed would be about 1.5 kn. Now when the electric engines should be running silent if i choose ahead slow it jumps up to around 120 RPM with a speed of about 3 kn. The only way i can get to actually run silent is to manually click just below 2 kn on the speed dial when holding ctrl. This has given my position away when trying to sneak up on a convoy.

Maybe i'm misremembering my first 150 or so hours of this game but I wanted to check with the fine folks of the subsim community. I'm running the Steam version of the game. Here are the various things i've tried to fix these issues.
-uninstalled and reinstalled game completely
-tried newer version of TWOS
-built a brand new computer a few weeks ago with a completely clean install
-cleared out my uplay cloud saves and disabled the cloud save , then completely reinstalled the game

-started a new career twice and testing historical missions as well

-ran TWOS with only the appropriate resolution fix mod and no extras.
StimpsonJCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 08:18 AM   #2
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
I've been playing TWOS (2.15 up to 2.18 now)for well over 300 hours and somewhere in the middle of all those hours i noticed what i think are two bugs appear all of a sudden.

1) when using the hydrophone i have a really hard time locking onto targets. It used to be that when the needle moved over a sound target it let you know that there was a target that you could then lock onto. Now it seems that the "merchant" text flickers in and out and only lets me lock on if I'm very close to the target. Maybe I'm remembering this wrong but if feel like i used to be able to lock onto a target from much further away and the "merchant" text was always solid.

2) I also seem to remember when rigging the boat for silent running if i put the engines into ahead slow (1) it would keep it at a "silent" 55 RPMs and the top speed would be about 1.5 kn. Now when the electric engines should be running silent if i choose ahead slow it jumps up to around 120 RPM with a speed of about 3 kn. The only way i can get to actually run silent is to manually click just below 2 kn on the speed dial when holding ctrl. This has given my position away when trying to sneak up on a convoy.

Maybe i'm misremembering my first 150 or so hours of this game but I wanted to check with the fine folks of the subsim community. I'm running the Steam version of the game. Here are the various things i've tried to fix these issues.
-uninstalled and reinstalled game completely
-tried newer version of TWOS
-built a brand new computer a few weeks ago with a completely clean install
-cleared out my uplay cloud saves and disabled the cloud save , then completely reinstalled the game

-started a new career twice and testing historical missions as well

-ran TWOS with only the appropriate resolution fix mod and no extras.

Hi StimpsonJCat,
What you are experiencing isn't really the case in properly installed game+TWoS mod. Are you sure that everything is installed as per provided PDF install instructions? Can you post few screenshots of mentioned situations?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 10:33 AM   #3
StimpsonJCat
Watch

Downloads: 42
Uploads: 0

I double checked the install instructions and i think i had forgot to reload the snapshot. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you.
StimpsonJCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-20, 10:37 AM   #4
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
I double checked the install instructions and i think i had forgot to reload the snapshot. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote