SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-22-17, 05:39 PM   #1306
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzin1973 View Post
Any chance you could make a widescreen version of it? I use a widescreen UI with MYGM (Magui), and would love to have that as my menu screen.
Why not ?

Just send me a screenshot at scale 1:1 with the Options screen displayed.
Old 03-22-17, 09:47 PM   #1307
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
By the way, what do you think about my new main NYGM menu screen
Kendras! Could you release NYGM_2017A_Fix with a new main menu screen?
Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 03:40 AM   #1308
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1333

Quote:
I've found the solutions !

So :

1/ About the problem of compartments that are impossible to access to repair them :
It comes from this mod : NYGM (1) Tonnage War V2.5 – Stand Alone Version
Folder : data\Menu\cfg\game
Files : damage_1 to 3.cfg ---> delete them. (I don't know what is wrong with them)

2/ About the red mark always displayed :
It comes from this mod : NYGM (9) Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1
Folder : data\Menu
File : en_menu.txt : there is a blank space after 589= ---> write 589=HULL INTEGRITY %s %

---

Edit : in order to have a green mark instead of gray, go in mod NYGM (2) NYGM3_New
Folder : data\Menu\Fonts : change name of HullInteg1.tga, and rename HullInteg1_opt.tga to HullInteg1.tga

Hi kendras
This solution #2 had been left by Stiebler years ago as an option:

http://subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96547 post #5

Solution#1

You are sure is useful to advise deleting files without first discussing with Stiebler?
Old 03-23-17, 03:48 AM   #1309
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Hi kendras
This solution #2 had been left by Stiebler years ago as an option:

http://subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96547 post #5
Yes, I read somewhere in a readme that I can delete the text after 589= if I don't want to have the hull integr displayed. The fact is that this text is deleted only from NYGM (9) Stiebler4C_Addon_for_V16B1, not before, that's what I've discovered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauangua View Post
Solution#1
You are sure is useful to advise deleting files without first discussing with Stiebler?
That's why I post here. If Stiebler has something against this, let's discuss! As I stated, I don't know what's wrong with these files. I'm just saying that when deleted, it solves my problem. So, the question to Stiebler is : do these files bring something special to NYGM ?
Old 03-23-17, 04:08 AM   #1310
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Kendras! Could you release NYGM_2017A_Fix with a new main menu screen?
Why NYGM_2017A_Fix in particular ?

With my own screen ?

In what proportions ?
Old 03-23-17, 06:16 AM   #1311
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 846

Quote:
Why NYGM_2017A_Fix in particular ?

With my own screen ?

In what proportions ?
Now it is already possible in two. The usual 3:4 and widescreen.

Anvar1061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 06:59 AM   #1312
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Benzin1973, Kendras,

Your mod lists show that you have troubles with versions of NYGM that are basic versions (NYGM2.5, NYGM3_New, NYGM_3.6F) that have been around since early 2015 at latest. They are completely stable versions, therefore you must have some other problem.

Other problems fall into 4 categories:
1. Other mods that have also been installed onto this NYGM foundation.
2. Corruption of some of the game files in My Documents\SH3\....
3. Corruption of your basic SH3 set-up by mis-use of JSGME. (You have changed some files in your setup that have been added with JSGME, and therefore they have not been removed.)
4. Corruption caused by misuse of SH3Commander. (Useful, but not required with NYGM.)

Strategies for problems 1-4 above:
1. Remove non-NYGM mods from your mixture and try again.
2. Rename your My Documents\SH3\data\.... to My Documents\XXXSH3XXX\data.... This means you will start again with a completely fresh series of files, but you can if necessary recover your game-save data at a later date from the XXXSH3XXX\data folder.
3. Use JSGME to UNLOAD all your mods from your current set-up. At the end, you should be left with only the basic SH3 game files pre-dating the end of 2006 (I don't know about Steam versions, they might have later dates). Having established the integrity of these files, use JSGME to reload the basic NYGM components up to and including NYGM_2017 again. Test that this combination functions correctly. Then continue by adding your other preferred mods.
4. I have little knowledge of SH3Commander, so can't help much. Check the main SH3Commander thread. However, I recall that not unwinding past changes before starting new changes can cause a lot of problems.

Adopting the above strategies will certainly get NYGM running for you properly again, at least up to the NYGM_2017A level.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 07:49 AM   #1313
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Default Other issues with NYGM_2017A

Concerning other issues raised above by users of NYGM, specifically new release NYGM_2017A.

In no particular order:
1. PO1B ship - the ship.tga appears to be blank. In PaintShopPro, the ship tga differs from most of the other ship tga files from IABL in that it has a vertical white stripe (whereas the others have a vertical black stripe). I have no idea what this signifies, but the PO1B ship looks fine in the Museum of SH3 (small transport).
2. 3rd Flotilla mod. I checked these before release and could see no real reason to change them. The en_menu.txt should be fine for the basic NYGM set-up, but will need to have further entries added if you are using the H.sie (and perhaps also the Stiebler4c) hard-code addons - see the documentation of the hard-code mods.
3. FuMB37XXIIINYGM mod for 1944-45. I've already checked this in tests, before anyone mentions it - it seems to be OK. No important files altered.
4. Someone writing recently in this thread - I forget whom - is using the Stiebler4C hard-code mod without first installing the H.sie hard-code mod! This will cause all kinds of strange results!
5. Kendras' new screen menu. It looks pretty good to me, although personally I prefer the original. No reason it shouldn't be an optional extra for NYGM - and there should be no copyright issues about this screen with Ubisoft, unlike alterations to the initial loading screen with its Ubisoft copyright logos.

I think that's about it for now.

Stiebler.
Old 03-23-17, 10:21 AM   #1314
Warsteiner
Swabbie

Downloads: 337

Stiebler, could you explain how to re-enable the torpedo pistol dial of Hitman Optics, now that we can switch between magnetic and impact torpedoes again with your updated version? I'm using H.sie's hard-code fix with unreliable torpedoes.
As stated in the readme file of Hitman Optics NYGM 3.6:
-Torpedo Pistol dial deleted, as per original NYGM settings. You can't switch from magnetic exploder anymore.
-"Lock" button repositioned in the place where the torpedo pistol dial was.
Warsteiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 11:02 AM   #1315
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
Other problems fall into 4 categories:
1. Other mods that have also been installed onto this NYGM foundation.
2. Corruption of some of the game files in My Documents\SH3\....
3. Corruption of your basic SH3 set-up by mis-use of JSGME. (You have changed some files in your setup that have been added with JSGME, and therefore they have not been removed.)
4. Corruption caused by misuse of SH3Commander. (Useful, but not required with NYGM.)

Strategies for problems 1-4 above:
1. Remove non-NYGM mods from your mixture and try again.
2. Rename your My Documents\SH3\data\.... to My Documents\XXXSH3XXX\data.... This means you will start again with a completely fresh series of files, but you can if necessary recover your game-save data at a later date from the XXXSH3XXX\data folder.
3. Use JSGME to UNLOAD all your mods from your current set-up. At the end, you should be left with only the basic SH3 game files pre-dating the end of 2006 (I don't know about Steam versions, they might have later dates). Having established the integrity of these files, use JSGME to reload the basic NYGM components up to and including NYGM_2017 again. Test that this combination functions correctly. Then continue by adding your other preferred mods.
4. I have little knowledge of SH3Commander, so can't help much. Check the main SH3Commander thread. However, I recall that not unwinding past changes before starting new changes can cause a lot of problems.

Adopting the above strategies will certainly get NYGM running for you properly again, at least up to the NYGM_2017A level.
Honestly, that's what I've done :
- disabled all mods with JSGME
- then testing without mods --> it worked (so, no corruption of the files, fresh install after all)
- testing with only one new mod at once --> with the first NYGM, I couldn't repair some compartments.

I don't use SH3 Commander.

I believe you when you say that NYGM mods are stable.

I will try to re-enable your damage.cfg files to be 200 % sure.

Maybe Benzin1973 can confirm with his electric engine ?
Old 03-23-17, 11:15 AM   #1316
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

OK. I think I've found the problem.

I have compared the stock damage.cfg files with yours. The only differences between them : in your files, there is ";" at the beginning of the following lines :

In damage_0.cfg :
;[ICON1] ; RadioSonar
;[ICON2] ; CommandRoom
;[ICON3] ; Diesel Engine
;[ICON4] ; Electric Engine
;[ICON5] ; Bow Torpedo

In damage_1.cfg :
;[ICON1] ; Mini7Radio
;[ICON2] ; Mini7Command
;[ICON3] ; Mini7Diesel
;[ICON4] ; Mini7Electric
;[ICON5] ; Mini7BowTor
;[ICON8] ; Mini7SternTor

In damage_2.cfg :
;[ICON1] ; Mini9Radio
;[ICON2] ; Mini9Command
;[ICON3] ; Mini9Diesel
;[ICON4] ; Mini9Electric
;[ICON5] Mini9BowTor
;[ICON8] ; Mini9SternTor

Is it normal ? ...
Old 03-23-17, 11:28 AM   #1317
FUBAR295
Krusty Krab

Downloads: 439

The semicolon ( tells the program to ignore the following after the ; as you most likely know. Not sure why those files are like that.

Did notice that you have a missing ; after the ICON5 Mini9bowTor as below. Not sure if that is a problem.

In damage_2.cfg :
;[ICON1] ; Mini9Radio
;[ICON2] ; Mini9Command
;[ICON3] ; Mini9Diesel
;[ICON4] ; Mini9Electric
;[ICON5] Mini9BowTor
;[ICON8] ; Mini9SternTor

I have used NYGM since the beginning and seldom had any significant issues, mostly with add on mods and just need to get them in the correct order. I never experienced what you are currently seeing.

FUBAR295 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-17, 11:31 AM   #1318
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Did notice that you have a missing ; after the ICON5 Mini9bowTor as below. Not sure if that is a problem.
Yep, but it changes nothing because the whole line is ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUBAR295 View Post
Not sure why those files are like that.
I don't know. I've downloaded the mod from the "official" page : http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/
Old 03-23-17, 01:33 PM   #1319
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Kendras:
I've downloaded the existing version of NYGM_2.5 Tonnage War from the official SubSim-NYGM site and checked the damage files you showed.
The icons that you mentioned are all commented out, for example as in
damage_0.cfg :
;[ICON1] ; RadioSonar
;[ICON2] ; CommandRoom
;[ICON3] ; Diesel Engine
;[ICON5] ; Bow Torpedo

Thus somehow you have installed a false copy of these damage_n.cfg files (and perhaps other files as well.)
I suggest downloading the main NYGM files again and reinstalling.

Incidentally, it was Observer, one of the founders of NYGM, who created the damage model. I have little knowledge of it myself.

Anyway, I hope that helps,
Stiebler.
Old 03-23-17, 02:33 PM   #1320
Kendras
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Kendras:
I've downloaded the existing version of NYGM_2.5 Tonnage War from the official SubSim-NYGM site and checked the damage files you showed.
The icons that you mentioned are all commented out, for example as in
damage_0.cfg :
;[ICON1] ; RadioSonar
;[ICON2] ; CommandRoom
;[ICON3] ; Diesel Engine
;[ICON5] ; Bow Torpedo
But precisely, the problem comes from these semi-colons at the beginning of each lines which have to be deleted in order to be able to repair the compartments !

Tags
torpedos through hull