SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2020, 01:15 PM   #1
Silent&deadly
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 16
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default New Laptop Problems with SH5

OK, so I have a new laptop but when I try to play SH5 all I get is a video which I cannot get out of unless I restart my laptop, I cannot play SH5.

My laptop specs are;

Acer Aspire F5-573G
Windows 10 Home 64-bit O/S, X64 based processor

GeForce GTX 950M

Driver Version 451.48

Intel Core i5-7200 CPU@2.50GHz(2.70GHz)

Installed Memory (RAM) 8 GB (7.87 GB usable)

Any help with this please?
I have already tried uninstalling everything then re installing everything.
Silent&deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
3catcircus
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 171
Downloads: 232
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent&deadly View Post
OK, so I have a new laptop but when I try to play SH5 all I get is a video which I cannot get out of unless I restart my laptop, I cannot play SH5.

My laptop specs are;

Acer Aspire F5-573G
Windows 10 Home 64-bit O/S, X64 based processor

GeForce GTX 950M

Driver Version 451.48

Intel Core i5-7200 CPU@2.50GHz(2.70GHz)

Installed Memory (RAM) 8 GB (7.87 GB usable)

Any help with this please?
I have already tried uninstalling everything then re installing everything.

What type of install - DVD? Digital Download? Vanilla or modded? Which directory was it installed in?
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:33 AM   #3
Silent&deadly
Watch
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 16
Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
What type of install - DVD? Digital Download? Vanilla or modded? Which directory was it installed in?
I have tried to install from CD ROM and also direct from Steam,all to no avail
Silent&deadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 11:00 AM   #4
3catcircus
Navy Dude
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 171
Downloads: 232
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent&deadly View Post
I have tried to install from CD ROM and also direct from Steam,all to no avail

Which directory? It should be installed somewhere other than \Program Files\ or \Program Files (x86)


Install into a clean directory.
Uninstall Uplay (\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\. Download latest version of Uplay from Ubi website and install to same location.

Run the game - it'll start Uplay. Change Uplay settings to not automatically go online and not automatically update the game.

Run the game updater manually from \Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\Support\Game Updater\GU.exe (or wherever you installed SH5 to).

Run the game - it should work.

Create a new folder in \Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\ called MODS. You are also now ready to install mods
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2020 Subsim