Old 03-23-24, 07:59 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Science for sale

Science for sale

Is science infallible?

In science and medicine, an assertion is true if it agrees with observation. You may disagree with me now and reproach me for the fact that, over the course of time, many a truth in physics has later turned out to be an error. That the science of Sir Isaac Newton, for example, has been disproved by modern physics.

But that is not the case. The planets followed Newton's equations very closely in the 17th century, and they did not change their course the day Einstein's theory of relativity came along. The theory of relativity only shows that Newton's laws become inaccurate when extremely high speeds are involved. However, this is only the case with the planet Mercury, which is closest to the sun. Its orbit had never exactly adhered to Newton's laws, but thanks to Einstein this could now be explained. The theory of relativity thus revealed the limits of classical physics, but in no way disproved them. Physics is a house of solid cuboids that is constantly being worked on. It has never happened that one of the supporting pillars has turned out to be ailing. We owe this success to the scientific method with which the building was created.

Insight with method

An example to explain this. A long time ago, a colleague had observed a violation of the so-called uncertainty relation in an experiment. This law is the holy grail of quantum physics and I asked him: "What did you do wrong?" He assured me that all possible sources of error had been checked umpteen times and that this explosive matter had to be published quickly.

So it was, and soon the experiment was repeated at other institutes - but with a different result: the violation of the uncertainty principle was not observed. There was an intensive exchange of ideas and soon my friend realized that the dog was buried with him.

So this is the scientific method: the researcher grants the rest of the world total transparency into his work and other researchers will either confirm or question his results. They will not vilify each other as deniers, but welcome each other as useful interlocutors. No one will be ridiculed or canceled, because to err is human.

This method not only gave us clarity about the planet Mercury, but also such useful things as computer tomography, with which we can examine our bodies with millimeter precision, or nuclear energy, which uses less than a millionth of the amount of fuel than before, or the semiconductors in the chips of our smartphones.

German physics

Science always got into trouble when the other bedfellow, politics, squeezed into the same bed. Giordano Bruno, whose image of the universe displeased the Catholic Church, was burned at the stake in 1600, and modern physics, which had settled in Germany at the beginning of the 20th century, felt the effects of this. Nazi policy drove out the Jewish physicists, including the best of the time, and Nazi-compliant scientists then developed a German, "Aryan physics".

After the war, the natural sciences in Germany recovered surprisingly quickly and provided the necessary theoretical foundations for the economic miracle, electrical engineering, nuclear energy and automobile construction.

Never again?

Even today, politics is once again encroaching on the domain of science.

And this is how it happened: In 2000, Al Gore lost the election for US President to Bush Junior. Gore then discovered his passion for the climate and called for a global war against carbon dioxide, which he claimed was heating up the atmosphere. The grotesque thing is that at the time, no one had ever complained about high temperatures. However, so-called "scientists" were quickly found who measured the required warming and used supercomputers to calculate that the world would soon come to an end.

CO2 has indeed risen steadily since then, but Manhattan has not sunk into the sea and the Himalayan glaciers have not melted. Instead, astronomical flows of dollars have flowed into the pockets of certain players. The highlight so far is the 2023 climate conference in Dubai, with no fewer than 70,000 participants, who were probably motivated more by the prospect of personal profit than by scientific truth.

Anyone who questions the official narrative on "climate change" in Germany today is portrayed as a climate denier who contradicts the 97% consensus. However, the 97% shy away from any scientific discussion like the devil shuns holy water, because they know that their statements do not stand up to critical scrutiny. But their remuneration depends on them loudly denying the truth.

High risk and lockdown

The political decisions in connection with corona, whose benefits were uncertain but whose harmful effects were certain, were justified with the claim that science was being followed.

The Robert Koch Institute in Berlin is responsible for research into infectious diseases. Here, the assessment of the health risk posed by coronavirus was raised from "moderate" to "high" in March 2020. This decision served the political executive as justification for lockdowns and other restrictive measures.

Did they really follow findings that had been developed with scientific ethics and care? With such drastic encroachments on basic civil rights, one would expect so. The minutes of the RKI corona crisis team, which were recently exposed by Multipolar, suggest that this was not the case. It was not scientific findings, but pressure from the government that led to this escalation! So the government did not follow the science at all, but forced the scientists at the RKI to deliver the desired results.

Doctors who felt committed to their oath "primum non nocere" (first and foremost do no harm) and who refused to follow questionable political directives were locked up in prisons and have been awaiting sentencing for months. They are the brave heirs of Giordano Bruno.

The accepted lie

A lie, repeated often enough, is eventually accepted by the general public; and not only that, it is even defended. This has worked perfectly in the case of climate change and coronavirus, and it was no different with the nuclear phase-out. To this day, it is justified by the alleged 18,000 deaths at Fukushima, although it has been known for 10 years that only one person died from radioactive radiation.

And it is to be feared that this business model of accepted lies will be repeated, especially because new generations are less likely to be too critical of nuclear power due to their teachers. That is not a good thing.

Over the centuries, the Western world has built a solid foundation of scientific knowledge gained in the honest pursuit of truth. Over the centuries, science and technology have constantly learned and thus continuously improved the quality of human life. Politics, however, is characterized by the fact that it shies away from the truth, that it does not doubt itself, that it learns nothing from history. And so it keeps erecting dilapidated towers that collapse catastrophically time and time again, burying people beneath them.

That is the price to be paid when a society follows the majority rather than the truth.

--------------------

Who is it who speaks in the above? From his blog page https://think-again.org/about-hans/ :

As your host, I would like to welcome you to this blog - my name is Hans Hofmann-Reinecke.

I studied physics in Munich and did my doctorate in nuclear physics. I then worked in nuclear research for many years. In the 1980s I worked for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna as a safeguards inspector.

I spent my youth in beautiful Bavaria, then I lived in Santiago de Chile, and for the last fifteen years I have been living in Cape Town. I visit my old homeland once or twice a year, so I can observe in fast motion what new paths the land of poets and thinkers is taking. And like many others, I have thoughts about this that I would like to share with you.

Perhaps together we can cut a path through the thicket of mental confusion that is currently overrunning our culture and politics. This requires neither more right nor more left, it requires more logic.

Perhaps you would also be interested in one of my books.
Old 03-26-24, 06:14 PM   #2
Gerald
SUBSIM Newsman

Downloads: 548
Uploads: 0

Follow the money 💰!!

Marie Curie

Gerald is offline   Reply With Quote